Over Time Damage:
Does Burn stack?
Does Forsaken stack?
Do Poisons stack?
Do Diseases stack?

If they do, how do they stack?

I consider 3 theories:
1 - Can stack a fixed amount of times.
2 - If you have 3 poison gems in that pouch, you stack poison 3 times.
3 - The effects stack as long as they come from different gems.

I would prefer option 2 over option 3, because it would be annoying to draw the the same gem twice, unable to stack it (according to option 3), while option 2 still requires you to have 3 gems, but you stack 3 times, no matter wich of those gems you draw.

-------------------
Regarding Auras (Considering the weakest):
White reduces 2 damage. (Shield)
Blue reduces and sends back 1 damage from the damage taken. (Reflect)
Green just sends back 2 damage from the damage taken. (Mirror)

Do the 3 effects stack completely?
Rephrasing, if I have the White and the Blue aura, do I reduce 3 damage and return 1, or do I reduce 2 and return 1?

I know they do not stack with themselves (reduce 2 + reduce 2), but I was wondering if they are considered unique effects that stack with different ones, as in Shield + Reflect + Mirror.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Administrator

Everything stacks except like auras, use the forum search feature and look for stack or dot for specifics.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Ehlmaris

Having all three of those auras would result in damage reduction of 3 on every hit, and sending back 3 damage to the enemy as well. However, having two white auras would not stack their effects.

If you cast three burns and two poisons and then a forsaken, all in a row, they will all stack.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

Thanks.
I knew that about exact same effects of auras not stacking.

My doubt about the auras was if the damage reduction of White and Blue auras was considered the same effect, and if the damage reflection of the Blue and Green auras was considered the same effect too.

Seems not =)

Additionally, I was doubting if I needed to have more than 1 poison gem to be able to stack more than 1 poison, but that seems to have been answered too.

And the rest I needed to know was answered in a topic I just found using Search Feature for "dot", as suggested by Jeff.