3x Encumbered Suicide
Old 07-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default 3x Encumbered Suicide

For those who were interested, it does send you back to town, so you could use it to transport trophies if the 45 minutes of RRT is worth less than your IRL time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 07-25-2018 at 08:40 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

It's a known exploit, often done for farming 120+ zones where one kill is a guaranteed 3x encumbered. I remember sisix talking about this for farming ARL and up. I don't think should be addressed unless Glitch improves bulk trophy transport.

Last edited by Soxson; 12-04-2018 at 08:25 AM..

Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #3
Temporarily Suspended

more importantly:geef grind thingy

Old 07-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxson
unless Glitch improves bulk trophy transport.
It would is bulk trophy transport could be addressed.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:27 AM   #5
Administrator

Who was the first to report this?

Old 12-04-2018, 03:53 AM   #6
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Who was the first to report this?
No idea, but i reported it years ago as well.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:50 AM   #7
Administrator

Whoever can dig up their most ancient thread wherein they report this will get 10 TCs, provided it was before http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ght=encumbered

Old 12-04-2018, 05:01 AM   #8
Boss Hunter

When glitch needs to ask people to find their old posts we know this forums could use an update

Old 12-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #9
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Whoever can dig up their most ancient thread wherein they report this will get 10 TCs, provided it was before http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ght=encumbered
This is most likely the first one Glitch. I'd be really surprised if there was an active player that's brought this up prior to this. I've brought it up many many many times in /c and /u over the years and may have even asked you about it directly once when farming east of Andol became possible.

With the number of toons with Accel and DA that can farm beyond the Pit, never mind the number of toons with boon, AND the Inv/Storage expanders, we really need a bulk transport option beyond the small little bumps the two epic skills provide.

Gates and recalls are cheap when you can farm 1-2M or more an hour and TCs are going for 2M each. Making someone have to run multiple trips back to town after a single kill is no longer a grind, it's just an annoyance. Why farm anywhere higher than Redwood outside of Fa'ar if you're just going to be spending all your time gating and moving things between Inv/Storage?

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Old 12-04-2018, 06:14 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

Read about this pre 2014 maybe older than that in Bugs section of the forum.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #11
Neophyte

Old 12-04-2018, 06:31 PM   #12
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiSiX
With the number of toons with Accel and DA that can farm beyond the Pit, never mind the number of toons with boon, AND the Inv/Storage expanders, we really need a bulk transport option beyond the small little bumps the two epic skills provide.

Gates and recalls are cheap when you can farm 1-2M or more an hour and TCs are going for 2M each. Making someone have to run multiple trips back to town after a single kill is no longer a grind, it's just an annoyance. Why farm anywhere higher than Redwood outside of Fa'ar if you're just going to be spending all your time gating and moving things between Inv/Storage?
Agreed on nearly every point.

The fact that people are willing to spend 45 minutes of RRT just to move trophies quickly is proof that it's much too cumbersome. It'd be cheaper to gate in most cases, but many players prioritise time over money because it's simply a pain to do otherwise.

Boon's execution was a mistake. SB trophies should've just given 3x exp for all skills except epic skills. No need to drop 3x the trophies and make moving them annoying. Changing it now might be unfair considering so many people have used boon to cap their epic skills, whereas those who have not rerolled (including me) have had to work 3x as hard, but it still might be the right thing to do.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #13
Epic Scholar

Also, here's the earliest I could find, which predates Kris's post:

11 January 2009
http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ght=encumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
When one is encumbered for 3x his encumbrance level he can not gate, walk or start combat.

There is a way though to go back to town:

- start combat while not encumbered
- now put all the stuff from your storage in your inventory
- die in that fight and you'll go back to town (even if you are > 3x encumbered)

this will save you more time than gate, walk back, gate, etc ... to move your stuff to town, at any level/situation i can think off).
And here's your response, nearly 10 years ago, to that report:

Quote:
This is not likely to be changed.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #14
Seer's BFF

I believe Glitch's response from 2009 pretty much says it all.

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Old 12-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #15
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Boon's execution was a mistake. SB trophies should've just given 3x exp for all skills except epic skills. No need to drop 3x the trophies and make moving them annoying. Changing it now might be unfair considering so many people have used boon to cap their epic skills, whereas those who have not rerolled (including me) have had to work 3x as hard, but it still might be the right thing to do.
Omg yes please. As a booner, I would love for SB trophies to give 3x xp instead of getting 3x trophies at normal xp. Fights in 110+ zones give like a page of trophies, esp when grouped with toons who's trophs I am also looting. Looting them all is an inventory, storage and encumberance nightmare.