Rush of Knowledge
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Nosebatter

Default Rush of Knowledge

When compared to Active Acceleration the Rush of Knowledge skill really falls behind: Sacrificing 100 trophies worth 4 xp each will get you ca. 420 xp with every learning skill at 0 (5% base chance for a rush of knowledge), ca. 460 xp with Rush of Knowledge at 100 (less than 10% more) and ca. 525 xp with Active Acceleration at 100 (25% more).
Now I'm wondering whether or not this is intentional. RoK could be designed to be a kind of "learning xp sink". Or it could affect passive xp gains as well (give a chance to rush each tic). Or maybe I'm missing something altogether here.

Any ideas?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

choose the one you think will benefit your play style the most. my active accel is at 29, while rush is at 19.

even if you think its worse, there comes a point where your favorite skill takes a lot of exp to raise and its more beneficial to get 4 points in a lower skill than 1-2 points in a higher one.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Nosebatter

Well sure, it just seems strange that one level 1 skill is about one third as effective as another level 1 skill. And it's not really a matter of how you like to play when the math is clear. Of course you could level Rush of Knowledge higher than other learning skills, but that's like waiting for server reset before you sacrifice any trophies. (Dumb.)

Old 04-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
sherman

I find the Rush of Knowledge effective. Mine is only at 15 and I get decent amount of rushes that suit me just fine. I find no problem with it, however I also leveled Group Acumen and I solo group a lot to get as much exp as possible per fight.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Necrox

Ok, here's the rub...

Active accel > rush of knowlege. Rush of Knowledge + Rollover cap > Active accel bonus (all at same level that is).

But going over your level in xp isn't worth just levelling Active accell. It is better to do aa first then rok then rc. That doesn't count group acumen either. ga will give a good levelling bonus, but won't affect trophies. All depends on you build.

Personally, I level (to my level) in this order:
al
pa
aa
rok
ga
rc

Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

basically you should prioritize the training of your learning skills so that those you think benefit you most get lvled first and those that benefit least last simply try and keep them at your lvl

i myself have all my learning skills at 22 or 23 i try to keep them at the same lvl and currently all mine higher then my lvl

Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Necrox

I agree with the Doctor on that with one point added:

Active Learning is the only pre-level 20 skill that accellerates your learning skill speed. As such, if you want to increase your learning skills faster, this one should be increased first, and IMO more often if you have all your learning skills at your level.