Pet Enchanting
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
ReDrums

Default Pet Enchanting

Enchanting an attacking pet with STR seems to help its dmg output...for Healing pets would INT boost its effect? or would it be a different stat? anyone have input? i have experimented with INT boost on a healing pet and i imagine it helps the avg slightly...but its kinda hard to tell. solid information from the proprietor would be appreciated as well :P

-Nnoitra

Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Nymm

Intelligence is for dealing with damage not healing. It determines how likely you are to do full damage with direct damage gems. It is also useful for archers in dealing max damage. I don't think you will be able to increase the healing of a healing pet.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
ReDrums

lol thanks for the mouseover but i read those.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
ReDrums

the only reason i thought INT might help healing pets is because it heals for damage in a similar fashion that DD deals damage...not like char heals that heal for a set amount. im almost positive str helps the pet deal more damage in attacking so there should be a stat that helps healing as well. of course this could be wrong so im still looking for input of any who have actually experimented with this. (stupid questions allowed, yes?)

Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
Nymm

I get what your saying, but Int isn't the answer. If anything Str is the answer. The pet heals you for what its damage is. For instance a seals damage is 6-32, and it will heal you for that. I will admit I haven't tried it though. Perhaps someone else has. No question is a stupid question IMO.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

jeff has answered this question before I believe (i'm pretty sure), just don't recall the thread (nor the answer)

Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
ReDrums

i was afraid of that, though i looked before posting i didnt find the thread either. poo

Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

I remember seeing that thread, and Jeff clarifying that enchating a pet 'would have the intended effect', but I've never seen a clarification on how pet heals are treated, i.e. if it's a melee attack/heal that str could affect, of if it's a DD Magic-like heal that could benefit from Int.