Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Do unto vs Incidental redirection vs Discourage jeweling
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga
Default Do unto vs Incidental redirection vs Discourage jeweling

I was a bit confused (maybe cause of the english ) so far, so tell me if i understand this correct:

Do unto rank
the next detrimental gem used on you will trigger this gem and have a 66% chance of being mirrored unto the caster as well.

this means that the spell *will* hit you but that there is a chance that the same damage will be done to the caster?

Incidental redirection
the next detrimental gem used on you will trigger this gem and have a 33% chance of being reflected back to the caster

this means that there is a 33% chance that the spell won't hit you but send back to the caster?

Discourage jeweling rank 4
The next detrimental gem used on you will trigger this gem and have 66% chance of being prevented

there is a 66% chance that the spell wont hit you?

now i wonder: if it's send back to the caster, will it hit the caster always, or if he has an incidental redirection up, will it be casted back to me? (kinda ping pong). and how do restance auras relate to this?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Auction Master

yes, yes and yes

hmm that would be pretty cool, and i supose if your lucky (or unlucky) it can happen.

i have no idea

Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

seems to me that the reflection (incidental redirection) can be resisted ... which 'sucks'

Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Auction Master

lol

Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Blueack

I was going to make a thread similar to this one, but I forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Zenga.
One thing I would have pointed out, though, is that reflecting and actually connecting might be tied to your cnc. You can reflect all you want, but what says the spells will actually make contact? Still unsure.
The wording of the gems' description is a little iffy, and I see exactly why you may have misunderstood them, but you seem to have got the overall concept right.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
Emperor006

i like pong.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Also, I don't know if this is related to the ping pong Z referred to in the OP but I did notice that if I cast a DD spell in daze on myself as a wizard, the mirrored blade skill CAN activate (same message that incidental redirection yields also) and it WILL always reflect the spell back at it's caster (in this case of a self cast >> ME) so that's kinda LOL

Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Ath

If using two gems of same type, both goes of at once, but if you have diffrent ones up I think it's the first one up that activates first, and if that one fails, none of the other will activate on that gem (what I've seen on my use of those gems (admitedly I'm not 100%))

And resistance aura is most likly rolled prior to anything else, then prevent from epic pets, then your gems, and then chanse of avoiding and then what damage it will do... Or in an order following like this, that is after all how computer "thinks", but it would be nice to know what order it is so you can make some plans based on it =P

Old 05-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
Necrox

This question was asked a while back (I think in the bugs) and Jeff's answer was these gems work from left-to-right on your gem slots. As soon as one goes off, then that's it - the rest won't (so you can't do a do unto,then reflect).

I'll have to search for that post later....

However, it did not say that if you used a do-unto that the spell could not be resisted through the normal non-spell-gem means. Easist way to check this is with Do-unto and the blue-resistance aura. I'd have to check that with Necrox one day, unless Jeff can do a reply for us again.

Unfortuantely I can't remember if it is resitance before gems. I do remember that the daze-immune gem is always last.

EDIT: And no, it can be resisted by the mob (which usually happens). You then don't get the reflect message so you just see your gem disappear with a resist message on the mob.

Last edited by Necrox; 05-04-2009 at 12:56 AM..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

Idk I;ve seen a few times that it's possible to both resist (prevent message via the gem) and do unto O.o

Old 05-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Nosebatter

What I'd be interested in is whose stats count to determine the chances of the reflected spell being resisted / doing full damage - the original caster or the one who used the reflect gem? The former would mean that Do Unto is quite "meh" for staff wielders.