Rogue/BM a good possible combo?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Kimera

Default Rogue/BM a good possible combo?

Ive have been thinking about different ways to play a rogue class, as it is currently my favorite class in nod.

Since the rogues get a bonus to minimum damage, it is a bad idea to go slashing, crushing or especially archery with one. Any of those would be a waste of the class bonus. So rogues go piercer, which has very good minimum damages.

But piercers are overall a fairly weak type of weaponry. However whips, although they still do lower damage than slash or crush generally, have a high minimum damage.

So my question is, with all the BM skills, especially after level 40, being so good, are whips a viable option for a Rogue?

i am currently trying this out but i would appreciate any input or (constructive) criticism.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
klippi

A rogue BM would have an advantage over BM's with no buff at all..

Weaponmaster is better
==>increases min and max

BM's even better BM's

Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

i'm afraid a piercer is your best bet kimera. at lower levels it seems that piercers suck, but at higher levels you will find out that piercers are an ASSURANCE weapon. (what does this mean?) basically, at higher levels, you will be ASSURED to hit a great deal of damage, as the minimum damage (by the pierce spec ability alone, is increased by 40 percent) is heavily increased. :P

Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
Auction Master

I may try it out.

Beet Da Brat

Last edited by beetdabrat; 12-23-2009 at 03:34 AM..

Old 12-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
Kimera

i understand what you are saying about being an assurance weapon bb. and i think that is a very good point. but i am looking to build a rogue into more of a pvp character, as opposed to pve. so i am wondering, from a pvp perspective, are the piercers still a better choice?

Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
klippi

reroll

Old 12-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Kimera

i dont wanna reroll klippi. i love the rogues, i just wish they were more useful for pvp. in traditional fantasy, and especially in stuff like D & D, rogues are always a threat, regardless of the situation.

i would like that to be the case here as well. but i'll continue to play one even if they are not. at the moment you just have to be really overdeveloped for your level to win alot in pvp as a rogue. as long as that continues to be the case i guess i just continue beefing up lol.