Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Warrior: advice about defensive stats and weapon setup
Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Viperuz

Default Warrior: advice about defensive stats and weapon setup

So I'm quite new here and I found nice info in the forum, but there still two things I'd like to know about warriors

1- My warrior is full str so he get no dex to help with parry. Does it worth to put points in agi? The info I found is that most chars spend defensive stat points equally in each stat 1/1/1, but my idea is to use 0/1/2 setup because the amount off parrys would be low anyway but the second setup gives me some more resistance.

2- The other question is about wich weapon setup produce the best damage at higher levels? One two handed crush weapon + two handed skill or two one handed crush weapons?

Alson sorry for my english, it's not may first leanguage

Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Auction Master

You'll need to put points into Dex. What good is high damage if you can't hit?
Agi and Cnt is need to avoid getting hit and to reduce the amount of magic damage taken in fights. Agi also helps with Parrying and Blocking.
Crushing weapons will be good later on but in the beginning the only good crushers are the Bone Bound Warclub and maybe Ball and Chain.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Viperuz

Str description in game says: str also plays partial role along with dex in how often you will hit with crushing weapons.
I thought str for crushing is the same dex is for piercing, gives hit and damage, it's not like that?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Auction Master

It does help with accuracy with crushers, but it doesn't do all the work. You need Dex to help with the accuracy. With piercing, Str and Dex even out for damage but I don't know if it is the same with crushing.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

I have not noticed a difference in accuracy using crushing weapons between 100 or 300 dex. I do notice a big difference between 350 and 500 str. The parry is a thing worth activating though. Therefore I do have (at 100 melee) around 200 dex and the rest str.

As for pve, agi ain't really making a big difference vs mobs. If you are strong enough attacking wise, it's safe to put points only in cnt/dur (however i like the 1 agi, 2 cnt, 6 dur spread myself to be able to parry and dual parry).

So you can go basically for the full str, full cnt/dur build; but I don't advice it. Also keep in mind that you can redistribute your stats when you don't like it.