Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

Sound stops working after sitting in town for a while
Old 12-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Sound stops working after sitting in town for a while

https://ibb.co/hFbKND1

Sat in town 2 and did nothing except queue for arena. Eventually my sound stopped working.

I closed the debug window as I thought it didn't have any detrimental effect on gameplay.

Was sitting at my pc reading something, ended up losing a match by being AFK because my gong didn't go off. I then PM'd a bunch of nodders, and sure enough my sound wasn't working after that debug thing popped up. I wasn't receiving the PM sound either.

I also pulled up my volume mixer to be sure that my sound was turned on, and yes it was, but the "Lakki" window completely disappeared from the volume tabs, as if my PC completely doesn't recognize the window.

https://ibb.co/hm3x3p9

The simple solution was just simply restarting the client, and the sound comes on perfectly again. And it even shows up here on the volume mixer But i'm wondering what causes the sound to randomly stop working? Is it just from using the client for too long? Or did my PC just completely give up on using sound from the client after a while.
https://ibb.co/wWG0dg7

I have no idea if i'll be able to replicate the bug again, But I will let you know if it happens again

Old 12-30-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
Administrator

Need to know when the debug window popped open and what possibly could have been the bad sound that triggered it.

Sound Issue
Old 01-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Sound Issue

Seems to happen when I sit idle for too long. Whenever I receive Private Messages, or enter combat against enemies, I cannot hear anything. This will be resolved by me closing and reopening the client, However the developer/debug menu seems to say that it's "Attempting to reset sound system" , but nothing happens, and I still remain unable to hear anything.

I PM'd Roeth, he pm'd me back, and I didn't get the sound, after closing the developer window.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:49 AM   #4
Auction Master

Are you using hdmi, blue tooth or a usb headset by chance?

Old 01-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #5
Administrator

Pretty sure it's an issue with the OS putting sound hardware to sleep, the client losing access and not reestablishing it gracefully. That may not be fixable since we specifically use a very old Unity version to compile the game so that it runs on older windows computers.