Old 12-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #21
Boss Hunter

Hey Devil, I have more than 30b exp., but I did make a pouch that i beat two different Dotters a few times, I'd like to see the outcome of other matches with different Dotters. I also had a match with another toon, but we kept changing gear/pouches and that match i won as well. Oh, by the way, that pouch was a little over 1.5 mil to stock, that includes heavy gems but 5 mil to open a new rune set =(

Last edited by blackpanther; 12-13-2015 at 12:50 AM..

Old 12-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #22
Seer's BFF

so 1.5m new pouch and blackpanther can now beat me easily. before i would beat him easily.

if you have theft runes then you will always be able to use the gems as long as you can do damage (which everyone can against a caster)

PLEASE WATCH some arena fights where this is happening .

Old 12-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #23
Auction Master

so before you beat him easily where he has t4 weapons and around t4 or 5 gear, uptiered pets and bow set and just now he can manage to win? hmmmmm

Old 12-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #24
Auction Master

think you just made your case worse if thats possible tbh

Old 12-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
Seer's BFF

You misunderstand, thats not the topic here. The anticaster gems changed the fight from been an easy one for me to been an easy one for him (HUGE SWING), which is the point of this thread. somethings wrong not even high tiered legendary gear would provide such a change in a fight result. but a pouch that costs 1.5m can do such a thing against CASTERS only.

Now to what you are getting at is dot strength. They are a little over powered i fully agree. just like an archer using regen and degen arrow, its also a little op as to nerf opponents regen while you still have its full ability (unless against another archer).

This is about anticaster gems and nothing else. imagine a dd against someone using anti caster gems, it would be laughable, at how useless the dd would be

Old 12-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #26
Auction Master

use them a lot, they fail as often as they work, even with the gems dot can still win its not a insta loss. even with 300 mre/pre which is reasonably high for a melee its hard to compete with all the drains to make most use of them.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #27
Gem Pouch Expert

yep blackpanther also has what 82b+ exp? granted a bit of that will be non combat specific exp but surely not 50b exp worth and theft runes? plz if 1 or more drains get thru then thefting becomes useless and im not just speculating with that zvekan managed to drain me last night (yes i have no mre/pre but i do use theft runes and i have 906 cnt using resist auras so its not like every gem he casts on me lands) and not once when i drew these mega op prevents did i have the energy/mana for it to actually work

Old 12-14-2015, 02:14 AM   #28
>.>
Auction Master

What paul is saying is that before anti caster gems he won easily.

Then changing nothing else except adding in the gem blackpanther wiped the floor with him.

He is aware that he has tiered gear and that he should not win every match against everyone all the time. What he is saying is that simply adding the gems to a pouch can turn the tables so drastically for so little effort. There are no skills to level and no tactics to use, generally. Simply a way to gain manergy via theft or regen and a pouch full of gems is all it takes to nullify a caster. Then it is just a waiting game as the damage bonus increases.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #29
Boss Hunter

:{

Last edited by Blaze; 01-21-2016 at 02:24 AM..

Old 12-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #30
Gem Pouch Expert

Bp has a build very suited depending on mana theft/energy theft since he has a high attack speed along with a high hit rate. However he does not have mit so late into the fight a few gems can kill him.

Prevent pouch is not the be all end all people make it out to be. If you dont do many other things ( have cnt, have ability to pause opponents casting, have thefts, have pre/mre) you are still going to lose. Even with 6x R7/6 prevents out i have casters go through all 6 of them and land a stun and get a tick that if ruptured would kill me before the stun wears off. Yes sometimes you get lucky and a R2 prevent will prevent the gem... but more often then not 1 gem will go through multiple prevent gems. If 1 of those gems get through you can tap them very easily.

Tbh i have not seen casters making the dramatic changes ( other then MA who has made a new suit ) that many people have done. adding a 100 or 200 agi, or changing dmg legs to ef legs or a ef helm to spellbound helm, adding an apoc or 2, or a drain or 2 or a stun or 2 ... are all minor changes. i know myself, i went through about 3 full suits before i started beating casters, and yes, the gems are cheap, the 250 mil i spent on various weapons/armour to go with those gems are not that cheap though.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #31
Administrator

There are plenty of builds where removing one type of gem from their pouch would negate their effectiveness. The original claim was that there was a super cheap, low XP build that completely trumped a super expensive high XP build, which does not appear to be the case.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #32
Temporarily Suspended

Since anti-caster gems are a thing (or only kind of in glitches opinion) can i have anti-melee/range/pet gems please?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #33
Boss Hunter

Old 12-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #34
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharkas
Since anti-caster gems are a thing (or only kind of in glitches opinion) can i have anti-melee/range/pet gems please?
Yes since melee has biggest dmg in game so we need it.

As DoTer you have rupture which instantly deals huge dmg at once, which other builds don't seem to have. Archers have degen, bms have fleshies. So it's kind of balanced out to certain point on regen bit, which seemed to be biggest issue and source of imbalance. Other than melee which is a bit behind still, nothing some degenlike item for melee or buff for gravebound that does not affect whips or staves would solve.Then each build can beat someone and lose to someone else.

But it's funny how people that mostly complain now are the ones that yelled how DoTs were too op and unbeatable, and prevent gems were out there all the time, also cnt and things like that were out. So me spamming how DoTs can be countered wasn't bs as others said it was and how I was saying that since I was DoTer. Fun fun fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #35
Boss Hunter

Old 12-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #36
Temporarily Suspended

It was meant more as a joke. As a deft caster I could just spam wall gems or heals and basically render melee completely.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #37
Boss Hunter

Old 12-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #38
Seer's BFF

LET ME TELL YOU WHERE TO PUT 25-35B XP INTO YOUR TEST TOON ALONG WITH TIER 1 ARMORS AND AVERAGE TEMPERS AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW MESSED UP THESE GEMS ARE.

Since you dont think they are let me have a change to prove it. I have got no time to make such a toon to prove what im saying, but its highly frustrating not even landing a couple gems against some people.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #39
Boss Hunter

Last edited by Blaze; 01-21-2016 at 02:25 AM..

Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #40
Seer's BFF

GLITCHLESS TEST TOON, called test yes. not asking you or anyone else that plays this game. he can magically level a skill to whatever he wants so it wouldn't take any time to test what i have said.