Foraging?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Somneil

Default Foraging?

Is anybody practicing Foraging yet?

If so what kinds of things are you getting?

I'm trying to track down where tea leaves come from.

Also, does anyone know what tool is needed to make dyes and where to get it?

I'll work on this stuff tomorrow when I have more AT, but I can't yet check the T4 shops anyway, so someone respond!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

check the equipment and weapons topic there it says where most items are bought

Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

i will look in T4 when i get there

Old 06-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Thom

I think tea leaves come from foraging or gardening.
I also think you can use the Oil Boiler to make dye, cause it says you can extract oils from fish and vegetables, but i'm not sure.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i think dyes might be made by crushing leaves berries and that kind of thing and then adding either oil or water to the crushed leaves and berries thats just what i think but not sure

Old 06-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Somneil

Ok to answer my own question for anyone else looking at this thread for answers.

Yes tea leaves come from foraging. The first three tiers of foraged items are elderberries, tea leaves, and raspberries.

Gardening has nothing to do with dyeing as far as I can tell. Vegetables from gardening are used in an oil boiler to make oils. They may have other uses, but that's what I've gathered so far.

Foraged items are made into dye by processing them in a Dye Press, which costs 2500 and is bought in T5.