Ingots?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #21
lojax

Default Ingots?

After you turn ore into ingots what can you do with them?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
tyrantmaster

i have a question! does jeff eat steamy ****? or does he suck some old nasty salty balls??? PM me in nodiatis to answer question.......
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction

Old 01-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
Gem Pouch Expert

Seriously,this guy was fun for like 0.2 seconds but now? ...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Elendassor

hmmmm.. on all of this information, i am beginning to seriously reconsider my foray into crafting.

I was hoping to gather most ingredients, and make things myself to sell on at a profit, but
1- its time consuming, especially gardening.
2- it takes up so much room to collect necessary items
3- if u are only able to sell the ingredients, the auctionhouse is packed (maybe should be subcatagorised in the trade resources section? e.g. silks, woods etc) and you won't really make enough money for it to be worthwhile.

I like the idea of crafting etc, makes the game quite good in that respect, but its a fair nuisance to do. Have only just managed to make some mongoose leather, after figuring i needed to make oils from fish and vegetables too. And then i still need to figure out a recipee i can use it in, to make an item of use.. lol.
Actually, anyone know where i can find a master recipees list so i don't need to dismantle loads to find out? XD

Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #25
richp

there is no such list except for someone's own personal list. You have to dismantle and item to get a master recipe. I'll tell you from personal experience rare and epic items are the only items you can possibly make profit off of.

Sometimes its better to just sell the resources individually then craft them into something. If you just want to do it for fun then have at it.

I would start with something easy like armor or helms. they only require the forge to craft. other items require special tools that can be expensive or hard find.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #26
Drugar

could always use them to boost your enchanting... hehe

Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
richp

i would recommend thread and silks for boosting ur enchanting.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 AM   #28
Bred

What are spider silks used for?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #29
Bred

i found my answer. good noob guides.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #30
Ramah

There needs to be a guide for enchanting silks and threads. Finding out which silk goes with which is tedious and it's easy to get lost. For all i know, the only profitable thing for silks are enchanting stones that switch pet stats. I'm guessing the only profit you could get from this is buffing up your pet's (lets say) STR and sell it at the auction house, making this basically a paid account only skill. I wouldn't advise buffing it and keeping it because sooner or later a better pet will be available to you.

From personal experience: I said "Forget it!" and put Enchanting on Passive advancement.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #31
richp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramah
There needs to be a guide for enchanting silks and threads. Finding out which silk goes with which is tedious and it's easy to get lost. For all i know, the only profitable thing for silks are enchanting stones that switch pet stats. I'm guessing the only profit you could get from this is buffing up your pet's (lets say) STR and sell it at the auction house, making this basically a paid account only skill. I wouldn't advise buffing it and keeping it because sooner or later a better pet will be available to you.

From personal experience: I said "Forget it!" and put Enchanting on Passive advancement.
not sure what you mean by "which silk goes with which"

silks and threads have already been figured out.

There are only 6 possible stones that can be created with silks/threads

+silk -thread
1) +INT - CNT
2) +PST - CNT
3) -CNT + MRE
+thread - silk
4) -INT + CNT
5) -PST + CNT
6) +CNT - MRE

threads can also be combined with dyes in a loom to create cloth which is a very valuable item for crafters. Every master recipe requires a cloth of some tier to be able to make the consumable copy.

Last edited by richp; 07-01-2009 at 08:32 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #32
Ramah

i meant a guide that showed all the different kinds of silk and what level is required to make them (i.e. Hammock Spider Silk+Banana Spider Silk at Enchanting level 5(or whatever)) but i thank you for making it clear what stones can be created with those resources.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #33
richp

Tier Lvl

1 0 House Cloth
2 3 Grass Cloth
3 6 Garden Cloth
4 10 Hammock Cloth
5 13 Banana Cloth
6 17 Cave Cloth
7 20 Huntsman Cloth
8 24 Crab Cloth
9 27 Netcasting Cloth
10 30 Jumping Cloth
11 34 Bolas Cloth
12 37 Imperial Cloth
13 41 Funnelweb Cloth
14 44 Camel Cloth
15 48 Lynx Cloth
16 51 Crucifix Cloth
17 55 Tent Cloth
18 58 Golden Cloth
19 61 Orbweaver Cloth
20 65 Spike Cloth
21 68 Trapdoor Cloth
22 72 Thunder Cloth
23 75 Desert Recluse Cloth
24 79 Blood Cloth
25 82 Black Widow Cloth
26 86 Emerald Cloth
27 89 Jewel Cloth
28 92 Crystal Cloth
29 96 Tangleweb Cloth
30 99 Hellborne Cloth

Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #34
Boss Hunter

cool (23)

Old 11-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #35
shadydingo

GEMWORKING

hows it work? what item do I use? Where is it? Thanks!

hi about potion makers i need help !!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #36
Boss Hunter

Default hi about potion makers i need help !!!

hi about potion makers i need help
1. if i make potion armor rank 3 its became oul bone , why is it happend ? potion sb ?
2. potion armor rank 4 in deascription its said lvl 5 and when i try to craft it its telling me i need lvl 15 to make it

Last edited by loxemet; 11-07-2013 at 03:41 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
Seer's BFF

If its become SB, then you are probably making it in travel mode, or with accel on - I cant remember which, but one of them gives SB items from recipes.

However, if you are crafting from a consumable, the game does warn you that the item will be SB, so it is your choice to continue crafting the item (whether it is a potion or a Zombie claw)

Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
Syn
Boss Hunter

okay, sorry, but from a newb perspective, I'm about as confused and frustrated with this game enough to want a refund on the hours spent trying to muddle my way through the learning curve and wash my hands of the whole thing. it's not intuitive or user friendly. it's awkward and frustrating.

I'm posting this here since my main gripe is about the crafting. I saw the "RPG Test" sigs and tags on another gaming forum and took the test. scored as a "craftsman" okay, fair enough, then realized there was a corresponding game, so nice gimmick. worked like a charm getting me here.

made my first character, but after having spent about a month on WoW a couple years ago before tiring of the repetitious boredom and grinding of that game, I thought I had a basic sense of what crafting might require and the work involved, so rather than making my first char a craftsman, I decided for more of an adventurer type to get my feet wet.

made an Angel class for the novelty, but rerolled after realizing they lacked in the basic offense of the initial melee requirements of the starting area and couldn't even heal myself (sigh). opted for Archer on the reroll paying closer attention to starting skill bonuses and seeing they were much better on the offense of both magic and melee (weapon) skills (+20% to both).

worked out much better, plus thought I might start getting my feet wet around some basic crafting as a "hunter" type. so grinding my way through the starting area quests around the abandoned dock area to the east of castille realized the repetition involved.

I was pretty happy with my Archer though when he soloed the boss in that area netting a fishing pole. cool, first tool. did some fishing, caught some fish. remembered the Scaling Knife for sale in the General Store. bought it and scaled my fish netting me ... scales. hrm, okay, now what?

put that aside and went back for more quests, this time sending me west to the second stage area. okay, cool. hey, even better, I can hunt here with my bow. got a few Mongoose. well, what exactly am I supposed to do with these? skin them? tan the hides? make leather and maybe some basic armor?

sounds straightforward, except on my return to castille, I found a tanning rack to stretch hides, and infinite supply of scaling knives, but not a single skinning knife anywhere. okay, so now what? time to look for some help so I come here and find ... I have to BUY the item I want to CRAFT before I can craft it? break it to get a "recipe" that I have to COPY to use for which I need another tool?

sorry, but that's just retarded. not only that, but I tried to anticipate the next "fetch" quest and had the next items in my inventory when I went back and turned in the first quest, but the quest-giver (Seer) didn't recognize I already had them in my inventory and still seemed to expect me to go fetch more. sorry, all the extra grinding is a waste of my time.

in the future, try to make the quest-givers recognize when you've already met the requirements. I didn't even make it past level three before getting confused and frustrated enough trying to muddle through this mess and figure out which hoops I'm supposed to jump through to do what that I'm ready to completely retire this account.

I just thought it might be worthwhile to go ahead and give you guys some feedback from a casual gamer. only the most hardcore diehard gamers are going to have the patience to devote to this endeavor. playing should be fun. not a chore so put the basics in the the basic areas where they're needed and let the players like me have fun trying to experiment and do a few random tasks.

like I said, all I wanted or needed was a basic skinning knife in the starter area to get some basic leather hides out of. the spider silk and spindle were straightforward enough, but the rest just leaves you scratching your head. I should be able to skin my kills, stretch the hides, tan them and with those and some basic simple thread piece together a basic starter Tier 1 leather suit of armor like what I bought at the armor shop, WITHOUT having to buy what I'm trying to make first. if I have to buy it first, then what exactly is the point of Crafting?

I can only imagine the hoops my Archer will have to jump through for Fletching. oh, wait. don't tell me. I have to go buy the bow I want to craft first? *facepalm* (epic fail guys).

Old 08-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #39
>.>
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn
okay, sorry, but from a newb perspective, I'm about as confused and frustrated with this game enough to want a refund on the hours spent trying to muddle my way through the learning curve and wash my hands of the whole thing. it's not intuitive or user friendly. it's awkward and frustrating.

I'm posting this here since my main gripe is about the crafting. I saw the "RPG Test" sigs and tags on another gaming forum and took the test. scored as a "craftsman" okay, fair enough, then realized there was a corresponding game, so nice gimmick. worked like a charm getting me here.

made my first character, but after having spent about a month on WoW a couple years ago before tiring of the repetitious boredom and grinding of that game, I thought I had a basic sense of what crafting might require and the work involved, so rather than making my first char a craftsman, I decided for more of an adventurer type to get my feet wet.

made an Angel class for the novelty, but rerolled after realizing they lacked in the basic offense of the initial melee requirements of the starting area and couldn't even heal myself (sigh). opted for Archer on the reroll paying closer attention to starting skill bonuses and seeing they were much better on the offense of both magic and melee (weapon) skills (+20% to both).

worked out much better, plus thought I might start getting my feet wet around some basic crafting as a "hunter" type. so grinding my way through the starting area quests around the abandoned dock area to the east of castille realized the repetition involved.

I was pretty happy with my Archer though when he soloed the boss in that area netting a fishing pole. cool, first tool. did some fishing, caught some fish. remembered the Scaling Knife for sale in the General Store. bought it and scaled my fish netting me ... scales. hrm, okay, now what?

put that aside and went back for more quests, this time sending me west to the second stage area. okay, cool. hey, even better, I can hunt here with my bow. got a few Mongoose. well, what exactly am I supposed to do with these? skin them? tan the hides? make leather and maybe some basic armor?

sounds straightforward, except on my return to castille, I found a tanning rack to stretch hides, and infinite supply of scaling knives, but not a single skinning knife anywhere. okay, so now what? time to look for some help so I come here and find ... I have to BUY the item I want to CRAFT before I can craft it? break it to get a "recipe" that I have to COPY to use for which I need another tool?

sorry, but that's just retarded. not only that, but I tried to anticipate the next "fetch" quest and had the next items in my inventory when I went back and turned in the first quest, but the quest-giver (Seer) didn't recognize I already had them in my inventory and still seemed to expect me to go fetch more. sorry, all the extra grinding is a waste of my time.

in the future, try to make the quest-givers recognize when you've already met the requirements. I didn't even make it past level three before getting confused and frustrated enough trying to muddle through this mess and figure out which hoops I'm supposed to jump through to do what that I'm ready to completely retire this account.

I just thought it might be worthwhile to go ahead and give you guys some feedback from a casual gamer. only the most hardcore diehard gamers are going to have the patience to devote to this endeavor. playing should be fun. not a chore so put the basics in the the basic areas where they're needed and let the players like me have fun trying to experiment and do a few random tasks.

like I said, all I wanted or needed was a basic skinning knife in the starter area to get some basic leather hides out of. the spider silk and spindle were straightforward enough, but the rest just leaves you scratching your head. I should be able to skin my kills, stretch the hides, tan them and with those and some basic simple thread piece together a basic starter Tier 1 leather suit of armor like what I bought at the armor shop, WITHOUT having to buy what I'm trying to make first. if I have to buy it first, then what exactly is the point of Crafting?

I can only imagine the hoops my Archer will have to jump through for Fletching. oh, wait. don't tell me. I have to go buy the bow I want to craft first? *facepalm* (epic fail guys).
Who is your ingame character?

Yes, the crafting can be a bit silly at times and the quest doesn't recognize items that you have already collected. But the quests are more of a guide as to where to go, what to kill, etc and only recently have started giving decent rewards. They are skippable if you get frustrated with finding a fang or something and even optional all together.

Crafting is not recommended for low levels as it costs a lot to get started and even more if you intend on making a profit eventually. Resourcing, however, can be handy as an unpaid player as you can get the materials to get your own enchanting stones with somewhat ease.

The good thing about this game is you are not confined to a specific build. An archer class can use magic and melee, a warrior class can use a staff and gems, a caster class can be melee. Its what ever you want it to be and if you don't like one build you can reroll and try another with boon. I am an archer/ranger that uses whips and Damage Over Time gems, how many other games would let me become anything i want such as that?

I can try to help you in game if you want. Message Rogue (the pm command is /t Rogue {message}) if you decide to give it another chance.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #40
Syn
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.>
Who is your ingame character?

Yes, the crafting can be a bit silly at times and the quest doesn't recognize items that you have already collected. But the quests are more of a guide as to where to go, what to kill, etc and only recently have started giving decent rewards. They are skippable if you get frustrated with finding a fang or something and even optional all together.

Crafting is not recommended for low levels as it costs a lot to get started and even more if you intend on making a profit eventually.
well, that kinda puts the whole "Craftsman" class at a bit of a disadvantage, no? guess it's a good thing I decided not to jump right in on that, even though according to that little "test" that is the class best suited to my preferred playstyle. have to admit, though I'm an engineer IRL, I'm partial to magic when it comes to gaming so that "test" is questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.>

Resourcing, however, can be handy as an unpaid player as you can get the materials to get your own enchanting stones with somewhat ease.

The good thing about this game is you are not confined to a specific build. An archer class can use magic and melee, a warrior class can use a staff and gems, a caster class can be melee. Its what ever you want it to be and if you don't like one build you can reroll and try another with boon. I am an archer/ranger that uses whips and Damage Over Time gems, how many other games would let me become anything i want such as that?

I can try to help you in game if you want. Message Rogue (the pm command is /t Rogue {message}) if you decide to give it another chance.
yeah, sorry. guess I'm still just a little frustrated, but I appreciate the offer. I usually ask for help in-game only as a last resort. I prefer to exhaust all other avenues first, meaning FAQs and game guides. what can I say? I'm an independant person.

I haven't even touched enchanting yet, but decided to give it another go. I kinda liked my Archer, but what's one more reroll? I shyed away from the magic classes due to all the diversity until I got a handle on what skills did what in-game.

appreciate your feedback, but you have to admit it makes very little sense to play a Warrior using magic when you're initially gimped for -20% magic experience or whatever. that's like giving up 1/5 of your total experiance on the skills you rely on the most.

pretty significant gimp to advancement so I don't see myself trying out some of those combos you mentioned. I'll just keep tinkering until I find the right "fit" for my playstyle. oh, and in-game character is the same as here. "Syn"