Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic

Another rant! Hello all, and R.I.P Temarichan. ~ Lakki
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Another rant! Hello all, and R.I.P Temarichan. ~ Lakki

Hello Nodders! So for those of you who may remember me, I just recently had gone on a Nodiatis Hiatus again, this time for life, and career opportunity. I had enlisted and joined the U.S. Army and shipped to basic training around the 15th of May. I had finished basic training at the end of July. It was fun, and one of the most painful experiences of my life, physically and mentally.

BUT it was worth it! I learned a lot about the culture, I learned the limits that my body could endure, and ultimately it was a satisfying and exhilarating experience. Whether some of these days you were randomly woken up by a screaming drill Sergeant at 2:00 AM after you had just did a ruck march for 10+miles the day before. Or having to take all of your equipment and belongings down 4 floors of stairs because somebody lost their weapon. On top of that, always getting punished for others peoples mistakes.... a mind-crippling and sometimes frustrating experience. I will definitely never forget the first and second day; especially getting off of that bus haha.

For those who were wondering my APFT results, I scored 256/300

51 / 77 push-ups in two min, 75/76 sit-ups in two min ( yes I almost maxed it
out but the sergeant that day didn't count my last sit up)..., and lastly, 2 mile run
time was in 13:47, out of 13:00 being the max. google Army Physical Fitness Test for more info.

After I had arrived to AIT ( Advanced Individual Training) prior to graduating basic training, I went to learn my job in the army as a Machinist, Fabricator, and Welder. (91E) But when i got 4-5 weeks into my training, I was put on hold for medical reasons. I was stopped by a Sergeant one day, because for weeks at a time they had noticed my short-term memory was bad, I would fall asleep while standing up, and I was constantly on alert. I was spoken to by the Commander, military doctors and a psychiatrist. I was diagnosed with chronic Insomnia, depression, and anxiety. I was given some medication; however it only made things worse. So i was informed that the new medication I would receive would take a few months to get here, but considering how far behind in class that would have put me, I was recommended for separation from the Army by the command team, and the behavior health hospital because they didn't want the issue to get any worse. Which is the reason i wasn't recommended to restart class, or do another MOS.

So I was informed i'll be getting a honorable discharge, and that I can re-enlist into the military in 6 months to a year, however. I'm not sure if or when I'll re-enlist. However, i go home, roughly at the end of November, early December. If i do decide to, I want to make sure i'm mentally capable of doing so; as i don't want to waste the government's time or mine If i don't have to.

But my plan, so far. spend about 3-4k on a decent car that works, get a job that doesn't require me to work 14+ hours a day, and contact the Veterans Administration. I think for the time being, i'll work at a bookstore; grocery store, or coffee shop. Clear my head,... decide what to do next. What's a good job to have if you're an insomniac? I wonder...

I'm sure many of you guys know what it is like to put your 100% effort into something and things not work out, like a failed relationship, or a bad gamble with a business. Or simply failing a test, over and over again. But like I was taught, a FAIL is just your First-Attempt-In-Learning. A positive and healthy way to look at things, when things are tough; and if something isn't for you, it simply isn't for you. That's why we as humans are all each, and individually different in some way.

As far as Nodiatis goes, I'll probably start playing again in December,... My goal towards being the strongest piercer in the game is still stabbing away at your hearts and you know it

I wanted to thank you all for everything, your input. Your advice, being there for me, when people I knew in the real world didn't give a sh**, i'm sure some of you guys remember the rant i had about family is who you make it; you're bounded by spirit, not by blood. etc. from a person who grew up with a rough past, abusive and neglectful. My self-esteem and depression had risen to the point of self-corruption, isolation, and withdrawal from pretty much the world.

But as a person who is still an introvert, I'd say i'm becoming slowly more towards an ambivert. And for one of the few times in my life, I feel proud of what i have accomplished in the past two years; I had got my high school diploma, my trade certificate in HVAC, and gotten certified to handle all 3 types of refrigerant. As well as enlisted in the military; and my career in that may be short, but i'm glad I had given it a shot, and I personally feel that everyone should go into some form of military training or school. It really does open your eyes to all the little things in life that we take for granted and truly appreciate it.

Maybe going home for me is a blessing ; maybe God has a different path for me, i'm not sure but i'll figure it out. I remember growing up hearing from people that being an adult sucks, but maybe my childhood was so sh*** that being an adult I feel like i appreciate it more. Life truly does get better, just gotta work towards it.

I was given the resources; the good people who have given me their time and support, a trade school that was funded by the government, a high-school education and the growth from the Military. I had to put in the work though, nothing was just handed,... life isn't free, the only thing free is the air we breathe.

reiterating what i said earlier, most of you guys on this game were better than probably 90% of the people I've met, and i sincerely appreciate it. Keep doing what you guys are doing! its not just the internet; it's a resource. Whether it be a resource that some crazy guy uses to try and kidnap some 14 year old kid, or hack into someone's WoW account. it can be used for good, or bad doings. I've used it for the betterment of myself; and my closest friends. It is a great source of education, to pretty much everything.

I also wanted to give my condolences to player Temarichan ( Sakura), shes been my friend since 2012, I wish I could have had the opportunity to speak with her again, but I wanted to say thank you to her as well, not just for the time and advice ; but for being a good friend. Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed, and remembered!
__________________________________________________ _______________

Thank you all for your time and reading. I'll be back on nod soon enough! P.S. Glitch buff piercing plox, bai

Old 09-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
Auction Master

Did you get bummed a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #3
Crab Defiler

Why contact the VA? Are they going to keep you on their insurance for a certain amount of time?

Old 09-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Yes, since part of the reason for my discharge is medical.
@ Strelok

And yes I was bummed out 90% of the time @ Enduir

It was tough, especially when it felt like going through basic, and all the training I had went through was for nothing. The sleep issue bummed me out, then I got depressed, and on top of it had anxiety for no reason. A lot of nightmares and random wake ups when I sleep, to the point to where I couldn't function properly.

Last edited by Lakki; 09-28-2017 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Teh lulz

Old 09-29-2017, 01:00 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

Nice to hear from you again Lakki. I think it's great that you are taking charge of your life despite the unfavorable circumstances you encountered. Your view on the setbacks we experience and community that surrounds us is positive and inspiring. I want to reaffirm your realization that both hard work and a good environment are necessary to achieving the goals we set. It seems as though you have set yourself on the right track toward this end. I recommend searching for jobs within the federal government, which has a great record of employing honorably discharged veterans. I hope you find enjoyment in whatever you end up doing and look forward to talking with you again soon.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

Thanks for the message
We are all proud of you bro!

Old 09-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterarcher
Nice to hear from you again Lakki. I think it's great that you are taking charge of your life despite the unfavorable circumstances you encountered. Your view on the setbacks we experience and community that surrounds us is positive and inspiring. I want to reaffirm your realization that both hard work and a good environment are necessary to achieving the goals we set. It seems as though you have set yourself on the right track toward this end. I recommend searching for jobs within the federal government, which has a great record of employing honorably discharged veterans. I hope you find enjoyment in whatever you end up doing and look forward to talking with you again soon.
Man, I remember you had an internship for software engineering, last i had heard from you. It has been a while man,... We will talk soon for sure. I use Skype as my primary source of communication so be sure to add me. I'll be back soon enough tho, take care. I hope things are going good for you too my friend!

Old 09-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

My fianc?e considers herself an ambivert, and I could probably pass myself off as one... but that requires too much effort.
Nothing wrong with being an introvert.
Don't let anyone tell you different.
Introverts typically have a few CLOSE friendships, and don't need many friends... extroverts typically have MANY friends, and not many of them close.
Embrace your strengths, many people mistake the world as being unfriendly toward introverts... or that it is an "extroverted world" this isn't the case. At least 50% of the planet is just like you and I. Many are just pretending.

Sorry for the rant.
Be yourself, and improve as needed.

"I'm a man, I can change. If I have to, I guess." -Red Green

Old 10-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #9
Boss Hunter

Hah, what a snowflake!

Old 10-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #10
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Cool story bro..(no, srsly, good read)

Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #11
Epic Scholar