Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Enchanting: Post your results, we'll see what happens.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Camli

Default Enchanting: Post your results, we'll see what happens.

Enchanting is a mysterious practice. We're on our own.

Alright, after some extensive testing, I've come to a few conclusions.

Enchanting is unpredictable. Yep.

Things that are guaranteed:

Left Column increases stats, Right column decreases stats.

Stat amounts are based on the tier of resources -- in other words, how difficult they are to gather. I've tested up to some Tier 3 stuff (Thistleberries, Garden Spider Silk/Thread), and they give +/- 3 to stats. I couldn't use them, as my Suiting (14) armor was too low level for the enchants. If you use resources of different tiers, the LOWEST tier determines the amount of stat adjustment. Hammock Spider Silk + Elderberries results in a +/- 1 point enchant.

The overall level of the enchants you can do is based on the resource input. For example, if you use 2 sets of tier 1 resources, you have a level 2 enchant. If you use a set of tier 2 and a set of tier 1, you get a level 3 enchant.

Enchanting skill 0 - Level 1 enchants
Skill 3 - Level 2
Skill 6 - level 3
Haven't tested past that, since I've exhausted most of my stuff.

Not Guaranteed:

The stats that get affected by your resources aren't always the same. I made 5 stones using Elderberry Dye and House Spider Silk. They all gave +1 Str, but varied between -1 Int, MRe, and PSt. It's even less predictable using resources of different tiers, or multiple rows of resources. Likewise, 3 stones using Garden Thread + Garden Silk gave me +3 Cnt, -3 Int or -3 (something else I forgot :P).

Still, there's *some* predictability. I assume resources that don't come out the same every time have only a few stats, but it means that testing needs to be much more extensive.

Also, at enchanting 5, I stopped gaining experience for Level 1 enchants (one set of tier 1 resources). Boo.

Last edited by Camli; 06-23-2008 at 05:42 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #2
Decker

any consistancy on which side of the enchanting window makes the negative stat and positive stat? that i'd like to know.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

ohh its like transfering but well more complicated lol

wow tht sounds nuts see what i can find out tht sounds kind of fun

Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Decker

only really helpful to lower levels I'd say. I'd like to see some high lvl enchantments

Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #5
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

yeh like 1 tht moved more than 1 stat at a time like +5 and - 5

tht be more useful xD

or transing as i am gonna call it would be insane

Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #6
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i think it depends on the materials you use for it as so far most only have access to low lvl materials so they can make high enchantments yet

Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

this enchanting stuff reminds me of Legends of norath to a point (not the actual method of making enchanting gems, but the adding of the gems to change stats) totally neato. can't wait to hopefully try it

-----------------------------------------------
Made by Nikki

Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Camli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
any consistancy on which side of the enchanting window makes the negative stat and positive stat? that i'd like to know.
The first half of my post mentioned that the left side gives positive stats, and the right side gives negative stats. I'll start using higher level resources once i get enchanting up a little. I also couldn't do 2 sets at once without at least 3 enchanting.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well looks like your going to test it out for us so we dont have to go through a lot of trail and error Camli

Old 06-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #10
Camli

I'm putting a lot of effort into crafting, right now. The new change to looting/gold REALLY helps, because i was almost out of money and still need a bunch of tools.

Results post for harbinger n team
Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Ruiner

Cool Results post for harbinger n team

So far...

obviously the one on the left is a plus and the one on the right a minus
each item corresponds to a stat and an ammount no doubt.

Crab silk- 1 int
Grass silk- 1 pst
Cave silk- 1 int

Also you cant use 2 stones with the exact same ability for a double effect you have to mix them up a little

of course there is a chance for different results to happen when certain combinations are put together also, lets work on this and get it down for at least all these noob ingredients. happy chanting

Last edited by Ruiner; 06-22-2008 at 01:23 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 04:21 AM   #12
Decker

House Spider Thread - 1 Cnt
Mongoose leather - Dex
Flounder scales - Int
Eggplant Oil - Reg
Mongoose carcass - Pst

Last edited by Decker; 06-22-2008 at 04:42 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 05:04 AM   #13
Decker

Alright after using tier 2 items i was getting some random enchantments like you were but i did notice if you use the same 2 items over and over you can recreate the same enchantment more often than a random one. (just a little more testing to be sure but so far thats what i've noticed.)

Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #14
Camli

Bumping because I modified the OP heavily. Boo for significantly less predictability than I was hoping for. Shifting some of my focus to testing out casters now, since I'm too lazy to harvest all the resources I need to keep enchanting :P

Old 06-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #15
Administrator

Some enchanting materials produce 100% predictability, others do not.