necromancer help
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
dukeplatypus

Unhappy necromancer help

please help me, i am totally new to this gam.e and need assistance. I chose necromancer as my class, so what skill should I train and what armor and weapons should I buy and etc.?

Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Necrox

Read the guide to casters first. Then read the guide to angels also in this forum to get an idea on what to do.

Necromances excel in two types of builds only: Direct Damage and Damage over time. Choose 1 of these (I'm attempting to do both and it is difficult).

A DD build will require a bit of patience. A DoT build is a lot easier as there are less skills required.

Now, the hardest thing for a necromancer (and any other mage class) is: do I actually use the staff to do damage. Putting stats into dex & str will reduce the capability of the gems you have.

The only other kind of build you can go is a version of the angel bowmaster in the guide to angels that I wrote. It will be even more offensive than the angel version as there are no healing gems to rely on. I'd recommend only DoT gems with it to suppliment the damage the bow does, and that stats in dur will be required as you don't have the healing. I'm assuming with the necromancer's bonus, plus the dark patience skill it would work very well. It may work very well, or it might fall flat on its face. It would be a quick death either way.