Mesmerize Gems
Old 01-02-2020, 08:16 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Mesmerize Gems

I was looking at gems and I noticed something seemed off?

If you look at my mouse cursor you can see i highlighted both gems.

the mana/energy cost on one is insanely higher, while the level requirement of each gem is the same, the cheaper gems are actually BETTER than the more expensive ones due to costing so much less mana / energy.

Not that Mez is relevant anymore, but I was testing them in 1v1 against certain matchups.

On an side note, Annuran Supplications being quake/flood proof make these mez gems even worse. I suppose a Staffer could have an easier time running them, maybe?

Back on topic, i'll look more into store gems and see If anything else seems odd or out of place. This post isn't a bug per se, but it just seems out of place.

Last edited by Lakki; 01-02-2020 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

the same does not apply to Daze Gems. The Duration is different , the 190 mana / energy gap yields a .5 increase. granted its pretty small

Stun Gems seem to make the most sense , since you don't want Incaps to be too OP, however the mana/energy gap is still pretty nuts

Last edited by Lakki; 01-02-2020 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-02-2020, 08:36 AM   #3
Epic Scholar

This has been discussed before, glitch wouldn't change it.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxson
This has been discussed before, glitch wouldn't change it.
Do you work for Glitchless? you probably should have worded that sentence as " This has been discussed in the past, and that it is unlikely for him to change it for specified reasons."

There have been things in the past that he has said wouldn't be changed, that later had been changed. Remember unsoulbounding LG's and the server 2 merge?

My whole point of the post is that the mesmerize gem seemed out of place. I'm asking the developer a question, and If he wants to say. "everything is working as intended" Or "oh, maybe that does seem off that two gems of different ranks, and the cheaper costing gem does the same thing (exactly) should be changed" That's up to him.

As far as me bringing up annuran supplication, it's the counter part to mez. It was slightly relevant to the topic at hand.

Glitch makes the decision on telling us no, not you.

With my spare time, With all the balancing changes going on with this game, I'm going to look more into the gems, and see if there is anything that is too overlooked. We've seen LG balances, We've seen some armor changes (like samurai and helrams being relevant in the past), Now i wanna see if the gems, or basically our "cards" are as balanced and as good as they should possibly be in current day Nodiatis

Last edited by Lakki; 01-02-2020 at 09:08 AM..

Old 01-02-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

omg I wanna mezz someone nao

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 01-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
Administrator

It shant be changed. The ranks of these gems were introduced during different times. They follow no hard set rules. Read and choose the right ones carefully based on what they do, not their rank.