Assorted Tips
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Annatar

Default Assorted Tips

- IMO Max damage is more important than average (and min) damage for Piercers and Archers. Piercers and Archers get the luxury concentrated stats for accuracy and damage. The average DPS on my dual wielder higher than my archer, but my archer kills almost twice as fast. Hitting twice with 39's (and less delay) does not compare to hitting once for 143. I can't say anything about slashers and crushers.

- Try to upgrade to the next weapon if it will increase your max damage significantly and is less than 2 or 3 levels away.

- Level up. Do not raise stats too differently. Level difference is a key component in accuracy for both melee, missle and magic attacks. Leveling up also increases your overall experience gain when fighting higher monsters. This does NOT mean raise stats equally. Raise stats so -20% stats raw exp equals +20% raw exp. Do your own math to solve this.

- Archers should keep Trishot equal to their level. Mathematically, it is the best skill to increase DPS and it helps that it is independent of hitting the first shot. Trained Eye/Flameshot is next. Flameshot > Poison Arrow. And lastly, the crits skills. Ambush is also a great skill that will speed up battles for a small price, I recommend raising it to -20 your current level rounded up to the nearest hell level.

- Raise a clothworker and an enchanter (if you have a team of 2+) so you can make +Cnt -Int/MRe/PSt stat enchantments. Easiest stats to raise without investing much crafting time. I recommend passiving crafting stats and crafting once in between battles.
- Following up with the above point. I recommend raising 1agi/2dur or 2agi/1dur for Defense level ups. Use enchanting stones to buff Cnt. Melee/Range should aim for -Int. Casters are screwed, but I suggest -MRe.

- Intentionally do not heal the tank all the time in your team so the AI will attack it more often. AI often likes to attack the player with the lowest current HP, and having more possibilities of being targeted.

More to come.....

Last edited by Annatar; 07-03-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Mathrin

From my understanding and my experience, crushing benefits in a similar way that piercing does with stats. As it stands now, I think crushing and peircing are the two best melee skills for a beginner. Str normally allows a player to more often reach the top end of his/her damage range. While using crushing weapons, STR also increases chance to hit. Piercing works in the same way but reverse, Dex normally allows better hit chance and when using piercing weapons, Dex increases chance to hit higher damage range.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Kieria

Nice tips Annatar, it seems I was doing a lot of the same things you were, minus the enchanting though! To everyone else, I would definitely give credence to what tips Annatar offers, there is a good reason why he's #1

Assorted tips
Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Walstib

Default Assorted tips

I found it more rewarding to stay on docks as long as possible.
So I leveled only one main stat skill the whole time, and the other 3 stat stills I leveled to just short of dinging. I also raised as many of my non-stat skills to level 2 in this time.

I found the quick battles of the level 0 mobs (before they become trivial) seemed to be better than the long battles of the level 1-2 mobs. Once I reached level 3, I went back to normal stat building.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
Camli

An addendum to Walstib's tip.

Get Diabolism to 1 as soon as possible, and buy the apprentice staff and an Ashen Thoughts gem. Equip staff, place gem in first slot, proceed to farm the docks with ridiculous speed.

The gem does 8 damage. Both enemies on the docks have 8 hit points. You're guaranteed to kill them in 10 seconds or less, and given the time to loot, and load into battles, you'll just barely stay under the 15 second chest restriction. It's much, much faster than killing foxes (28 hp) and snakes (50 or so hp) for a while.

DoT gems appear to be the best way to run a caster at the moment, since the damage stacks up with multiple casts. Enough recastables to fill all but one gem slot, and the rest DoTs to cast as you draw.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
spartanairborne

thank you Camli for providing some numbers that non-beta players may not know just yet.
By the way, can we get a list of HP for all creatures and bosses compiled?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Camli

Hah, that's as far as I've gotten. Maybe at some point i'll start cranking out numbers on more enemies, but those are just what i've noticed from casual observation.

The point is, though, that the enemies on the traveler's way are at least 3 times harder to kill, but don't give 3 times more xp and loot. Stick to the docks as long as you can.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
spartanairborne

Ill start keeping track of the damage i do to creatures and try to figure out some of them, but yes, thats about as far as ive gotten too, lol.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well this a fairly interesting disscussion though its not the model i use on my char though its not that different from it