Old 07-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #101
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn
Good now we are getting somewhere.

I have one very big problem when people talk about nerfing dots.

At the moment for a top top toon, it is not that hard to beat a dot 1v1. It is easy to shut them down to an extent. For example, melee/archer can put on a shield for a split second and fully cleanse dot damage. They can use badgers and 2h to get a fairly op gravebound/degen on the dot, limiting heals and regen, contrary to what people believe you can still use prevents do unto etc, you can put on cuddlebugs and have a shatter every 30 seconds, maybe take out anti stun and equip the miti crusher. All of this combined (and a lot more tactics can be used too) with a resist aura and high cnt i am fairly certain you will kill most dots.

For your average toon or for a lot of op ish toons with good tiers a decent dot may still beat them. Absolutely, so in a way this makes dot op.

But when we talk solely about the top 5-10 toons I would not favor the dot.

To decide who/what needs a little help or a little nerf you have to take the top top toons into account and what they can do to decide who and what is actually op or not.
and the dot could just as easily counter everything the op toons do too. The issue is that we have to go 100% into countering dots to beat them. Dots need to put in 0 effort into beating everyone else they just use the same strategy vs everyone and win 99% of the time. Every other build has to adapt to the situation... dots just use the 1 or 2 pouches they always use vs everyone. Same gear etc.