My build
Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default My build

My build:
After recent discussions and alot of reading and questions, i decided to do a deathmatch and reroll. My idea was to play a vampire using crushing weapons, damage pets, aura and healing gems. My specific goal of this build is to be PvP and a great PvE. So far at it is working excellently. At level 9 I was able to solo in s. pass, i did take roughly 60 hit point lose total, but in the end i was able to kill the mob. On the PvP front, i can usually win a duel against a player 1-2 levels above me. On rare occasions i can win duels against players 3-4 levels above me. I have not lost a duel to a player at or below my level yet.

How I level:
I level the same way until level 50. I level twice in melee, one time in defense, and one time in recovery to achieve one player level. At level 49 you will achieve level 99 melee, So at this point i would level one melee, two defense, and 1 recovery. Overall the goal is to reach 100 melee, 1 magic, 100 defense, and 79 recovery. This form of leveling slows down at about level 10 when you start to hit melee level 19+. This is not a bad thing becauce I like to keep the stats I use at or above my level and slower leveling equals more trophies.
Skill Points:
Melee Level- As a crusher i level only STR because it determines the amount of damage you do and alittle of it determines if you will hit the opponenet or not.
Melee- STR:3, DEX:0, PST:0
Defense- AGI:0, CNT:1, DUR:2
Recovery- PRE:1, MRE:1, REG:1
My Character at level 12:

Skills:
I like to keep all of my skills at my level and only two of my skills above my level. The skills i keep above my level are my weapon skill, so for me crushing. I also like to keep my suiting above my level. I suggest going 5 levels above your level so that you dont take to much of a experience penalty. Here is a list of skills that i keep at my level:
Critical Strike
Overcrit
Two-handed ( until level 20)
Parry
Combat Recovery
Impedance
Sorcery
White Magic
Green Magic
Mind Bending
Blue Magic
Grey Magic
Wizardry ( until level 10 )
Gem Handling ( until level 20 )
Petmanship
Predacity
Wound
Skills Past level 20:
Dual Wield
Double Attack
Crush Spec
Dual Parry
Combat Endurance
Combat Concentration
Healing
Shared Bliss
Eternity
Replay
Ferocity
Plunderfiend
Packmule
After level 40:
Smash
Banish Light
Grim Resolution
Null Mind
Everance
Manavault
After level 60:
Strikethrough
Battle Mending
And every 5 levels I save up some RT and i travel between towns and level all my adventuring skills.

Alot of people argue that i have no need to level parry, and impedance due to the fact that i dont level dexterity or contravention. I level them becuase i still have 102 pts in dex and 108 pts in contravention and i would rather have the chance to resist or parry and level those skills, then not having a chance at all

Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
AsylumDreams

Vamps should use archery and whips now with attack pets.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

I do use archery for opening shots, but i left that out do to the fact i dont level dex. You dont hit much with the bow but it is something to enchant for more STR and sometimes you can get a nice crit to open with.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
AsylumDreams

Archery damage has far more potential for healing than melee, even taking into account the delay. Levelling Cnc also means you get to cast DoTs to make up for that.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
AsylumDreams

I just read beyond the first sentence...
Why would you use two-handed if you get health from each individual hit.

DW+DA are the skills you need if you choose to be dumb and go melee. 2H is just an experience sink.

Last edited by AsylumDreams; 06-07-2009 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: adding a 3rd line

Old 06-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

I only use two-handed until level 20 because the Bone Bound Warclub is the best crusher until level 22 Crushing

Old 06-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Anyone, feel free to take this build and use it, or use it as a start to your own build. I wont care, it is here to help.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
AsylumDreams

Everyone, ask people in game for help. Preferably those who have got a char above level 40.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Temporarily Suspended

Not to be rude or something why do you keep posting your builds
No one Cares except you and your E-EGO (electronic ego)

Old 06-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

I keep posting builds, and keeps using them because, this one works. And Asyd i have been lvl 40 . And imo, i think Asyd and sapreavers builds arent that good. And btw Asyd, i was ive asked multiple level 70 characters about this. That is a pretty good stat build.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

And all of your opinions and comments are based on your personal grudge against me. I have you ignored in game, and i am no longer going to reply to any of your comments that are demeaning or sarcastic. Have a nice evening

Old 06-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

Your guide still sucks **** morrodin, do the planet a favor and hang yourself.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #13
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

This build can be considered as a classic build, regardless of the class. Many players have a similar build at the cap.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
AsylumDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrodin
And all of your opinions and comments are based on your personal grudge against me. I have you ignored in game, and i am no longer going to reply to any of your comments that are demeaning or sarcastic. Have a nice evening

Get over yourself?

My build at the moment sucks yes, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to do it. I had granny soloing spruce at level 2, and always being in black areas - coz she, like relic, loved the bigger cock.

This build is as effectual as dslut spring cleaning.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

I've gotta think that putting 0 points into AGI is going to be a mistake.

Also... there's no reason to level this way. It's much more time/resource efficient to level up to cap more evenly, then redistribute and get stat skills to 100 against higher level (higher exp value) mobs. And your skills will benefit from the higher value trophies as well

Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Auction Master

why both putting points in PRe and MRe if you're not going to use PSt and MSt?

if your Dur is going to be so high you need Reg as to not spend 5 minutes waiting for your health to fill back up. Redist and put everything into Reg is my opinion.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
Temporarily Suspended

I Have never posted my build anywhere actually the only reason my build seems weak is beacause I don't use the cookie cutter stuff and I have been experimenting with my skills since I started this game, once I finish my skills( not even close to getting my relevant skills up since I changed my style) I will glady fight your cookie cutter build, and personally I will be able to tank MUCH better then you once I am done

Old 06-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
Gem Pouch Expert

Ok, we will see then, i will porbably be level 70 by that time. And i dont use Zombie Claws, Ill Either have the Solar Impolsions or the Blood Spike Maces

Old 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Bane
why both putting points in PRe and MRe if you're not going to use PSt and MSt?

if your Dur is going to be so high you need Reg as to not spend 5 minutes waiting for your health to fill back up. Redist and put everything into Reg is my opinion.
I would still like the many and energy i do use to regenerate quickly. And as a Vampire it is rare that i lose more the 30 HP per battle.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
Temporarily Suspended

Of course you will use the solar implosion clubs or the 59s cause that is the cookie cutter thing to do. The "Cookie Cutter Builds" are like the dark side a quick rush to power but in the end its the people like me who find the "New' builds that eventually become the new "Cookie Cutters" because I am willing to take risks and don't care what people think this game is still fresh and ever changing and that is what your build has to do and eventually you have to change and if you keep telling people your build everyone will be like that and then you are no longer unique and original. Yea sure you may be strong and able to kill things fast but who cares if you need a guide to be able to a play a game where you have almost limitless freedom to build your character oh I am a melee I want to try being a caster now so you redistribute after getting your skills for casting up in a game like this with so much freedom people become overwhelmed because of options. so they seek out guides and follow them thinking they will enjoy the game more but like life what you are doing once you are 70 doesn't matter it is the journey it took to get there. I don't care if I am not level 70 by the time my college course comes or by the time Christmas is here because I will know I had fun experimenting with builds and trying to find my own way rather then following a premade guide it may be fun for some people like you to get to cap asap but then you are missing out on the fun of messing up with your own unique style. You can be anything in this game and you are rushing through the joy of mistakes and errors that cause you to grow and whats even worse you are sharing your build to people who might have more fun trying to find things out but are to ignorant to see the power of what you can do in this game.

That is why I feel sorry for you.

(summary)
your rushing through the game with out exploring the joy of experimentation going for the preconceived best with out trying to discover your own style.

sorry for the wall of text