Old 07-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #81
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
Tbf lakki wasn't even a caster back when prevents were blue so he is mostly guessing norm.
no dude, I had a blue prevent pouch for the first 1v1 season we had in nod. I didn't make it further than Qualifier though, i had maybe 5-6k HP , and would try to cheese dotters when i got a polearm of purity with my prevents. I was too weak and lost more than i won against them, but the rate i was drawing the prevents was fast with 100 deft recovery, and replace proc'ing you to pull two of them. So don't tell me I'm guessing.

being that weak and occasionally getting a +12 off a dotter because of that proves it. Now, imagine being brooke strong with resist gears, high hp, high stats, tiered gear , etc. knowledge of pvp, and ofc cleansing those dots from anti-dot weapons, or stunning them with the unmoving cudgel. At the time, it was a tossup between timmys or cuddlebugs. And yes, i had 100 replay and 100 deft recovery. I prioritized PvP over PvE like some people in the past have done, that was a mistake and slowed my growth as a toon.

anyways, off topic.

Last edited by Lakki; 07-09-2019 at 06:36 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 06:46 PM   #82
Rare Collector

Dude at best me fighting a Dotter with a full blue prevent pouch was always a 50/50 ordeal, unless they were heavy on reg was the only time i was favoured, check the numbers? the fact of the matter is the current counters im attempting to use vs dotters are having 0 to none effect. unless the dotter is half hp when it switches to 1vs1 i have 0 chance to actually win... even with me running the 4 aura's of supreme which is 1200 cure to dots. even using stalkers with 50% or so vamp.

yes i dont care enough to invest heavily into pvp, guess why not because im not interested in pvp, just because it doesn't interest me the same way it does every 1 else am i still not allowed to voice an opinion without being told, or reminded about what iv said previously?

If the fact brooke/kingzs/enduir. are also mistaken in the fact dots are op please feel free to explain why they are also mistaken?

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #83
Administrator

They may not be mistaken. DoT might be OP. However, the top PvP dotter in the game wiping the floor with you and your two random tank teammates is neither surprising, nor proof of DoT being OP.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:59 PM   #84
Rare Collector

So explain your logic? im running prevent pouch with 668 cnt 50%vamp stalker, and or fleshies also anti magic rune and not making a dent in him ? with all counter dot skills level'd? what them am i doing wrong in ur humble opinion? u think me using a quiver and auto shooting him instead of stunning him would effect me better? while he continues to land every dot regardless of if he is blind or not? i find it ironic how a pet is blinded, when i am, also a warrior cannot see his target nor a archer, but casters are not effected by blinds?

Last edited by Darklords; 07-09-2019 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: forgot rune

Old 07-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #85
Boss Hunter

To be honest I think as far as grey anti caster gems go, they are ok, pretty even,but like Kingz said in bonus it is crazy op to throw 2-3 gems and have a 4k tick or a 40k rupture, but tbh WW is same in bonus and Dl rex me in bonus.
so the issue is (even with low level toon) damage bonus I guess, and agi/cnt makes no difference in bonus.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #86
Administrator

The fact that you think "Admin, tell me how to beat the #1/2 PvPer in the game." is a legitimate request is troubling.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #87
Seer's BFF

The main issue is that in bonus nothing can compete vs dot. Even if I'm running 1.2k cnt bc arms/legs resist aura/ww resist etc... all it takes i a couple dots to get through and poof i'm dead. Changing prevents back to blue won't really change that either, it'll make it harder for dotters sure... but all they have to focus on is living until bonus and then I'm dead. I've been dot, Hell I've been one of the strongest dotters in game. I know the strongest dotter in game, he hasn't even been mentioned in this thread and he knows that dot is beyond broken in terms of DPS potential. I can't even get close to scratching him in a fight unless I get incredibly lucky with stuns.

Coupled with the fact that staff dot can so easily run an entire heal setup with armor pets runeset etc, then change the entire suit with a button press to a different gem pouch, rune set, armor set that gives massive dot damage increase with no penalty means there's little chance against a dotter whos setup to do so. They can just heal to the point of being able to 2-3 gem cast you.

Last edited by Tsutsu; 07-09-2019 at 07:17 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #88
Rare Collector

it isnt about u telling me how to do anything tbh its more about trying to get u how to understand the game mechanics more. it seems that every time u speak that you understand less and less how pvp is structured. you are losing players who are long time pvpers left and right with no hope to retain them, every change u make is so drastic in one direct u flip the table on its end. then when people come with actual claims, you shoot them down. the fact u changed prevents to gray was fair enough u then added kok staff, that made them even more nerfed... is perfect example of that. if u really think i want u to sit down and tell me how to beat paul then...............

These changes were a suggested by paul, u notice he aint here saying anything?

Old 07-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #89
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklords
it isnt about u telling me how to do anything tbh its more about trying to get u how to understand the game mechanics more. it seems that every time u speak that you understand less and less how pvp is structured. you are losing players who are long time pvpers left and right with no hope to retain them, every change u make is so drastic in one direct u flip the table on its end. then when people come with actual claims, you shoot them down. the fact u changed prevents to gray was fair enough u then added kok staff, that made them even more nerfed... is perfect example of that. if u really think i want u to sit down and tell me how to beat paul then...............

Because Paulo has ALWAYS and WILL ALWAYS be in the "buff me camp" notice how he still claims dot sucks in 3v3? even though I literally finished #2 last 3v3 with a dbdot/staff dot setup, with NO HEALER. and beat EVERY team with it. Well except my own other #3 team.

Last edited by Tsutsu; 07-09-2019 at 07:23 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #90
Administrator

The changes are so "drastic" that when I asked recently what build was overpowered or underpowered the only response was "crusher UP", then when that was clearly debunked everyone just kind of shut up.

Now we're hearing some complaints that DoT may be OP. I didn't shoot it down. I specifically said it might be, but that your evidence in particular was a pretty bad indicator of that. No need to be so sensitive and get personal.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #91
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklords
This is the referenced thread in case you missed it:
http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...t=21056&page=2

Not that it is relevant, but Paulo did participate there, you did not.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #92
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The changes are so "drastic" that when I asked recently what build was overpowered or underpowered the only response was "crusher UP", then when that was clearly debunked everyone just kind of shut up.

Now we're hearing some complaints that DoT may be OP. I didn't shoot it down. I specifically said it might be, but that your evidence in particular was a pretty bad indicator of that. No need to be so sensitive and get personal.
Realistically the ONLY issue with dot is how well it scales into damage bonus in arena. When you always deal X damage per gem per cast, it's going to far outshine any other form of damage when you start stacking on dmg% increases in arena bonus.

Sure other things scale into bonus well too... but they're all ranges of damage where you rarely hit towards the high end.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:46 AM   #93
Neophyte

try to look at it logical, in bonus everything scales its normal but when a dotter only have to land 3 gems orso to kill a build that is 100% counter dot....it is broken

we dont care if you fight with darklords and go back and forward....if you want to have a personal battle go to uncivil chat...

most of us want to resolve unbalanced issues and try to make overall pvp experience more fun

all i can advice is 2 try a full anti dot build...fight a random dotter and let him try to hit you in bonus....you will find out right away its quite insane....

Old 07-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #94
Seer's BFF

I said i had to get involved due to all the mentions I am getting. I am sure I will see tsu, blaze and a few more comment after to say "paul is always buff me bla bla bla"

Dot is very OP, absolutely. I Agree. So are many other builds when used well.

For all you complaining about dotters using 3 gems in bonus to kill you. Try get some dps maybe? damage scales for everyone. You cant be a regen tank and expect to kill an OP dot as one in arena. Regen tank is good when your team is alive. try change around some gears when 1v1.

I am able to 1v3 a lot of teams. Just as well, if i couldn't i would be forever losing 10+ rating. I have just under 40k hp. I use angelic, r15 stone pot, t2 timmys. I have a lot of mit %. I have high tiers so a lot of dot damage % too. I can also switch to heal suit which has saved me countless times. I have full epic/lg pouches. I think my stats are fairly good.

I am sure Brooke can 1v3 way stronger teams than I can. Prob norm too, maybe tsu and a few more also. Norm will even tell you how to beat a dot fairly easily. Right norm?

I changed my build to dot 2+ months ago. I am 100% focused on arena when i log in to play. I do not farm. How many of these anon guys i solo 1v3 do the same?

Old 07-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #95
Gem Pouch Expert

yes dmg bonus does scale for everyone paul, the problem is. everyone except dot has a range of dmg they can hit....well more often then not. most build hit on the lower side...where as dot is a pure increase in dps no range at all. its simply does the exact same dmg every cast...so increasing dot in bonus is alot more powerful then a chance rng hit
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #96
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons
yes dmg bonus does scale for everyone paul, the problem is. everyone except dot has a range of dmg they can hit....well more often then not. most build hit on the lower side...where as dot is a pure increase in dps no range at all. its simply does the exact same dmg every cast...so increasing dot in bonus is alot more powerful then a chance rng hit
Don't even bother dude doesn't understand simple math. Nor would he ever say anything to get his only chance of doing well in arena taken away from him.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #97
Seer's BFF

There we go, Tsu with the very helpful comments as usual! Im amazed this game is still going with the amount of knobs that play. You will all drive people away, and in the end you will miss the people who make this game competitive. Stop being needless dicks, disagree with me? fair enough, put forward your argument and lets see where that gets us.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #98
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn
There we go, Tsu with the very helpful comments as usual! Im amazed this game is still going with the amount of knobs that play. You will all drive people away, and in the end you will miss the people who make this game competitive. Stop being needless dicks, disagree with me? fair enough, put forward your argument and lets see where that gets us.
We did, you completely ignored it and went off on a useless tangent.

Your "try some dps" line is complete BS and just shows how little you actually understand about the game. The only class that can have both survive ability and ridiculous dps is the one you're trying so steadfast to defend. Melee's only way to counter dots is to hope that RNG is on our side for our hits in bonus, dot doesn't have to rely on RNG for their damage. It's X damage per cast. All other builds are X-Y and you normally hit closer to X than the Y of that.

We can't just swap to some "dps" setup and magically start winning, the instant we drop our tankyness we'll die. Not to mention, the DPS options available to our builds aren't even that large of an increase in our damage.

Dot can regen just as well, or run heals to survive till the point they just need to throw a couple dots and win. There's no detriment to them doing so either.

Last edited by Tsutsu; 07-11-2019 at 10:26 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #99
Seer's BFF

Good now we are getting somewhere.

I have one very big problem when people talk about nerfing dots.

At the moment for a top top toon, it is not that hard to beat a dot 1v1. It is easy to shut them down to an extent. For example, melee/archer can put on a shield for a split second and fully cleanse dot damage. They can use badgers and 2h to get a fairly op gravebound/degen on the dot, limiting heals and regen, contrary to what people believe you can still use prevents do unto etc, you can put on cuddlebugs and have a shatter every 30 seconds, maybe take out anti stun and equip the miti crusher. All of this combined (and a lot more tactics can be used too) with a resist aura and high cnt i am fairly certain you will kill most dots.

For your average toon or for a lot of op ish toons with good tiers a decent dot may still beat them. Absolutely, so in a way this makes dot op.

But when we talk solely about the top 5-10 toons I would not favor the dot.

To decide who/what needs a little help or a little nerf you have to take the top top toons into account and what they can do to decide who and what is actually op or not.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #100
Boss Hunter

Glitchless pay no mind to the anti Dotter/caster haters. If its not one thing its another.
I'm all about adding new content like anti gems or gear to counter something . But continued nerfing is demoralizing.