Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #61
Seer's BFF

I've fought these gems, and I lost to them several times against BP, but it's not true that you cannot land a gem vs them. They tend to fail etc etc so I can get close to killing BP. But I'm not shocked he's killing me, I mean the guy has uptiered weapons/pets/suit, it should be this way. Without these gems he probably wouldn't even touch me, which is very wrong.

I guess if chances were lowered on these gems? That could be helpful to a certain bit I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 07-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #62
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
If the premise is that it is both cheap and easy (low xp) to create this build that is overpowered, we'd definitely expect you to be able to present us with some examples of people doing it in such a way, then we'll look into it. Right now it is impossible to tell if this is merely a request to eliminate a perfectly legit counter to builds that typically dominate.
So now that it was nerfed and dotters are running rampent in arena can u revert the changes to prevents?

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #63
Boss Hunter

somewhat agree, with all the defence gems now can put them back to blue ?
Support

Old 07-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #64
Boss Hunter

seems like nice balance as is. especially when you consider 3v3 coming up. while i'd enjoy killing casters easier 1v1 I say keep as is~

Old 07-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #65
Auction Master

Imma be lazy and just repost some previous thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduir

Changing prevents from blue to grey from my perspective was too much of a nerf. I still think they could have a place in PvP without a 200k pouch shutting down every dps caster build. I would argue for them to be returned to being blue lines but with a change to their mechanics. Reduced replay skill for those lines? GCD or partial GCD on them? GCD for the second in line if the first procs? Increased manergy requirements? Reduced proc %? All worth considering IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:29 AM   #66
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduir
Imma be lazy and just repost some previous thoughts.
changing them to grey was probably just a quick fix, but as far as making prevents better? you shouldn't be able to stop a caster from completely casting , when they can already be stunned/mez'd/dazed , ....

it's their only source of damage. countering it / slowing it down / stunning them should be enough. and then on top of that resistance auras, high cnt, and even resistance gears play a difference too.

I think the game is pretty balanced at the moment, and casters don't need to be nerfed at this moment. Buffing prevents would make it worse.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #67
Rare Collector

u know i find it ironic that 2 casters have 2 wildly different opinions, do i need to add lakki into the paul category knowing something is broken and just using it because they wanna cheat to the top?

when a caster can 3vs1 a whole team u need to rethink wtf is happening in pvp. specially when he doing that vs a t8 equipped bm and 2 tanks...

Old 07-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #68
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklords
u know i find it ironic that 2 casters have 2 wildly different opinions, do i need to add lakki into the paul category knowing something is broken and just using it because they wanna cheat to the top?

when a caster can 3vs1 a whole team u need to rethink wtf is happening in pvp. specially when he doing that vs a t8 equipped bm and 2 tanks...
buffing prevents isn't the solution to that. perhaps adding more anti caster stuff for a 1v1 focused thing wouldn't be bad. but casters are already fairly countered in 3v3. add prevents back in again and they'll drop like a stone again. glitch just needs to figure out how to make some things affect solo and some affect team. there is no way to balance both with universal effects. or at least he hasn't found it after this many years.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #69
Rare Collector

nobody runs prevents 3vs3 Have u tried to prevent 3 diffrent casters at once? its pointless... so how does adding prevents effect 3vs3?

Old 07-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #70
Administrator

Quote:
When the t8 beastmaster is doing next to nothing to adapt to the PvP situation, using dairy cows as his caster counter, it's not incredibly surprising.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #71
Seer's BFF

Quote:
nobody runs prevents 3vs3 Have u tried to prevent 3 diffrent casters at once? its pointless... so how does adding prevents effect 3vs3?
all the top teams run prevents in 3v3

Old 07-08-2019, 04:34 AM   #72
Rare Collector

Can u make a suggestion of what i should be using instead?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:38 AM   #73
Neophyte

i am a dotter aswell, it is broken beyond believe in pvp....its just that simple...a few casts in bonus rupture 40k people easy..should not happen...

darklords runs stalkers,fleshies and cows...due to the speed of koks...the cows have pretty good dps but i guess you should knkow that aswell glitch??

fought dl a few times aswell and he uses anticaster pouch...so uhm?

everyone who uses dot know its quite op in bonus with little to no counters since cnt is rubbish in bonus...and even with do unto etc you only need a few casts to rupture wtf kill

Old 07-09-2019, 08:04 AM   #74
Rare Collector

Erm rush nearly over can u suggest what pets please?

Old 07-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #75
Gem Pouch Expert

dl has used stalkers, fleshies, cows. rabbid, vac, and the crappy gray prevents....not like he doesnt try vs the dotters...ur not gunna listen tho cause he has cows equipped....?
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #76
Administrator

No. You don't get to repeatedly say that you don't care about PvP, then throw your hands up in confusion and complain when your higher tier gear isn't magically countering the adaptive build of an actual top PvPer.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #77
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

yeah i don't 1v3 tanks, as a dcdot i've gotten lucky a handful of times vs weak tanks. if you look at my win loss ratio, you see i lose more than HK and Paulo. , DcDoT isn't meant for this format, and because i'm doing decent with it because i'm a decent toon in PvP.

You know i could complain that bear hide makes it take much longer for me to kill BM's right? but yeah, try a bit harder. I shouldn't win against you at all, and when i do it's mostly luck lol, you have invested billions more than I have. but we both run builds meant more for PvE than PvP anyways. If Glitch wants to buff prevents and force me to go staff to have any chance at all of even getting top 10, in any format. by all means,... nerfing prevents would just make people only go staff dot because it would be the only casting option fast enough to deal with blue prevents on replay speed again

We both just happen to have builds more set for PvE, granted BM is sort of a jack of all trades. decent in both. Paulo is just a strong toon man, always has been. and hes running Staff dot which is strong in PvP. he has a more meta build for PvP than you do, so you have to adapt/try harder.

Last edited by Lakki; 07-09-2019 at 05:03 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #78
Gem Pouch Expert

...so your saying no dc dotters got top 10 when prevents were blue lakki?
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #79
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons
...so your saying no dc dotters got top 10 when prevents were blue lakki?
I never said dcdots never got top 10 when they were blue. I said I won't lower my chances of getting top 10 as a DcDoT if he changes them back to blue. I merely stated that I would go staff if they're blue again. I don't think it's smart for a non-caster toon to be able to pull gems faster than a caster build can because that is a casters main source for damage. Keep in mind times have changed. we've had supreme stoics come out, people have gotten smarter when it comes to dealing with dotters....

Bearhide came out , and more people run cleanse quiver or anti-dot weapons than they used to. And Anyone with a brain is going to try to stunlock a Dotter who has an anti-stun down if they can find a weapon to switch to fast enough to do it

Players are better at PvP than they used to be overall, and I know very well that I would have almost no chance against the stronger players if they were blue as a DcDoT. now stack those machine gun blue prevents with resist gears, werewolf resistance bonus ( and chance to 1 shot from dices) supreme stoics, cuddlebugs, antidot weapons, stuns, not being able to theft them if they run shielding staff, etc. (it would be less par than usual in all seasons, not just 1v1) I'm not the best PvP'er in the game, but even i know with prevents being changed back my chances would be drastically lowered.

And Even If i did get top 10 with it as a DcDoT if they got changed back, it'd be based off epic HP , participation, and tiers, and less reliant on how strong the build actually is. I'd have to queue every day of season, which who wants to queue every day? even i dont queue EVERY day.

Last edited by Lakki; 07-09-2019 at 05:56 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #80
Boss Hunter

Tbf lakki wasn't even a caster back when prevents were blue so he is mostly guessing norm.