Continual, Never-ending vs HoT
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Colruth

Default Continual, Never-ending vs HoT

I Quote Glitchless:

"The bonus of the Priest class will now be applied to all healing effects including continual never-ending heals which it previously did not effect."

I Quote In-Game Skills

Healing says "Every point in this skill (...) by 0.4%. This includes healing over time but not never-ending, continual healing gems.

Eternity says "Every points in this skill increases the effect of never-ending, continual hit point, mana, and energy repleneshing gems by 0.4%.

So...

If Healing increases HoT but not Never-ending gems, what is the difference?

Thank you

P.S: I am a Priest and still has to see my class enhancing bonus affect either Sylvain Restoration, Gradual Repair or Gaia's Blessing.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
Decker

HoTs use mana/energy never ending is the one that doesn't use mana or energy

Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
HoTs use mana/energy never ending is the one that doesn't use mana or energy
Gradual repair & Sylvain restoration are using mana/energy but not affected by Healing skill. So, I believe Jeff considers these gems as never ending.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Ehlmaris

Never ending is the gems that automatically repeat. HoT is an inverse DoT. It's an effect that heals a specific amount over a static period of time. Example: The regen effect from epic bows. It ends after a while.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
Emperor006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlmaris!
Never ending is the gems that automatically repeat. HoT is an inverse DoT. It's an effect that heals a specific amount over a static period of time. Example: The regen effect from epic bows. It ends after a while.
The regen effect is actually derived from epic Arrows, not Bows.

But Ehlmaris is right, there are currently 0 HoT gems. Of all the healing gems currently available, you have a choice between the single use "big white heals" (Heaven's Glance, Healing Touch) or continual, never-ending green and/or white gems (Sylvain Restoration, Gradual Repair, Gaia's Blessing).

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Colruth

That doesn't make sense.

There's no gem, that heals over time but which ends after a given time. All the gems that heals over time are never-ending as long as they are active.

I assume the no cost theory is the most fitting, but the wording still makes no sense.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Emperor006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colruth
There's no gem, that heals over time but which ends after a given time.
Exactly. =P

Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Ehlmaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colruth
That doesn't make sense.

There's no gem, that heals over time but which ends after a given time. All the gems that heals over time are never-ending as long as they are active.

I assume the no cost theory is the most fitting, but the wording still makes no sense.
ORLY?

Note to playerbase: If Jeff starts talking more and more about something that doesn't exist in Nod... It's about to.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Emperor006

Thanks tips.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
Charles raven

wow profound :P