Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Nodiatis on a MAC, Snow Leopard Fix
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Unhappy Nodiatis on a MAC, Snow Leopard Fix

Please skip to the last couple posts in this thread for info on how to fix Java on some Mac's to allow proper access to Nodiatis. If your submit button for logging in is grey you need to do this on your Mac.

Hey everybody,

This is my last cry out for help. I had enough with waiting for answers.

Is there any else have a problem logging to the game using Mac OS Snow Leopard?
I know about another guy called "Broma" and that's it.
If any one knows what is happening exactly here, please tell me.
I dont know if this is Nodiatis being not Mac-friendly or its Mac's Java problem!

This is beyond frustrating! I lost all hopes but there is room for one last shout for help. please... any one!
(thank you again "Sherman" for every thing you did to help, much appreciated )

Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Auction Master

I think it was an issue with memory management for java but I cant find the thread that had instructions of how to fix it.

ill continue searching,

Beet Da Brat

Edit: Nope it isn't that. I don't have a mac so I cant help you. Sorry.

Last edited by beetdabrat; 01-19-2010 at 01:58 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

yes true Coccyx, I used to run Mac OS 10.5 and was working fine. but the 10.6 is issue here.
Here is my problem and information:

The "submit" button stays gray even when I turn off the SSL encryption.
is the problem from the game it self or Mac OS 10.6.2?
either way, what can i do to be able play again?
here is my information:
Browser: Safari 4.0.4
NOD Version: 1.196
Java Version: 13.1.0
Ram: 2 GB
1 client running

thanks buddy

Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Can't say I'm real familiar with macs, but it's most likely a problem on your end, it almost always is client-side issues. Make sure your java is all updated and stuff (if you can't figure it out, search google, certainly someone has make instructions for os x). Make sure your computer isn't bogged down with other tasks (obvious, i would hope). Increase the amount of memory allocated to the jvm by default. There instructions are floating around the forums to change this, the properties window is nearly identical across different systems, once you find the right properties window, mac and pc instructions will be the same. also try using a different browser, i'm not sure which one you are using now, but another one may work better for your particular system.

If all else fails and you've abandoned all hope, you can look into using prior versions of the jre (java). Some people have had performance increases by finding the right version for their system, but I'm not sure how much this is a factor since the newest java update is almost purely performance enhancements.

Sorry for not providing any helpful links, i'm kinda in a rush, but I'll check back later to see if I just confused you more or helped you point you in the right direction. good luck, oh and try the easiest solutions first.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkanimus
yes true Coccyx, I used to run Mac OS 10.5 and was working fine. but the 10.6 is issue here.
Here is my problem and information:

The "submit" button stays gray even when I turn off the SSL encryption.
is the problem from the game it self or Mac OS 10.6.2?
either way, what can i do to be able play again?
here is my information:
Browser: Safari 4.0.4
NOD Version: 1.196
Java Version: 13.1.0
Ram: 2 GB
1 client running

thanks buddy
If it never un-greys then you are facing network problems, most likely not java or mac problems. If you have another computer you can try on the same connection, do that. try some pings and traceroutes, people on here love having people post those.

oooh, make sure you have the updated nod client running, it's 1.199 now. there are instructions on the forums for clearing your cache so you have reload the latest client, some browsers like to hold on to the old versions. Do that and check back with us.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

ok sir, here is what i did so far with no success:
1- try 4 different browsers, including IE and Firefox.
2- try (https), not the normal (http)
3- try older Java version.
4- clear the browser and Java cash memory.
5- report the problem to Apple.
i should also mention that Nod version is actually 1.199.

am open to any suggestions, you name it!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Emperor006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrlahg
If it never un-greys then you are facing network problems, most likely not java or mac problems.
I would be inclined to agree with this statement, as I imagine it could be some sort of change to the port settings when you upated to the new O/S.
See if you can connect when you open everything right up & then go from there.

Disclaimer: I haven't done much at all on a MAC, so I have no idea if this logic applies.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Boss Hunter

hmm, a network problem seems more logical now. I can load the game but the problem is in the "gray log in" button. if it a Java issue than i wont reach the log in screen, right?

i just noticed something that maybe mean something. the first time i hit the "existing character" button, the "log in" button stay gray for good. but if i hit "back" and than ""existing character", the "log in" light up as normal. YET, when i put my username and password and hit it, i get the (attempt timed out, try again) message. i also should mention that the Announcements never updates.

My internet connection is good and never had a problem with any site what so ever.

reverting to 10.5 seems like the last resort to me, and I intend to keep it the ever "last" thing to try.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
sherman

Unfortunately, our Mac-Man Zenga doesn't play often.

Also, less than 1% of the websites on the internet are made with Macs in mind. Macs, in my opinion, are great for digital media editing and things of that nature. However, when it comes to the internet, they are the unsupported minority.

I do not know much about your computer or if you are REAL familiar with them. But, there may be an emulator.

If there is not, and you have 2 or more HDs, you can partition one and run Windows off of that HD and use that for Nod, while running the other HD (with Mac OS) and do whatever.

If you choose that route, use either XP or 7 for the OS, as they are more stable, use less resources, and are just plain better.

Because I am not familiar with Macs, I am not sure if you need an emulator for the HD to run Windows, I am not sure if the HDs are Mac Software supported, or if they are just regular HDs.

I could go on, but I just thought I would suggest one last, possibly more expensive, route to you.

If you need help partitioning and running a second OS at the same time of your Mac OS, feel free to use google, as they can help you at any time.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
Unfortunately, our Mac-Man Zenga doesn't play often.
Zenga would have you castrated if he saw that.

There's a couple things I would try if I were you.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
Crab Defiler

I can definitely confirm that nod doesn't work on OS X 10.6 using safari. I went to the trouble of generating lots of debug output, but didn't trouble myself so far as to pare it down to the bits that might matter. 10.5 works fine.

We might, if they screamed all the time, for no reason.
- Jack Handey

Old 01-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #12
Frothwolf

I have to agree with everything Darkanimus has said, since I upgraded to snow leopard, I've had the same problem and I've tried the same solutions. I've grown desperate enough that I'm goining to use Mac boot camp and allocate a portion of my Imac to the most hated windows. If you have the intel chip, you may want to try the same fix.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

That is ridiculous. I think it's just your version of java, since it is provided by Apple. Shouldn't be too long before Apple issues the newest java update, since 6u18 was released not long ago (a week maybe?). Hopefully that will fix something for your guys.

If you want more help, or for Glitchless to be more likely to take notice, post over in the bugs section. There is certainly a solution, it just has to be found.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrlahg
That is ridiculous. I think it's just your version of java, since it is provided by Apple. Shouldn't be too long before Apple issues the newest java update, since 6u18 was released not long ago (a week maybe?). Hopefully that will fix something for your guys.

If you want more help, or for Glitchless to be more likely to take notice, post over in the bugs section. There is certainly a solution, it just has to be found.
oh yes it is! and i hope that the next Java update will fix this cause running Windows on my laptop is a hoop i wont jump to play Nod!!

as for the bug section, i did post not once, not twice, but three times without any response from Glitchless what so ever! only Sherman offered help. my thanks to him and to all of you guys who tried to help. i am throwing the towel on this matter until the next Java update from Apple!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
sherman

Quote:
oh yes it is! and i hope that the next Java update will fix this cause running Windows on my laptop is a hoop i wont jump to play Nod!!

as for the bug section, i did post not once, not twice, but three times without any response from Glitchless what so ever! only Sherman offered help. my thanks to him and to all of you guys who tried to help. i am throwing the towel on this matter until the next Java update from Apple!
Despite all of the crap Windows gets, I much prefer it over ANY apple OS when browsing the web, playing games, or otherwise using it for anything besides media editing.

No viruses is great, but that's mainly in part due to hardly any programs made compatible for Mac.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, at least there is hope on the horizon. It might do some good to search around the interwebs and see if you can find anyone else experiencing strange behavior with java under os 10.6. Perhaps they've found a fix we haven't thought of.

Best of luck.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
Guessingo

I am on Mac OSX 10.5.4 I can't remember the marketing name.

Safari works best. Sometimes I have trouble getting in, but I close it and restart it. I have more problems with firefox and opera.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessingo
I am on Mac OSX 10.5.4 I can't remember the marketing name.

Safari works best. Sometimes I have trouble getting in, but I close it and restart it. I have more problems with firefox and opera.
10.5 was working just fine. the issue here is with the 10.6, Snow Leopard. until this day Nod wont work on it. as i said before, i am not gana even think about it until the next Java update shows up.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #19
Epic Scholar

im using windows and i sometimes get the gray login button.

its cause it hasnt finished connection to the server yet. i just wait a few extra seconds and it lights back up.

NOTE: i didnt have this problem on my main comp, its only came about since im using a 5 yr old comp with no ram.

sooo as a suggestions id try closing everything but your browser and leaving it left alone for a bit to see if that helps.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #20
Boss Hunter

Yesterday i upgraded my MAC to Leopard and BINGO. Nod is not working as Darkanimus described.
I opened Java Console and on pressing "Existing character" i got a stack of exception. Here it is:

Reading certificates from 11 http://www.nodiatis.com/dark.jar | /Users/kupidonas/Library/Caches/Java/cache/6.0/61/1ba4757d-75e7d98e.idx
Exception in thread "Thread-9" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provide r.java:1221)
at javax.crypto.Mac.a(DashoA13*..)
at javax.crypto.Mac.init(DashoA13*..)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.MAC.<init>(MAC.java:9 4)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.CipherSuite$MacAlg.ne wMac(CipherSuite.java:429)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.newWriteMA C(Handshaker.java:407)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.changeW riteCiphers(SSLSocketImpl.java:1791)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.sendChange CipherSpec(Handshaker.java:607)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.send ChangeCipherAndFinish(ClientHandshaker.java:868)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serv erHelloDone(ClientHandshaker.java:794)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.proc essMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:226)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoo p(Handshaker.java:516)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_re cord(Handshaker.java:454)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRec ord(SSLSocketImpl.java:884)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.perform InitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1112)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHa ndshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1139)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHa ndshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1123)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.https.HttpsClien...lient.java:434)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.https.AbstractDe...ction.java:166)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.https.HttpsURLCo...nImpl.java:133)
at Dark$HTTPThread.post(dark.java:18965)
at Dark$HTTPThread.run(dark.java:18929)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission loadLibrary.keychain)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission (AccessControlContext.java:323)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Acc essController.java:546)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Security Manager.java:532)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkLink(SecurityManage r.java:818)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:817)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
at com.apple.crypto.provider.HmacCore.<clinit>(HmacCo re.java:26)
... 28 more

Waiting for response, Glitch.