Flameshot stacking
Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Annatar

Default Flameshot stacking

Its rather difficult to test this right now with a low flameshot and all sorts of damage on a mob, but I noticed two possible bugs/features.

1. I've never seen two flameshots stack and it does 2hp/sec. It always seems to jump from 1hp/sec to 3hp/sec. I may just be missing it whenever it does stack.

2. I happened to get enough flameshots stacked to do 4hp/sec. But overtime, It never went to 3, 2 or 1 hp/sec. Are flameshots supposed to reset the 30 second timer and add on to the damage as it seems to be what I observed? Or is each flameshot supposed to be an independent damage source that stacks [temporarily] while it overlaps?

Old 06-16-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
Decker

i have seen it stack but i've never witnessed more than 3 damage per tick nor have i seen more than 2 burning happeneing within 30 seconds to to notice more damage per tick.

i have noticed it doesn't reset after the first 30 seconds after the first burn, i've seen it go back down to 2 or 1 damamge per tic or that could just be from pets. some solo testing without a pet might help, i'll try to do that in a few days after i've finished a few goals i've set.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
Administrator

The way all same dots stack in Nodiatis is the following:
Player creature gets dotted for say 30 damage over 30 seconds.
10 seconds later he gets dotted again by the same dot but the original dot still had 20 damage to do... the new 30 damage is added to the remaining 20 and the timer is reset to 30 seconds.
The actual amount of damage dealt each "tick" depends on how much time elapsed between ticks which can vary.

Also note that after double checking the code there were some slight changes that will make the tick damage round properly instead of truncating. So initial damage might be slightly higher on some dots.