Old 12-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #41
Administrator

Typically, a build made specifically to counter another _should_ require less XP and gold, so even if you did make a build that beat your own with half the XP, it would not necessarily be a cause for alarm. Now, if that build beat 75% of all the other possible builds as well, then that would be another story, but if it did that, you'd probably be using it yourself.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:46 AM   #42
Seer's BFF

Yay

Old 12-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #43
Auction Master

regen/miti'd out degen archers kinda fit that alarm part perfectly

Old 12-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #44
Boss Hunter

First of all, melee doesn't need anywhere near 300 mre/pre to pull off prevent gem spamming. The toons that accomplish this the best, in fact, run lower than 200 of each. Blackpanther became much harder to beat since using these gems, and he doesn't even use stun/daze gems or have any way of locking opponents down. The drastic power swing itself should already serve to illustrate the strength of these gems, but paired with stuns from characters like Brookeland and Semperfidelis, the gems become ridiculously overpowered. I had one fight against Semperfidelis where I actually landed 0 gems due to stunlock and prevents over a 30 second time span. Granted, this was one match and the stuns do rely on RNG, but a complete shutdown like this against a top caster should not be overlooked. Of course stoics can be used, but they slow down deft casting under any haste bonuses to the point where the opponent can draw multiple prevents for each gem cast. Slowing down deft recovery for non staff users or increasing the effect of deft finality may remedy this. As for a toon that can beat casters easily, as well as maintain way higher than 75% winrate against any other toons, look to the flesheater/stalker vamp BM or the degen archer. If it helps, I can post the combat skills I have on MA as well as the gear I use, so it may make a little more sense why the current scenario with anti casters in 1v1 is out of hand. In addition, my 98% winrate would not have been possible using only DoT, but was greatly abetted by my degen archer suit, which was one of the builds I listed above.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #45
Boss Hunter

The arena rating fix was a great change by the way, and the toons at the top now are mostly ones that deserve to be there, I feel most players would agree. I sincerely urge the consideration of this issue as well, it would not make dotters invincible by any means, as flesheaters and stuns still destroy dotters and these gems would still work at scaled down success rates.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #46
Boss Hunter

:{

Last edited by Blaze; 01-21-2016 at 02:25 AM..

Old 12-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #47
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
i haven't dueled semper lately i haven't lost to him 1v1 since drain buff. i still haven't got a chance to duel bp since we keep missing each other but semper i have dueled with prevent pouch. i drained him and that was that. then it was just a normal bm vs a dotter.

perhaps he changed to counter that since but nothing is unbeatable.

most amusing part is you have 98% w/l. so basically you're complaining about the 2%? is there anyone in the 2% of losses that isn't a person using a prevent pouch jw? other dotters also don't count since dot vs dot is mostly luck with procs like rupture.

as for "would not make dotters invincible b any means as flesheaters and stuns still destroy dotters" ...i don't think i've lost to one yet. i've lost to prevent pouch+ that combo but i can't think of a time i lost to a flesh bm not using prevent gems.

you guys are just crying because it beats you. just like threads from tanks crying dots beat it you're both just babies who can't handle a loss. grow up no build should be uncounterable.
Douche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 12-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #48
Boss Hunter

Last edited by Blaze; 01-21-2016 at 02:25 AM..

Old 12-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #49
Gem Pouch Expert

before MA went degen archer i was beating him as archer/tank running 900+ cnt, degen and resist auras aka heavily build anticaster not relying on prevent gems. even with 900+ cnt zvekan still managed to drain me using drains to the point my reaper wouldnt work (and thats only 5 energy/mana)

Old 12-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #50
Boss Hunter

@ Devil, Zvekan drains you, but I bet you still won, I could sacrifice other stats for more cnc too but would lose all the same, however I don't think high cnt is broken, I agree that's already a valid counter and it requires sacrifice, whereas these anticasters are broken. As for Blaze's post, no I'm not complaining about the 2%, I'm arguing against something that I feel is too strong right now irrespective of my own winrate. I merely brought up winrate to highlight the fact that it was DoT and degen archer combined that led to this, before people claim it was my DoT alone. Also, I have played many games this season and have tried the drain gems at the start. However, your first gem can be shattered before it casts, and it's not a bad choice to just shatter gem in first slot whenever the level difference hints that you may be facing me. If this gem doesn't go off or I get stunned, the chain of anticasters will start. If you haven't lost to a BM without prevents, ask for billyrules, tsurguyb, retouche, or lordguy to show you how it's done. I appreciate your input besides the remark about crying because we can't take the loss but strongly suggest you put in a few more games this season before making premature comments.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #51
Boss Hunter

With a 656/112 winrate on Alastrina, I find it hard to believe "I can't think of a time I lost to a flesh bm not using prevent gems", as you probably lost to far more than just that. True the person playing arena for you may not be as skilled, but if that's the case I invite you to come back and see for yourself. I mean no disrespect towards your viewpoint, but I would at least hope to keep this thread reasonable and grounded on evidence rather than overly contentious.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #52
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterarcher
... but I would at least hope to keep this thread reasonable and grounded on evidence rather than overly contentious.
Yet to see any arguments. This thread is just 3 pages of anecdotes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeygoesmoo
Soxson gave Magic Johnson AIDS

Old 12-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #53
Boss Hunter

Last edited by Blaze; 01-21-2016 at 02:26 AM..

Old 01-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #54
Auction Master

This really needs to be addressed. Non-casters can pull antigems into play faster than a caster due to replay and get the full effect without no cooldown. It's ridiculous.

Tried spamming DoTs, can't outspam blue antigems though can you? A fast clicker can have three in play before I get a DoT pulled and cooled. Tried spamming cantrips to clear the antis but GUESS WHAT? Cantrips incur cooldown, can't outspam with those.

We're not talking about a build specifically to counter casters, we're talking about 200k of gems to nullify several builds. No backup skills, no gear, bugger all manergy cost, just keep pulling gem after gem, wait til bonus, shazam. A lvl 85 with 200 cnt simply should not be able to nullify a caster with so little effort.

Alternatively, how about a line of blue gems that can completely stop melee/archer/pet damage which have no cooldown and (BEST OF ALL) I don't even have to cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #55
Gem Pouch Expert

Had a few tens of matches in which I've encountered so called "anticaster gems". No gem can beat those guys, I may dare to say no staff user but that may be not entirely true. The only way a gem can win in a battle like this is if the guy is forgetting to pull gems into play.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #56
Boss Hunter

Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #57
Seer's BFF

Drains are by no means invincible, they also get prevented and resisted. if one does get through thats a 600 drain that lasts 20 seconds, all you need is to have theft runes and im sure you wouldnt even notice that drain, you need a couple and still sometimes that might not be enough because you are 100% open to stun/daze/mez when against anticaster pouch because you simply HAVE TO deft cast to have any chance at landing gems. you get stunned for 4 seconds they have time to draw a few more and regain mana/energy.

I stunned someone using anti gems the other day for 4 seconds, and guess what happened.. in those 4 seconds he STILL drew more anti gems than i did dots. quiet funny really, blue gems, cheap, low m/e requirements, requires opponent to leave themselves vulnerable to stun/daze/mezz.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #58
Auction Master

Quote:
so let me get this straight. when you were tank it was.... "good luck pulling those fast enough to compete with a deft-caster"....and now as a dotter it's "Non-casters can pull antigems into play faster than a caster due to replay and get the full effect without no cooldown. It's ridiculous"

nothing has changed regarding these. so did you not know how to build a prevent pouch before? or do you not know how to stop a preventer like the other casters that beat you?

i'll admit the quote i mentioned isn't aimed at dots but it's a deft caster vs a preventer/resister so it fits.

i suppose you can argue that since it's aimed at drains that means if one gets through you can't prevent anymore. but if so why aren't all you dotters using the invincible drains?
There are three casters currently doing arena who beat me. Three of the best casters in the game. Is that supposed to be an insult?

You admit the quote was about something else but you're going to pretend it isn't, just to be an argumentative ****. Good job. Some things never change.

The other quote was in regards to 3v3 arena (as you well know) where as a tank I had sacri, resist auras, imperv and taunts out (as you well know), which makes it hard to match a deft caster (as you well know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #59
Boss Hunter

Old 01-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #60
Gem Pouch Expert

i wonder what paulo and enduir and other dotters are doing to counter preventers and if they would be willing to share with people