archer
Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
ancientmariner

Default archer

im new to archer class and was wondering if i should level my defense stat? and if so, what attributes should i place

Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Smirnoff

Focus on melee (dex) and magic (cnc/int), level defense once in a while to make sure you don't get raped I suggest Dur and Cnt.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
Rat Slayer

You shouldn't neglect Agi either, it helps with your Kiting skill

Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Ath

Archer is quite easy to get good for PvE (that's how I built my char)

Melee: Dex and PSt. You don't need all that much Dex 300 is enough and that leave 100 points to PSt (at skill level 100)

Magic: Cnt Int. Both or either. Compleatly up to you. Cnt is my recomendation if you want to use only DoT gems, since DoT has predetermant damage, and Cnt makes it harder to miss.

Defence: All three. Dur and Agi is a little more important early on, and at higher levels you want atleast 150-170 Cnt, otherwise magic will hurt like hell.

Recovey: I've compleatly ditched this. I have 20 levels in it, and all of it into Regen.

Skills FAQ.

Flameshot or Posion Arrow. You choose what you like. Either one is good for it's own reasons. I went with Flameshot since I like 50% chanse of success at 100.

Ambush yes or no? Ofcourse, it don't do much in most fights, but sometimes it gives you a perfect trishot crit opening leaving you mob with 20% life left, nice to have but raise Trishot first.

Arrowrain is it any good? Basicly, no, I've been playing for over a year, I've had very few fights where I have multiple enemies. Most of the time when I do have multiple enemies, I've for play dueld three guys in mid 50's with my level 70.

Kitting good or bad? It's a rather sweet skill, especially in PvE and with 200ish Agi, then you'll Kite quite close to the % of the skill (around 20% of the time for me)

On all other skills. Raise them, they are better then not having them. Altho none is close to as good as Doubla Attack and Duel Wield, but we have to make do with what we have.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
ancientmariner

well... thank you for all of your advice