Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Seer's BFF

Default Guide Results Winners and Losers

Magic Guide

Menage = 34
Neo = 23
Storm = 1
Smash = 2

Some of the guides didn't have in them their skills and approx lvl for each part of their Guides. namely Menage and Neo.

Winners
Smashbros 10 TC's

Unlucky Storm and Neo and Menage (honourable mentions)

Thnx all for the guides. Both will be posted on my freewebs site and my forums when you add the skills to aim for..

Archery Guide

Menage = 15
Conqueror = 5

Since there was only 2 guides posted and as stated above someone forgot to add the skills and their approx lvl. This leaves only 1 entry qualifying.

Winner
Conqueror 10 Tc's

Unlucky Menage (honourable mention)

Conqueror's guide will be posted on my freewebs and my forums.

Melee Guide

Klippi = 9
Pasterq = 19
Bloodbaden = 5
Jank = 1

Some nice and different class guides entered here, but yet again someone forgot to post skills to aim for and their approximate lvl (Pasterq) this leaves Kilppi as the winner.

Winner
Klippi 10 TC's

Unlucky Pasterq and Bloodbaden and Jank (honourable mentions)

Congrats all winners and unlucky to the loosers.

the next time i get TC's i will deliver them to the winners. I did recieve a donation of 10k towards this competition. Judges decision is final...I did read thru all guides after i added up the voting..

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Last edited by Flashus; 12-24-2009 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: applying rules to all guides to be fair

Old 12-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Blueack

Menny, this is why I don't like publishing all of my builds and ideas. It might get some people off the wrong track <3
It might not even pay off, either.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Pasterqb

Klippi's calls for archery til level 40 how is thay acceptable for a melee guide? and i thought i said that they should keep the skills at their levels.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Pasterqb

"Try to keep them about your level maybe a few levels under"

direct quote

Old 12-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Menage

approximate lvls for skills wouldnt be a good or even necessary part of my guides.

i told them which vital skills to keep at their lvl, and told them which other skills to focus on and in what order - the approx lvl is how high u can get those skills before u move on.. sum ppl will spend money for accel/upgrades/gold for xtra trophs, and sum will need to sell trophs for tc's cuz they cant spend monies - w/e trophs u have available are dumped in those skills

I copy/pasted because some of the important tips and info i had are shared btwn caster and archer builds, and to keep the guides in similar order. Every tip needed for each build were added in the respective guides and the best things to use/lvl for each were all there - i saw no harm in using the same format in both guides

i will say that conqueror's guide is very good considering his ingame lvl.. only thing i found wrong with it is that there was too much info a person looking on the flashus site would already kno and have to sift through - as well as the common knowledge among experienced players that raising ce and cs (any nonlvl stat skills for that matter) should be left for after they have hit the level cap, and is a huge waste of efficiency when kept at level

but its ur competition and w/e way u wanna do it is up to u, jus postin my thoughts on ur thoughts d;

Last edited by Menage; 12-24-2009 at 06:32 PM..

Old 12-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Seer's BFF

Char Class = Warrior
Slash
140-1-140-39
No de-lvling until Level Cap.

Strategy lvl 1-19.
2-Str 1 Dex 3 Dur

Level 8 armor then level 14 armor then lvl 20 armor
North Passage mobs at lvl 19
Red Bosses
All Str enchants
37 Melee 1 Magic 37 Defense 1 Recovery

Strategy lvl20-39.
2 str 1 dex 1 agi 1 dur 1 cnt
Dual Wield then Double Attack then Slash Spec for Weaponary.
Dual Parry for Protection
Squirehood for Learning
Plunderfiend for Adventure Skills
Try to keep them about your level maybe a few levels under (WHICH SKILLS DOES THIS REFER TO JUST THE ONES NAMED ABOVE)

there are no skills listed from 1-19...from 20 on do they only do DW,DA,SS and DP skills only no others involved?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
Pasterqb

It refers to all Weaponary skills

but i think this all should have been done before voting started. and even so eliminating someone on a technicallity is lame imho

Old 12-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Seer's BFF

Strategy lvl 1-19.
Stats to distribution.
Skills and thier appropiate lvls.
Roughly what Equipment you should be using.
Area you should be fighting in at lvl 19.
Boss you should be able to solo.
Enchantments to aim for.

now what part of the 3rd line did u not understand...it is the same line in each part from 1-19, 20-39 and so on..

if your not happy fair enough but it was made clear at the very start.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
Pasterqb

its fine and yea i didnt put in whats required 100% only 98% i missed it on 40-59 and 1 -19

but i also dont think you are doing the noobs who look at the winning guide a favor by giving them false information and telling them to ignore their class abilities and/or reroll to an archer

but to be fair you never said how the winning guide would be determined besides voting or anything about being disqualified
because allowing a thread without proper details to enter the competition means it would get votes from ones that do have all the information being unfair and saying what the person lacks would let them change it before deadline

Last edited by Pasterqb; 12-24-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

ok this it the final word on this from me..

After discussing with some poeple and the sour grapes going on i am applying the rules as stated and Neo and Menage are not the winner of the Magic guide for not posting skills..therefore Smashbros with the the higher votes wins the magic guide.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
Menage

umm, im thinkin this is a joke or test - smash is an awesome dude from wat ive seen but his guide is missing like 75% of wat u asked for hehe..

newho im sry we greedy ppl wanted to win the tc's u offered for this competition and forgot to get into the xmas spirit on the way, but i spent 5 hours puttin together both guides as best i could and the fact that i didnt put approximate levels next to the skills and instead stated the order of their importance is a huge plus for the guides - would have been detrimental to them otherwise

feel free to use my guides w/o rewards on ur site cuz a lot of nodiatans use that site and i'd hate for newer ppl lookin for help to use flawed guides from it

they are the culmination and result of spending 1.5 years playing, eating, dreaming, and molesting myself to the nod screeen.. then spending a few hours recording the results

Old 12-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #12
Pasterqb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashus
Judges decision is final...
apparently not

Old 12-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Rare Collector

1. "considering his ingame lvl"

The ingame character Conqueror is my relatively underplayed wizard.

What Menage was trying to insinuate here was that his guide is superior because I am a low level player.

I left out the identity of my archer for exactly this reason. People attribute too much significance to the player's level. Often, the things that are said by higher level players are taken as scripture while the things that are said by lower level players are ignored as insignificant. It is not level that matters (Trainer showed us that you can reach level cap in two days if you burn and have enough tc's). What matters is the amount of experience a player has. As I said in my thread, I have been playing an archer for over 8 months. I do not claim that my guide presents the only and most optimal way to build an archer. What I am saying is that I have played this game for 8 + months and I feel that this is a good way to build an archer. Furthermore, in the opening post of my thread I said this: "If you do disagree with something in this guide, please post your opinion about why you feel that the information is incorrect/incomplete and kindly offer a coherent alternative. That way anyone reading the guide and its critiques can make up their own mind about how to build their character." When I wrote my guide, I was hoping to use my experience to guide people in the right direction when building their archer --- in the end people can and do figure out the best path for their character on their own. <=== Main point: my player level is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

2. "too much info a person looking on the flashus site would already kno and have to sift through"

I agree that a lot of the information in my guide is posted on the Flashus website and in other locations. That is exactly why I have a table of contents section in my guide and the summary section at the end. People who are aware of something that is mentioned in my guide can use the table of contents section to go to another part of the guide; in other words I tried to make it easy to bounce around and go back and forth. One of my goals when I was writing this guide was to make it "new player friendly" and that is also why I cover somethings that other people would have left out. After all, these are the people that need the most help and will benefit the most from reading the guide. Finally, I would like to point out something that I have observed: In the time I have spent playing this game, I was surprised by the number of people who are not aware of the things that players like Menage call general knowledge. I was asked by a player close to level cap why I recommended lets say 140 melee 1 magic 140 defense 39 recovery build for melee players. Why not 140 140 140 140. In other cases I have had numerous mid level players ask me for advice about how to build their character (many of whom were levelling evenly for example 40 40 40 40 and couldn't figure out why they were having a hard time fighting certain creatures in the game). Believe it or not, there are players who are midlevel or high level who just miss a few things along the way. Such players could also benefit from a more thorough guide.

3. "raising ce and cs (any nonlvl stat skills for that matter) should be left for after they have hit the level cap"

Another excellent point Menage which I agree with.
If you go through my guide you will see a section where I discuss whether rushing to level cap is right for you. In this section I wrote: "The best strategy to level up is to get to level cap as fast as possible, and then to work on your skills at level cap. This is because you get a lot more experience and gold and the trophies are worth a lot more experience as well at higher levels. I recommend this strategy to any player who can pay for the grinder and accel upgrades and can afford to buy enough timecards to have rrt at all times when playing. However, those people who have a standard account or a free account or even just a premium account with no upgrades can not really rush to level cap. For these people, in my opinion, it is best if they work to strengthen themselves at lower levels and enjoy the game at these lower levels. Getting to the cap is not possible for everyone and a rushed build where you can not defeat anything and are losing most of the duels you are fighting in will just make you want to quit the game sooner."
Class enhancement and class specialization skills add to the maximum damage of the archer which is why I recommended it as something to level up. If you are rushing to level cap by all means go 80 80 80 80 and don't bother with ce or cs. But if you are taking your time to level up, ce and cs can raise your maximum non critical hits and your max critical hits significantly. Not everyone can rush to level cap. In fact most people who play the game can not rush to level cap.
__________________________________________________ ___________

I appreciate your comments and your guide was good too considering your level

And I leave the decision up to Flashus. He sponsored it using his own resources (privately sponsored competition) and he can do whatever he wishes as far as I am concerned. I am thankful to him for sponsoring the competition as it gave me the motivation and impetus I needed to put together my guide.

Last edited by Conqueror; 12-24-2009 at 11:25 PM..

Old 12-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #14
Neo

*shakes hands with the 3 winners*

Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
AphoomZhah

well, i dont see a point to voe for the winner if anyways u decide who win and who lose w/o care about our votes..
even if u dont think that guide is ok. it was our votes.. other way u would have say to post a guide and u would choise a random winner and dont make everyone else to lose their time voting for people..

Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
AphoomZhah

next time dont make us waste time voting.. and say the winner will be just the one who offer u a payment or w/e else..
but good move to make them say his build.. win by votes and then u just change it cuz u are...

Old 12-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Epic Scholar

i never offered a payment, when asked about the votes and if i was happy with the decision i said yes i was, and had no problem with them beating me.

i never asked to win, and once voting started i never expected to win either. hell if i wanted to i could of got people to vote for me aswell, like the others did but i didnt. i left it at that and i even voted for someone elses guide.

sooo do not assume that flash has done this cause i bribed him, all i have done (that i know) is been a good sportsman and did not mind being beaten.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
AphoomZhah

yah well.. sorry for saying u offered payments..
it isnt ur fault, it is his personal preference..

u did just what u needed to do, and nice he said u won.
he only fail as referee for having preferences

Old 12-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
Rare Collector

I wasn't going to dignify any of these complaints with a response but I honestly feel bad for the position Flashus is being put into.

We all know the complete fiasco that the voting was. It turned into a popularity contest where people voted, not based on the guides, but based on clan allegiances. I am willing to bet that none of the people who are complaining actually read all of the guides in their entirety; in fact I am pretty sure that there are some who voted who didn't even bother looking at the guides.

Flashus should have thrown out the whole voting disaster from the get go [after it became quite clear what was happening]. Instead, he used the voting results and also evaluated all of the guides based on what the people had put in them.

The very fact that he is using his own money to get the tc's should shut everybody up. He is entitled to do whatever he pleases as it is his money/tc's. In essence he is paying for a service (the guide) and he can decide who he wants to pay for the service. The very fact that he gave the voting results any consideration is admirable.

Frankly speaking, I could have asked quite a few people to vote for me too. I did not do that. I left it up to the public. I was totally ok with loosing too even though I knew that the voting was not impartial. And the accusation that someone payed Flashus to declare them the winner is just ludicrous in my opinion and does not deserve a further examination.

Finally, Flashus had good intentions when he sponsored this competition. Whatever he decides, let it be. In the spirit of Xmas stop the jibes and the accusations please. I can't say it in a more civil manner than this.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #20
AphoomZhah

right.. well thats true was his money, his tcs, and its for his site, I am sorry for complaining about it, since I didnt even made a guide..
anyways nobody lost anything xcept time voting.
have fun