Guide to RT and Payed Accounts
Old 07-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
Somneil

Default Guide to RT and Payed Accounts

What is RT?

RT stands for Rested Time. While you have RT, you get much more experience, loot, and gold (approximately 7 times as much) as when you don't have RT. This applies to all types of experience except for trophy experience and passive/learning experience, which always remain constant.

How do I get more RT?

1) Under your Learning skills you will see a couple of skills that apply to RT.

The Extended Study skill raises your per day RT cap. Every day, your RT will be filled to this cap.

The Rollover Cap skill raises the cap of how much unused RT you can carry over to the next day.

2) The easiest way to get more RT is to upgrade your account to a standard (2 hours per day) or premium (3 hours per day) account. To upgrade your account, click the "$" button to the left of your RT guage at the bottom of the screen.

When do I get my daily RT?

Everyone's RT refreshes at 6:00am Central Time (GMT+6).

What are the other benefits of upgrading my account?

Standard Account
------------------------
2 Hours of Base RT Per Day
No Trade Restrictions (Trade Items, Gold, and use Auction all you want)
5 Extra Inventory Slots (More room to hold loot)
1 Extra Gem Slot (Lets you have up to 5 gems in play instead of only 4)
1 Extra Rune Slot
Double Learning/Passive Speed (xp gains tick twice as fast)
Character Icon in Chat (gets rid of the annoying "N")

Premium Account
----------------------
3 Hours of Base RT Per Day
No Trade Restrictions (Trade Items, Gold, and use Auction all you want)
10 Extra Inventory Slots (More room to hold loot)
2 Extra Gem Slots (Lets you have up to 6 gems in play instead of only 4)
2 Extra Rune Slots
Triple Learning/Passive Speed (xp gains tick thrice as fast)
Character Icon in Chat (gets rid of the annoying "N")

Why RT anyway?

1) Inhibits botting/macros.
2) Inhibits players rotating on the same account to grind it up.
3) Inhibits player burnout by allowing players to take the game only in doses.
4) Evens the overall playing field of player levelling by not allowing the players with only the most time to play to dominate.
5) Reduces server strain.
6) The death system is irrevocably tied to the RT system. To die is to lose one minute of RT per player level you have acquired.

What was it like before the RT system?

Before the RT system there was the AT (adventure time) system. Basically it was exactly like RT except when your AT ran out, you got absolutely no experience, loot, or gold from monster killing.

Why have payed accounts anyway?

1) Glitchless LLC wishes to be profitable.
2) The delineation of free and paid accounts and the restrictions therewith prevents gold farming at the expense of Glitchless. In other words, if you want to farm gold, you have to keep paying Glitchless to make unrestricted accounts, which Glitchless has no problem with.
3) Furthermore, the restrictions on free accounts help keep the in-game economy as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

Why pay anyway?

Read the aforementioned bonuses received when upgrading your account.

If you don't like the game and don't have the money to pay then you shouldn't pay -- don't complain about it either.

If you like the game and don't have the money to pay then you should figure out a way to come up with the money or learn to cope with the limitations of the free account -- don't complain about it.

If you like the game and have the money to pay then you're golden.

If you like the game but think the price point for upgraded accounts is too high (leaving you otherwise unsatisfied with the game), you are welcome to write a detailed post on the forum about why and maybe you can make an argument that is compelling enough to get it changed (that, essentially is how we went from AT to RT after all).

Why is complaining not welcome?

Complaining is not welcome because this game represents a service whose use by you is entirely at your option. The company providing this service wishes to profit from their work and so will design it in the best way they see fit to ensure those profits.

And if you just plain don't think it's fair, then somebody forgot to page me when life became fair. All I can say is I'm sorry.

------------------------------------------

In conclusion, Nodiatis is an MMO programmed by one man. If you enjoy his work (this is what he does for a living) and feel like your time spent with it is worthwhile, then pony up the dough. It will allow him to continue to add features to Nodiatis and to create other games in the future.

And again, all suggestions and criticisms are welcome on the forum but complaining is not. The more well-thought out and well-written your suggestions and criticisms are, the more likely they are to make an impact on the developer and the game itself.

Happy Playing

Last edited by Somneil; 07-12-2008 at 05:01 AM..

Old 07-12-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well made explanation somneil good work