Stalking skill and "whip user"
Old 02-04-2020, 06:54 PM   #1
Zan
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Stalking skill and "whip user"

Hey Glitch

I'm back and trying out some new builds and ended up striking an issue that is either just bad wording or a bug.

If I am dual-wielding a whip and a non-whip weapon, the pets attacks get out of sync over time even though they have the same delay (its the same pet type).
Since stalking states "... up to 40% for whip users and up to 50% for others." it seems that one whip should be enough to put me on the 40% category, but is not the behaviour we get.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #2
Seer's BFF

While I'm not sure it's from stalking I too do randomly experience my pets getting out of sync in their attack occasionally, I've never been able to pin-point what causes it though. I know it's not delay carry over from other pets because all my pets on my suits for each set are the same so they have the same delay.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #3
Administrator

It works the same as Taming and Fire and Ice, the pet is affected by the whip on its same side. We'll change the wording to make it clear.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
Zan
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
It works the same as Taming and Fire and Ice, the pet is affected by the whip on its same side. We'll change the wording to make it clear.
Oh, good to know. Thanks for the reply.

And just to make sure its not the same case: does predacity skill work the same regardless of 1 or 2 whips?
It states ".. when using at least 1 whip your pets have ..", so I assume even with one whip both get the same base and bonus.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...ad.php_t=17660

Reported this 6 years ago. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
In that case I suggest a re-wording of the skill to specify that a whip must be equipped on the side of the pet to have a 40% slow.
__

And yes, Predacity only requires one whip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.