Old 10-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #41
archereye

how about we get travel gear, tradeskills tools and gems as drops?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #42
Hoblit

Had a thought about a skill.

Beastmastery skill, suspect it would need to be level 40+ or 60+

Guarding - If you have a whip equipped on the same side as the pet, the pet receives a 0.05% chance of intercepting (read block/parry) a melee attack.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #43
Alkaline

Shield Handling

A skill for archers/rangers that reduces the speed penalties of using a shield with a bow by X percent.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #44
AsylumDreams

Punch Drunk - Every point increases the power of unarmed combat by 1%, effectively doubling it at level 100. Alcoholics recieve bonus exp in this, or receive 2% instead of 1.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #45
AsylumDreams

Shielding Servant - Beastmastery. Pet takes damage instead, up to an increasing % of their ability. % chance of the pet being lost.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #46
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiryne
we had Rogues, why no stealing?

Kleptomaniac's Thievery
- or -
Stealing Precaution:
(please tell if I spelled incorrect)
Get x.xx% (based on skill point) chance to steal single item at Stores. You may only mug the items that you can use or equip, so it's impossible to pick darken items.
How if failed? Pathetic died & lost rested time as the punishment.
You may only use this skill again after 1 hour (or perhaps 2 hours) delay.
I'd rather have an increase in Item drop from combat. Higher the level the better the item and the more frequently they drop. (stacks with Plunderfiend)

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #47
Nosebatter

A learning skill that works only when fighting in a group (not just when being part of a group). In PvP it reduces the penalties of having a lower level than the opponent to a certain degree and to make it not a complete waste for PvE it (for example) improves the effect of a rush of knowledge (only stat skills benefit from those enhanced rushes).

Time for some level 60 skills...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #48
Necrox

Default Time for some level 60 skills...

Level 60 skills

Learning
History
Each point in this skill allows you to pick up item & trophy drops for creatures at -1 level than you per point starting at skill 5 in History. Grey creatures will have a 50% less chance of a trophy/item drop than other creatures.

Weaponry

Single Weapon Spec
If using a one-handed weapon with no shield, this skill increases the maximum damage done with a single handed weapon by .5% per point up to 50% at skill 100. Also, this skill allows you to use two-handed skills, but only up to the level you have in Single Weapon Spec

Bare Handed Spec
If not using a shield or weapon, this skill will increase the amount of damage done, and attack speed by bare handed attacks by .5% per point and allows you to use all two-handed and crushing skills up to the level you have in Bare Handed Spec.

Archer
Shield Placement
Each point in this skill reduces the penalty of having a bow and shield by 1% to a maximum of no penalty at skill 100.

Protection
Defensive Guard
If you using a two-handed weapon, this skill adds one point to your armor class per point in this skill. Also, you can use blocking skills learnt, but only up to the level you have in defensive guard.

Life Magic
Light Bending
Every point in this skill allows you to use gems in any color except grey and black up to the level in this skill (and allows the use of all class specific gems even if black or red). The success and mana reduction is still based on the normal skills – this just allows you to use higher ranked gems without studying multiple skills.

Psych Magic
Disorient
When using a staff, and casting a blue or grey direct damage spell, this gives a .1% chance of stunning your target for .5% of the damage in seconds, rounded down. (200 points of damage also has a 10% chance of stunning the target for 1 second at level 100).

Death Magic
Warrior Mage
This skill allows you to use non-staff skills as if you had a staff equipped up to the level you have in Warrior Mage.

Beast Mastery
Pet Mastery
This skill allows you to use the pet skills (not whip extra damage skills) as if you had a whip equipped up to the level you have in Pet Mastery.

Crafting
Master Craftsmanship
This skill allows you to get a third Crafting skill above level 10 but only as high as your Master Craftsmanship skill.

Artistry
Master Workmanship - This skill allows you to get a third Artistry skill above level 10 but only as high as your Master Workmanship skill.

Resourcefulness
Collection Mastery - This skill allows you to get a third Resourcefulness skill above level 10 but only as high as your Collection Mastery skill.

Adventuring
Trophy Hunting
Each point in this skill increases the number of trophies that may be dropped by non-greys by .5% to a maximum of 50% of the maximum number. The chance of the trophy drop stays the same.

Social
Transport Carriage
Allows you to move items that you have in storage to your current location by one square per level in this skill – this costs 10 gold per square moved.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #49
Nosebatter

A skill that further increases your hitpoint recovery during combat by a certain percentage would make recovery a little more worthwhile for PvP (level 40, adds like .2% of your out of combat recovery rate per skill level).

Old 12-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #50
Seer's BFF

New or existant skill providing additional Draw Slots.
These slots would possibly be provided at skill levels 10 and 50.
The skill would do something else besides that.

They would simply represent a buffer, that allows you to accumulate a couple more gems before you decide to put them in play.

No additional changes in draw mechanics.
-------

My concern is mainly due to the fact that with well developed Draw Haste skills, Replay and Cantrips, most of those benefits can easily be lost in the middle of all those draw effects.

What happens when you use a blue cantrip and have a high Replay skill? Draw twice?

With additional slots, it allows better tweaking of all those draw mechanics, imo.

Like a buffer for high draw situations, and people can empty those slots in the low draw situations.

Last edited by Nurvus; 12-11-2008 at 02:50 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #51
AsylumDreams

a skiill to make double handed weapons require only 1?
reqs dual wield and a spec in the type of weapon? or high strength?

should have skills with stat requirements

Old 12-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #52
Rare Collector

How about stealing off players??? exception wound be stealing time cards or soulbounds. You could steal anything else but if you are caught you have a certain % chance of dying and a smaller % chance of turning pk.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #53
questtut

I would like to reccomend a way for Jeff to get players to interact with each other more, and make it kinda fair to Jeff as well.....

My idea is to make it possible for players to sell Roll-over rested time, (not rested time) because I know there are some of us that can only play a couple days a week, but still pay for the game, and others that pay, and play a TON. I would be able to sell more than 2 hours a day, and still have enough RT for myself, I am sure ppl would buy it and I would be happy to have the additional gold and items.

I am happy to hear others ideas on this idea.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #54
lucious

i have an idea for maybe adding a couple more strange skills....
1. most common would be a fire building skill.... i know lame
but then you have to use your fire building skills with your woodcutting resources to build a good enough fire to melt lets say ingots.
or maybe after a fight you collect ingots that you can melt with your fire building skills to earn gold pieces.
so you will use fire skill, woodcutting skill, and the luck of finding ingots or such to melt into gold.
the amount of gold you get will depend on all of these stats plus maybe even the size of the ingots the heavier the more u will make

Boating skills
Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #55
Pantheron

Default Boating skills

see this thread for ideas around deep sea boats:

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/id...ly-groups.html

Skills:
1)Navigating: to increase chance to find islands
2)Map drawing: to be able to draw map to find islands (map sellable in market - one map per square for instance)

3)Ship directing: for group minigame: for the pilot
4)Rowing/Sail management (can be 2 different skills for different types of boat - for windy parts of the map or non-windy parts of the map...)
5) watch: in the 3-person boat, the person directing the ship would not see much or not very far, and would rely on messages from the "watcher"

The 3 skills above would have to be specialized separately by the different members of the group, leading to such in game messages as "looking for level 20 pilot to go to Ember Island"

6) Fishing with a fishing net (to catch several fish at once, in deep sea)

Lvl 40/60 skill ideas
Old 01-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #56
Hidden

Default Lvl 40/60 skill ideas

Over the past few months there have been a few skills i have always seen that could be implemented that would be useful for everyone, the following is the list of what i have come up with.

At the end i will list the reasoning behind each skill

Level 60 Learning
(insert name here)

Every point in this skill increases all experience gains in Learing skills by 2.5%(or 3%)
(just like Advanced Learning and Cultivation)

Level 60 BeastMastery
Concentration

Every point in this skill reduces the chance of being parried my a monster by 0.5%. At a skill of 100, your pet(s) will be parried only 1/2 as often.

Level 40(or 60) Adventuring
(insert name here)

Every point in this skill increases the amount you can carry without becoming encumbered by 3 rock.

Level 60 Protection
Constitution

Every point in this skill reduces the amount of time you are affected by Stun,Daze, and Mesmerize spells by 0.5%. At a skill of 100 you will be under the influence of Stun, Daze and Mesmerize for only half the time. (does not influence resists, only time you are affected by these spells)

Level 60 Stats Skills
Enhanced Strength

Every point in this skill increases your Strength by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more strength.

Enhanced Dexterity
Every point in this skill increases your Dexterityby 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Dexterity.

Enhanced Physical Stamina
Every point in this skill increases your Physical Stamina by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Physical Stamina.

Enhanced Intelligence
Every point in this skill increases your Physical Stamina by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Intelligence.

Enhanced Concentration
Every point in this skill increases your Physical Stamina by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Concentration.

Enhanced Mental Stamina
Every point in this skill increases your Mental Stamina by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Mental Stamina.

Enhanced Agility
Every point in this skill increases your Agility by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Agility.

Enhanced Contravention
Every point in this skill increases your Contravention by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Contravention.

Enhanced Durability
Every point in this skill increases your Durability by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Durability.

Enhanced Physical Resilience
Every point in this skill increases your Physical Resilience by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Physical Resilience.

Enhanced Mental Resilience
Every point in this skill increases your Mental Resilience by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Mental Resilience.

Enhanced Regeneration
Every point in this skill increases your Regeneration by 0.25%. At a skill of 100 you will have 25% more Regeneration.

Awareness
Every point in this skill increases all Stats by 0.10%. This skill can only be raised as high as the lowest "Enhanced" stat skill. (works like collection skill does for resource skills) (eg. you have 40 in all enhanced stat skills, but only 15 in enhanced regeneration, you can only raise this skill to 15 until you raise regeneration more.)

Reasoning behind the ideas

Level 60 Learning skill
- at every skill interval (0, 20 and 40) we received a new learing skill that helped keep up with the growing amount of exp needed to gain these levels. a skill at 60 is almost required to achieve the higher values in learing skills (59+)

Level 60 Beast mastery skill
Beast mastery needs a significant boost from all that i have seen and tested for myself - this would not fix everything, but parries are a large problem for pets - with 3 chars using damage pets i see anywhere from 10-15 parries on my pets per fight, reducing these parries will dramatically increase the damage output possible from using damage pets, and make them a viable option compared to healing pets.

Level 60 protection skill
the ability to reduce the time you are affected by daze/mez and stun would be a welcome skill to all players, and is almost required to lower the dramatic need to be a stun/crushing spec for pvp.

Level 60 stat skills
After being stuck at 60 for months before the cap was raised, I had always wished there were other stat skills i could raise instead of getting 20% of normal exp trying to go from 67-68 on class enhancement. The percentage gained from these skills could be tuned to your liking Jeff, but something needs to be added to the stats skills for us that are capped.

If the next cap isnt going to be raised for months(which i believe i read you post) something needs to be added so we who are capped arent blowing all our time going from 78-79 on a single skill getting 10% of normal exp.

All of these skills will be equally useful to all charactes of all classes and not cause any imbalances(that i can think of) - except for the beast mastery skill - which something needs to be done to bring it in line as a viable option.

Last edited by Hidden; 02-06-2009 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #57
Neo

skill IMPACT : every point in this skill gives *some percantage* to randomly cast a gem from your pouch when you crit with staff or something like that

skill STAFFHEAL : every point in this skill gives *some percantage* to randomly cast a heal from your pouch

new staffs that cast heal and some epics should be enough to get ppl over to casters,casting class is popular if its good,using autoattack to kill mobs is old,ppl tend to chosse casters couse there are so many games using normal weapons and casters tend you to do something not just autoattack hence more pll will come and play and not get bored

a few of my ideas

Old 02-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #58
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

merged your points to making quoting easier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden
Level 60 Learning
(insert name here)

Every point in this skill increases all experience gains in Learing skills by 2.5%(or 3%)
(just like Advanced Learning and Cultivation)

Level 60 Learning skill
- at every skill interval (0, 20 and 40) we received a new learing skill that helped keep up with the growing amount of exp needed to gain these levels. a skill at 60 is almost required to achieve the higher values in learing skills (59+)
It's a *nice-to-have* but not a *must-have*. With advanced learning, cultivation & passive advancement maxed I believe that the xp gains in learning skills is fast enough to cover the cap raise. Of course this will mean that players while leveling up need to set priorities: do they want immediate or long term benefits. I find the learning skills concept among the most balanced things in the game.

Quote:
Level 60 BeastMastery
Concentration

Every point in this skill reduces the chance of being parried my a monster by 0.5%. At a skill of 100, your pet(s) will be parried only 1/2 as often.

Level 60 Beast mastery skill
Beast mastery needs a significant boost from all that i have seen and tested for myself - this would not fix everything, but parries are a large problem for pets - with 3 chars using damage pets i see anywhere from 10-15 parries on my pets per fight, reducing these parries will dramatically increase the damage output possible from using damage pets, and make them a viable option compared to healing pets.
Agreed. Parries and beastmastery in general can use some tweaks. I have a melee char with all beastmastery skills up at or above his level, and no way that whips/epic attacking pets can compare with dual wielding. Mainly because the combination of not using healing pets/slower damage dealing will result in longer fights and you taking way more damage. Maybe that is due to the lack of epic whips (since lvl 36 none have been found so far). On the other side (the reason why I leveled bm skills up), beastmasters are awesome tanks in group fights (especially in combination with a bow).

Quote:
Level 60 Protection
Constitution

Every point in this skill reduces the amount of time you are affected by Stun,Daze, and Mesmerize spells by 0.5%. At a skill of 100 you will be under the influence of Stun, Daze and Mesmerize for only half the time. (does not influence resists, only time you are affected by these spells)

Level 60 protection skill
the ability to reduce the time you are affected by daze/mez and stun would be a welcome skill to all players, and is almost required to lower the dramatic need to be a stun/crushing spec for pvp.
I don't see the need to reduce the stun/daze/mes time for pve. And for pvp it's taking away/reducing a strategy for certain builds. My suggestion is to make a skill that will reduce the epic effects of your opponent his/her epic stuff (armor/weapons). That way it will work for everyone and it does not target a special build/class.

Quote:
Awareness
Every point in this skill increases all Stats by 0.10%. This skill can only be raised as high as the lowest "Enhanced" stat skill. (works like collection skill does for resource skills) (eg. you have 40 in all enhanced stat skills, but only 15 in enhanced regeneration, you can only raise this skill to 15 until you raise regeneration more.)

Level 60 stat skills
After being stuck at 60 for months before the cap was raised, I had always wished there were other stat skills i could raise instead of getting 20% of normal exp trying to go from 67-68 on class enhancement. The percentage gained from these skills could be tuned to your liking Jeff, but something needs to be added to the stats skills for us that are capped.

If the next cap isnt going to be raised for months(which i believe i read you post) something needs to be added so we who are capped arent blowing all our time going from 78-79 on a single skill getting 10% of normal exp.
Totally agreed. We should be able to level 1, 2 or 3 (2 or 3 only when we level up a general collection skill to the same level) beyond our player level without being punished so hard xp wise. This is key for me to specialize. I've said it before, what we will get now is 100 persons having exactly the same maxed builds, especially because we can untrain skills). So everyone will end up with def/melee at 100 in the end, using generally the same armor and weapons. A feature so we can train 1-2-3 skills above our level will cover that problem tmho (can be as well an enchanting, resourcing skill or melee skill).

Alternative Stats Skills
Old 02-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #59
Hidden

Default Alternative Stats Skills

A few alternative skills under stats, if the above are not what you are looking for.

Level 60 Stats Skills

Learning Enhancement

Each point in this skill converts 0.5% of stat experience earned in a fight into Learning experience for your active skill.
(eg: at level 10 learning enhancement, you will receive 95% your usual stat experience into this skill, while 5% of what is earned goes into the active learning skill)

at level 100 this skill will allow you to gain 50% of your usual battle experience as Learning experience (Only works while this is the Active skill under Stats)

**Experience penalties would be calculated based on each skill seperatly (eg at character level 70 and a skill of 71 of Learning Enhancement, you would gain 35.5% of normal experience into the active learning skill, and 64.5*0.8(the exp penalty of leveling 2 skill levels above character level) = 51.6% of normal experience into this skill)

Crafting Enhancement
Same as Learning Enhancement but works for Skills under the Crafting tab.

Resourcefulness Enhancement
Same as above but for Resourcefullness skills

Artistry Enchancement
Again same as above but for Artistry Skills.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #60
Seer's BFF

Counter Attack - When you block or avoid a melee attack, there is a 1% chance per point in this skill you will counterattack with both hands.
Note 1: Avoid referes to a "Miss".

Reversal - When you parry a melee attack there is a 1% chance per point in this skill you will counterattack with both hands.