Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Looking For Group

Do not join synod!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Guessingo

Default Do not join synod!!!!!!!

They are losers. They are demanding 50k gold donations every month, even from lower level players. They also demanded that I spend my money to buy a timecard and auction it. When I asked a few questions about the new rule I got summarily booted. I didn't do anything.

I never even said I wouldn't give the 50k gold. I just got booted for asking a question.
Basically the really high guys want more runes. So those of us who can only use 1 rune are expected to fund their expansion.

I am levelling quickly so as I go up I can give more.

I have premium
I buy timecards for my own use.
I am a wizard.

I really need the armor class rune that gives 150 AC. Having been booted I really can't level much. Do NOT waste your time with Synod.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Guessingo

I also apparently did 2 other things.

1. They want to expand so they want us transferring gold for expansion. I asked who the approved people were to transfer gold to. I want to make sure i don't get scammed.

2. I also said I recommend we post on the forum asking the staff to add a feature for a tax or a donation towards expansion.

Yes, I am horrible.

If you are still in Synod note a few things.

1. you have no tax
2. so just sit in the clan until the end of the month to use their runes and then bolt. I wouldn't give them any money. They may just boot you if they are in a bad mood.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Rare Collector

*Sigh*
Clan drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessingo
They are losers. They are demanding 50k gold donations every month, even from lower level players.
50k is not much even for a level 20 on a standard account. 50k means that out of the 28 days of standard that this person has, he/she/it will be selling trophies for 3 days. I am speaking from my own experience. I could make around 20 - 25k per day when I sold all my trophies on a weak level 20 alt without any upgrades.

I told you just how expensive runes are:
rank 1 = 50,000 gold per month
rank 2 = 250,000 gold per month
rank 3+ = 900,000 gold per month
rank 4++ = 2,000,000 gold per month
rank 5++ = 7,000,000 gold per month

When runes are this expensive, [this does not include territory and dominance cost] and the clan is only asking you for 50k, I don't see the problem.

50 people paying 50k each is 2,500,000 rune power. The entire point of having clans is to share the cost of activating runes; it is not fair if one person has to bear the burden alone.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Guessingo

Where in my post do I say I wouldn't donate? I just asked

1. who should I give the money to. I don't want to get scammed. I want to know who is authorized to take it
2. Second, I asked that we post on the recommendation forum for a clan utility to allow donations for expansion.
3. Level 20 guys are not going to have 50k. Note I am not level 20. See point #1.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Rare Collector

Quote:
Where in my post do I say I wouldn't donate? I just asked

1. who should I give the money to. I don't want to get scammed. I want to know who is authorized to take it
2. Second, I asked that we post on the recommendation forum for a clan utility to allow donations for expansion.
3. Level 20 guys are not going to have 50k. Note I am not level 20. See point #1.
Where in my post do I accuse you of not wanting to donate.

I am just pointing out that 50k is not much; you seem to suggest above that 50k is very difficult for a low level to bear.

I have a toon that was level 20 with a standard account (no upgrades and no accel and no virts). This toon could make 50k easily in 3 - 5 days by selling trophies.

If a level 20 player really needs runes, then he can sell trophies for 3 days and pay the 50k in rune power. In fact, given how expensive runes are, he should do this on his own without being asked. I used to contribute 100k + with the toon that I am speaking off while I was still playing it. Furthermore, this was a free toon so I was buying my tc's with gold too.

It is possible to do it and it is relatively easy to do it. For someone who buys timecards, it becomes even easier.

You do not have to go give the gold to anyone. Any body in a clan who is a rank of soldier or higher can purchase rune power on their own.

Simply go to: Options menu --> clan admin options --> purchase rune power option.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
50k is expensive at lv 70, at lv 40 and below its utterly ridiculous. It doesn't sound like this clan is run very well if they actually expect people to pay that at low lvs. Im not saying the masters of the clan are fools but they may want to rethink their strategy.
By level 40, this aforementioned toon that I am talking about could make enough gold to maintain premium without ever selling any trophies; in the end I could still make 50kish profit per tc with this toon. Selling trophies for only one day would allow a level 40ish player to contribute 100k in rune power. 50k could be done without selling any trophies.

If perhaps I had not experimented with these things I would make such comments too. I know that it is possible to contribute 50k even for a standard account having level 20 without much trouble.

To show this mathematically:

Lets say 30 kills per hour (4 trophies per kill) 2000 xp per trophy

480,000 xp in two hours

At 28 per, this would equal 13,440 gold just from selling trophies.

3 days later you would have 40,320 just from selling trophies.

Gold chests would make up the rest.

And don't forget the drop.

50k is a piece of cake compared to the gold cost of activating the runes.

Even easier for a paying account.

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-09-2010 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
MaxiPad

Quote:
I honestly have no idea how people can do that. Im guessing you must not keep your gear up to date or enchant it.
30 kills per hour, that's like saying 1 kill every 2 minutes.

4 trophies per mob, that's probably just an average

10k in gold chests isn't that hard.

Drops are worth a good bit.

Please tell me how you CANNOT get 50k in 3 days?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

selling trophs is always a bad idea...especially at lower lvls so saying you could make money by selling trophs isnt a good excuse...at lvl 20 you are needing a ton of trophs for other stuff considering the 20 extra skills that get unlocked...i agree that its not "hard" for a lvl 20 to get 50k but rarely does that lvl 20 keep that 50k...i personally dont usually have more than 20-30k on my lvl 34 accounts and im still purchasing upgrades for my armor/weapons

any clan that requires a member to donate gold in addition to expansion should think about how much gold they are telling their lower lvl members to contribute
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
Tapobu

i think he means 10k total over time just from chests.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
MaxiPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapobu
i think he means 10k total over time just from chests.
Thank you for using deductive reasoning.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

Quote:

1. you have no tax
2. so just sit in the clan until the end of the month to use their runes and then bolt. I wouldn't give them any money. They may just boot you if they are in a bad mood.

Am I the only one who saw this?? they require a 50K "donation" but have 0 tax...that is retarded

Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Epic Scholar

coccyx at lvl 24 with my daily rrt i pulled in 20k average from chests alone ...granted i could kill a lot faster than 1 kill ever 2 minutes....if u break it down to proportion with my kill rate witch was 20s kills...that means divide 20k by 6 and you get how much u would make from 2 minute kills so with 3 hours of rt a lvl 20ish should be able to get 3.5k a day not 10k

and i saw that too MG didnt bother commenting on it i know several clans with 0% tax but not with a required donation to go with it
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiPad
30 kills per hour, that's like saying 1 kill every 2 minutes.

4 trophies per mob, that's probably just an average

10k in gold chests isn't that hard.

Drops are worth a good bit.

Please tell me how you CANNOT get 50k in 3 days?
Maxipad understood perfectly well what I was saying.

Quote:
I honestly have no idea how people can do that. Im guessing you must not keep your gear up to date or enchant it.
Not true. I had the best non epic gear on the free account that I have that I used as an example and by level 40 I was sporting epic gear too. I always enchant all of my gear. When I needed armor or weapons or stones, it just meant selling a few more trophies.

Like I said in my last post:

30 kills per hour
[most level 20's could do better]
4 trophies per kill [most level 20's probably do better]
2000 xp per trophy [don't remember what north passage trophies are worth so take this as an average]

480,000 xp in two hours

At 28 per, this would equal 13,440 gold just from selling trophies.

3 days later you would have 40,320 just from selling trophies.

Gold chests and drops over 3 days can easily get you 10k.

50k is a piece of cake compared to the gold cost of activating the runes. This is even easier to do for a paying account. I have been in the top ranks of clans before; I know the frustration officers and masters have when they have a bunch of freeloaders in their clan who refuse to contribute anything and 50k should be a penny to most paying level 20's. Remember, runes cost a fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson
selling trophs is always a bad idea...especially at lower lvls so saying you could make money by selling trophs isnt a good excuse...at lvl 20 you are needing a ton of trophs for other stuff considering the 20 extra skills that get unlocked...i agree that its not "hard" for a lvl 20 to get 50k but rarely does that lvl 20 keep that 50k...i personally dont usually have more than 20-30k on my lvl 34 accounts and im still purchasing upgrades for my armor/weapons
I disagree.

Remember, its all relative thatperson.

Take a standard account having player that never spends any money on the game:

this person has double the number of rested time hours vs the number he had as a "N."

3 days for 50k for clan rune power and another 9 days for 150k to make a tc
[remember that most level 20's can do better than this]

12 out of 28 days used for tc and clan

This still leaves 16 days or 32 hours of rested time to work on character development; this is more rested time than this person would have had as a N.

Now if this person actually buys his own tc's, he is only selling trophies for 3 days ... that is not a big sacrifice for 50 measly k when runes are so expensive.

Yes. you will be spending more time leveling up your toon but most people who resort to this method of selling trophies should not and can not rush any ways.
Rushing is for people who can afford to burn tc's and buy the upgrades in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson
coccyx at lvl 24 with my daily rrt i pulled in 20k average from chests alone ...granted i could kill a lot faster than 1 kill ever 2 minutes....if u break it down to proportion with my kill rate witch was 20s kills...that means divide 20k by 6 and you get how much u would make from 2 minute kills so with 3 hours of rt a lvl 20ish should be able to get 3.5k a day not 10k
Exactly 3.5k a day for 3 days = 3.5k * 3 = 10.5 k in 3 days using your own numbers.

I have also been the leader of a clan or two in my year + on Nodiatis and I know the frustration that clans feel when they do not have members who are big spenders. Such clans can not compete with the likes of (well I am not going to call out any clan names) but the big rune power having clans.

50k is a pittance, compared to the amount that runes actually cost, and 50k per member in a 50 member clan can allow a clan to activate some pretty decent level 3 and level 2 runes. I'd even support 100k per member without having any tax; everyone should support their own weight in my opinion.

And 50k despite popular belief, is not hard to do. It is even easier for paying members. I support SYNOD's policy of requiring its members to pay 50k.

IT IS NOT HARD FOR SOMEONE WHO IS LEVEL 20 OR ABOVE TO CONTRIBUTE A MERE 50K, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CLAN HAS 0 % TAX. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN SYNOD, BUT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY THAT JUDGING THEM BASED ON THIS REQUIREMENT IS NOT FAIR. IT IS VERY NICE AND PEOPLE LOVE IT WHEN ONE PAYING MASTER IS BUYING ALL THE RUNE POWER; BUT SUCH FREELOADING PEOPLE HAVE NO PLACE IN MOST CLANS WHERE IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE COST BE SHARED TO SOME DEGREE.

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-10-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
Pasterqb

Quote:
Basically the really high guys want more runes. So those of us who can only use 1 rune are expected to fund their expansion.
ofcourse they want more runes and ofcourse they expect you to pay. A clan helps each other out. And it is no buttf*cking charity. You are taking a spot away from a higher level player who can donate over 10 times as much a month. Which is why clans shouldnt even have low levels (atleast not ones who donate poorly). So i ask you, what would you choose 500k gold or 50k gold?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
Temporarily Suspended

Meh, I guess you won't be joining any better clan for awhile.. Lol

NIKE requests that you "donate" 50k a month, or be kicked. It's very logical considering how expensive runes are. Also another reason most clans ask a 10k upfront donation is because if you leave the clan, they lose 10k RP.

If you want the benefits of runes, you have to pay. Plain and simple. And as paster said, for ever person who isn't willing to donate, they could find atleast 15 others who would be willing to donate well over the amount asked as a minimum.

They probably suggested you sell a TC because you were whining about not being able to afford the 50k/month.. which honestly, once again. Isn't anything at all.. I gathered that much from JUST HUNTING with a 15% tax in my noob clan

Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #15
Epic Scholar

ALTHOUGH, im going to stick up for guessingo here. he said in his first post that he had no problem paying the 50k, and then everyone started ranting about him not affording 50k.

coccyx it is quiet easy to make cash, on my main (lvl 80) i made over 160k today alone, and that was from approx 2-3 hours rrt. also on my alt (lvl 27 now, was lvl 24 when started) i have made a further 15k in maybe 3 hours rrt.

on my main yes i sold my trophies, so that i could afford a tc for my alt. on my alt i used all trophies for exp.

it is not hard to make cash in the game, you just need to be willing to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Last edited by Smashbros; 02-12-2010 at 01:53 AM..

Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #16
Seer's BFF

bashing other clans bcuz of what they believe is right is wrong

"they suck because they are different!"

Dont mess with the Zoid, im surprisngly not that bad!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #17
Nomicon

50k aint bad, as you now know the runes actually help you farm and get more gold / xp etc... pay your dues and enjoy the benefits 8)

I'd never kick or vote to kick any player willing to pay the RP, all the rest is just drama BS.

I find it hard to believ eyou got booted for asking a question but if thats the case, SYNOD is kicking themselves in the balls because it cost em 60k RP fer nothin

Last edited by Nomicon; 02-11-2010 at 09:52 PM..

Old 02-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #18
Power

Quote:
50k is expensive at lv 70, at lv 40 and below its utterly ridiculous. It doesn't sound like this clan is run very well if they actually expect people to pay that at low lvs. Im not saying the masters of the clan are fools but they may want to rethink their strategy.
all i can do with this post is laugh. you're obviously not doing somthing right if you think 50k is ex*****ive at lvl 70. one of your drops can be worth 30k. hmm 1 drop every 3 days lets call it. you can do the math i hope.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #19
Emperor006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power
blahblahblah... 50k is ex*****ive at lvl 70...blahblahblah
Freudian slip while quoting coccyx?
I very nearly coated my monitor in coffee! LMAO

Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
Power

rofl i just noticed that. i guess ***** is bad i'll just blame my lack of spelling