easy walking
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
nathralas

Unhappy easy walking

its not rly fun to fight yourself through every spot when you r walkign a certain path.
when i want to go to ashen trail, i need to fight almost every spot i go to. there should be a way to go further without always fighting monsters.
cant you just have no encounters and only fight a mopnster when you want to? or at least make the chance smaller that you encounteer something(bosses dont count in this)

Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Rare Collector

Raise exploration and/or save up or buy with real life cash the upgrades.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
sherman

It's funny how just about every week we see the exact same complaints from noobs.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
nathralas

@faithfull servant: just to let you know, i dont pay for a game. and how do you train exploration? i mean i only know the beginner town.

@sherman:dont start calling everyno a noob, i cant stand that. but thats off topic. i probably overlooked it when i was looking for a post like this 1

Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
sherman

Obviously you are since you don't even know how to train exploration or any other adventuring skills. I hope that hint was enough.

Last edited by sherman; 07-04-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

So much help and love...

If you walk to towns, make sure exploration is the active skill (has A beside it) so you can level that. It decreases your chances of hitting monsters. That being said, at low levels you're pretty much stuck hitting them constantly unless you have accell ($50 upgrade). We've all been there and made it through... it's annoying for sure

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
Auction Master

ummm he only knows beginner town, that would be t1, yet he is walking to ashen trail, which is near t2.... strange

and at that lvl, there are no greys

Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
nathralas

@flipynifty: thx for telling it. at least someone whom understands new people.
thx for the answer so now i will do as you say

@tridius: i was going to ashen trail for a quest not any further or so. i know there are 3 cities, at least i think so. perhaps i was a to low lvl. i was lvl 3

well thx for the answer. and ow yes flipy, you can train is passively to so that helps a lot to

Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
Epic Scholar

littering and.. littering and...

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
nathralas

Question

what do you mean by that?

Old 07-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
It's funny how just about every week we see the exact same complaints from noobs.
Quote:
Obviously you are since you don't even know how to train exploration or any other adventuring skills. I hope that hint was enough.
So what do you win by telling a new player that he/she is a noob? You feel happy now and does it boost your self esteem?

This is a new player that finds his way to the forums and asks a pretty normal question. A large part of the more 'experienced' players even fail to do that.

No reason to be a jerk towards new players asking genuine questions on the forum.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
So what do you win by telling a new player that he/she is a noob? You feel happy now and does it boost your self esteem?

This is a new player that finds his way to the forums and asks a pretty normal question. A large part of the more 'experienced' players even fail to do that.

No reason to be a jerk towards new players asking genuine questions on the forum.
Yet if this new player searched the forum archives, I bet he/she would have found the answer to his/her problem without having to ask it.

Seeing the same question over and over makes me realize something, the people who ask the same question don't bother to look around for the answer first.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Mordrid

Interesting i was roaming in group following soemone with level 70 explore and still ahd many randoms lol, a lot has to do with luck imo.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathralas
what do you mean by that?
Sorry I was on a Super Troopers kick.

Passive advancement is quite handy for passively leveling skills. However I don't know if i'd recommend using it for Adventure skills because there are just so many skills you would want to passively increase. Please don't take anything I say and follow it exactly, build as you will.

What I do is walk from t2 (stronhad) to t3 (fenelia) back and forth as those monsters only take one hit if I run into them.... At your level this isn't quite so easy. Take all those monsters you run into (unless they're grey) as a nice little exp boost as you go. It may be redundant, but as you level you'll appreciate any and all exp and trophies.

Cyx, exploration is for greys and all non-boss chars. Static locs are set if you and or a group member needs that boss. So if you're exploration is high, you have more chances of not only missing greys but missing blacks, pinks, reds, etc.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga

Thank you Zenga. Yes, this kid could have searched Sherman, but the searching takes a LOT of time and isn't too effective. This is what forums are for. Don't want to answer newbish questions? Then don't.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #16
nathralas

well thx everyone(exept sherman) for their answers.
i know what to do now.
and flipy, you can do the learning skills seperatly from all the others so if i higher passif advancement then i can higher exploration to.

but still thx everyone. you may close it now

Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Auction Master

on trials we have a small chance not to encounter mobs, exploration skill works for trials of all lvls and grey, at lvl 3, nothing is grey, thus explo is useless, once he has greys (which he prolly has now, or wil have soon enough) its a great skill to have

Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrec
Thank you Zenga. Yes, this kid could have searched Sherman, but the searching takes a LOT of time and isn't too effective. This is what forums are for. Don't want to answer newbish questions? Then don't.
I didn't answer his question in a straightforward manner. I did however provide clues on how he could find the answer on his own.

As a teacher I hoped you would agree with me being tired of everyone expecting answers on a silver platter instead of searching for the answers on their own.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
As a teacher I hoped you would agree with me being tired of everyone expecting answers on a silver platter instead of searching for the answers on their own.
Touche Sherman, sorta kinda.

Yes, as a teacher I want my students to look for the answers, and in so doing learn critical thinking. But, I also want them to ask when they are confused so that I can help direct them to answers, or provide clarification.

At any rate, three things.

A) This is not a classroom, nor am I teaching.

B) I don't believe that English is the original poster's first language, and he seemed to be having difficulty understanding Flip's answers. Searching the forums can be confusing, and would probably have been difficult for him.

C) He asked the question, how much more difficult is it to simply answer vs. being a jerk about it?

I know that when I started, I asked a LOT of questions of more experienced players, and in fact still do. I hope that everyone would feel comfortable coming to me with questions, and am puzzled by your seeming determination to be as unapproachable as possible.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #20
sherman

I gave a hint, should have been enough. That is all I have to say on the matter of his question.

Back to my original point. Constant recurring questions leads me to believe that searching the forums first would answer that question.

His English is bad? Searching the forums and reading would actually improve his English.

Me unapproachable? Yup, I prefer people not bug me.