Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > News and Announcements > Server Status

Server Hardware Upgrade Pending
Old 02-12-2020, 02:25 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Server Hardware Upgrade Pending

We don't have an exact ETA right now, however, we have a new server currently in provisioning that will have better significantly performance.

Specifically, there are times when server response is being delayed by synchronized database file I/O. From the player's perspective, this would be seen as a minor lag spike where it takes a fraction of a second longer than normal for an action to go through. According to our logs, this happens on the order of 5-10 times per day where the delay is over 100ms. You would only be able to notice this if you happened to be doing an action at the exact time of the hiccup, however, today there were two spikes of over 700ms, which almost anyone active at the time would notice.

The new server is expected to alleviate this problem entirely with specs that are 20x faster for random file I/O.

Since this will be a complete server migration, we are predicting a period of 2-4 hours downtime from start to finish.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:35 AM   #2
Administrator

Note, if you are currently using the direct server IP to connect to Nodiatis and avoid content blockers, for instance on a school or work network, (see FAQ question: I am getting blocked because of my school/work filters. Is there a way around them?) then you will need to check the FAQ again after our server migration for the new direct link which will have a unique IP and port that differ from the one used by the typical URL.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
Administrator

ETA is now 1-2 days.

After the downtime comes the darkness.