Training levels
Old 07-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Jaqen

Default Training levels

Kindof a complicated question.
Say you are lvl 10. If you are training a skill, we'll say slashing, to lvl 11, will it train at the same rate as if it is lvl 50?
Conversely, if you are training slashing at lvl 1 (and your character lvl is 10) will it train at the same speed as if it was lvl 9?

Basically, how does training skills that are not at your level work? I hope this isn't a really stupid question.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

do you mean active or passive training?

If active you need to offer trophies in seer his pub. The amount you get is determined by your learning skills and by the value of an individual trophy.

Say all your learning skills are 0, you are level 50 and have 40 slashing, then offering an identical trophy should give you the same xp as you were a level 10 with 8 slashing. Note that leveling a skill beyond your playerlevel will give you less xp (xp penalty).

Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Administrator

I think he means active, and yes they will train at the same speed if the skill is below your level as it would if it is at your level. If it is above your level, however, you will get an experience penalty.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Jaqen

Thanks Glitchless. That's exactly what I meant. One more follow up question. Does the penalty increase the higher the level of the skill? Same example as before, will training slashing at lvl 40 have the same penalty as it would if it were lvl 11 and the player were 10 or will the penalty increase the greater the level difference

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

Leveling up a skill from 10 to 17 at player lvl 10 or leveling up a skill from 70 to 77 at player lvl 70 will have the same % punish.

ummmmmm
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
hamsterbytes

Default ummmmmm

I think I noticed the penalty becomes more as the higher it gets above your base lvl. I cood b wrong, but it did seem that way the past couple days as I have been buying trophies to lvl skills above my base lvl to obtain higher lvl wpns and such. I am trying to b more positive since most of my post have been negative so check it out and c if I am correct and let me kno plz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqen
Thanks Glitchless. That's exactly what I meant. One more follow up question. Does the penalty increase the higher the level of the skill? Same example as before, will training slashing at lvl 40 have the same penalty as it would if it were lvl 11 and the player were 10 or will the penalty increase the greater the level difference

Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

It keeps increasing until 10 levels above your player level. Once there, the penalty stays the same

So if your player level = 10, the xp penalty will increase per level until the skill is 20. But the penalty to go from 19 to 20 is the same as from 20 tot 21, 21- ...

Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Jaqen

Cool. That answers my questions very well. Thanks all very much.