Tradeskills Guide
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Tradeskills Guide

For the incredibly impatient:

Buy tools, right click the tool and click use tool. You'll get information about what to do next or what you are already doing wrong and you can take it from there.

For those who want a little more information:

There are two basic types of tradeskills, the ones used for resource gathering (Resourcefulness skills) and the ones used to actually create items (Artistry and Craftsmanship).

Resourcefulness skills are pretty straightforward, but you must have adventure time to use them. You use a tool (fishing pole, mining hammer, etc) after combat to gather resources. Make sure you have a tool in your inventory, after a fight you can right click the tool to use it or the preferred method is to use the hotbar that will show up at the bottom of your screen after exiting looting. This will only show up if you have tools in your inventory. Simply click the tool and play the little game required to obtain the resource.

Actually crafting items is a more complicated procedure and will not be enjoyable for everyone. It takes a special kind of person to want to put complex objects together but if you are that type of person then crafting is for you. Certain tools use the resources gathered above to make other more refined resources. These range from simple tools that you use to scale fish or skin animals to slightly more complicated tools that require you use the tool and place a few items in the tool slots to combine them into something new.

The most complicated items are also created by tools, however, they require a consumable recipe. Consumable recipes are created using the Quill Pen tool to make a copy of a Master Recipe. Master recipes are obtained by dismantling items. When you dismantle an item you will also get a fair amount of resin depending on the value of the item. When dismantling the rarest items in the game you can get epic dusts that are necessary for the creation of rare and epic recipe copies.

This does not give you the specific knowledge you need to create items, it only points you in the right direction. As the game economy builds (this will be hard to witness in the beta with such a low population and less drive to build up crafting skill which is time consuming and difficult) it should be very profitable to at least pick 1 resourcefulness skill and use it occasionally after combat if your zone permits. Selling resources on the auction house may very well be the best way for early players to gain some modest wealth.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Administrator

You may wish to purposefully let the few types of resources that decay (most don't, if they do decay they'll say) to decay to see what they turn into, it might be useful.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Administrator

Another thing to note: Your Adventure Time is consumed when you are gathering resources, however, you should be recovering from combat wounds when you are doing it anyways. If you don't end up wounded after combat you should be fighting harder creatures so that you are not wasting Adventure Time with full health while resourcing.

Crafting finished products (not turning resources into other resources) requires mana and energy and thus you'll expend Adventure Time as you are recovering from the mana and energy cost. You will have to make hard decisions about when to craft to best utilize your time if you wish to be a serious crafter.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i got a question about craftable items does all of them requirea recipe of some kind or can some of them be made wihtout thinking mostly about the lower lvl ones

Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Decker

do you mean like skipping the lower level ones and just creating high lvl items? if so by the looks of it you'll only beable to make lower end items till your skills are high enough to gather and create the higher end items.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

ohh thts gutting woulda saved a plod if u could skip low lvls

Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

actually the question was whether or not lvl 1 and lower requiring items required recipes to make or if its only higher ones

Old 06-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
Seer's BFF

i have gathered a few bit and put them on the link in my signature

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #9
Auction Master

nice site will take a closer look at it later

Old 06-15-2008, 04:31 AM   #10
Seer's BFF

i know it is a bit of a mess but when i have time i will make it look a bit better. more recipes added. plus other stuff.
any info greatly appreciated.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

lol like the freewbs 1 i have but for a differnt purpose nice i liek it should link them together flashus so u can get more hits and what not

Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
Seer's BFF

created mongoose leather today

Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #13
Seer's BFF

good work i linked your crafting site to my boss screen shot page :P

Old 07-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #14
Seer's BFF

i don't think much more will be added to my crafting site before the wipe at the weekend. i have released all my items to auction and sold resources in T2.

it has been fun gathering the Info. got up to tier 5 in a lot of them.

I will probably be a crafter or trapper in release. so happy gathering.

Any info not there remember to Post it

Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
questtut

I want to know why we are only alowed to train 1 resorcefullness skill over lvl 10. Or is this just till we reach a cirtin char lvl? I want to be more versital in trade skills and cannot without training my resorcefulness higher on more than 1 skill.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #16
richp

I think it prevents one person from cornering the market on tradeskills and being the one person to do everything. It also promotes interaction between players so you actually have to talk to someone to get what you need.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
sjewitt

this will sound like a dumb question but i've dismantaled some items and i have a pen so once i collect all the cloth the dye and the sinew it says on the recipe will i then be able to create the item i dismantlaed?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
richp

Once you have the master receipe you use the quill pen to make a consumable copy. The consumable copy list a lot of difference resources that you will need to collect just to re-make the item. Typically the cost of buying all the resources are close to if not more then the cost to actually buy the item in the store. (reason why most people don't waste their time with tradeskills) if you can collect all the resources yourself w/out buying any of them then you can maybe make a profit from selling the item in the AH.

The master copy is permanent and consumable copy is used up once you re-create the item. The only way to get rid of a master copy is to sell in the AH or destroy it.

Also depending on what type of item you dismantled you will also need the skill related (i.e. armor crafting, weapon crafting, etc..) up to the level of the item you are creating. Each type of item requires a different method of manufacturing. Most armor can be made in the forge at any armor shop, but some items you will need another item that can only be found in another shop like a whittling set and fletchers handbook.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #19
sjewitt

thanks for clearing that up well im only lvl 9 so i thnk i'll stop nowq in my tracks as that seems to much work.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #20
questtut

question on Gemworking....

I read the desc. says making gems from rare geods.... I have tons of geods, just got a grindstone recently to make the gems, but the ingredients for a gem are like all others, and no geods are required. I have made hundreds of geods and saved them up, and now I find out that they are useless for what I wanted to do, why is it worded that way if geods are not used to make the gems??????

I dont understand how cloth, dye, and seinu are able to make a gem.....