Newbie Questions
Old 02-28-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Neophyte

Default Newbie Questions

I just joined yesterday,playing a ranger,and currently I feel like everything in the game,bar the lv1 and 2 things,is beating my character into the dirt quite literally. The only way I've currently managed to get anywhere is that I spam Regen I gems liberally,and even then they aren't enough sometimes,when I hit for instance the Spruce Protector I'm fighting for 4 damage,and he responds hitting me for 20-odd.

I have been trying to work on my skills and armour,but it feels like I end up running 9-tenths of the time. Would you have any tips for a prospecting lv6 ranger?

Old 02-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

Best way to solve it is to tell us which server you play and character name - someone will inspect you and guide along

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
Boss Hunter

tinyurl.com/nodsacademy can answer some questions for you but without seeing your stats and gear can't outright say what may or may not be wrong.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Neophyte

Sorry about that I should've which server I was on. I'm currently on the s2 server. and I don't think I can link my stats and current gear unfortunately,or I would.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

An s2 player >_> so you're in Joanna's territory. I'm an s1er.

There is a feature called inspecting. /in playername will inspect them. Your in-game name is Peto I'm assuming.

Tip 1: Right click >> account options >> disable auto stat skill cycling.

Tip 2: Ignore recovery for now. Recovery is very lacking at early levels.

Tip 3: Agi is the most lacking of the 3 defense stats against monsters. Dur or Cnt would do more for the moment. Your armor is very lacking. Grind scorchedlands mobs if need be. Set class enhancement active if need be so you stop leveling. Get your protection skills up. Then try again.

Tip 4: The level 0 quiver is the best quiver until the level 13. Ditch your level 3.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
Neophyte

Thanks for all your advice. One more question,if you don't mind. Up till now I've been using a combination of 1 healing and 2 DOT gems,with a haste and a Gem that gives a -8% debuff to all ranged and melee attacks against me. However the fact that my DOT gems only do 2 damage per tick is not overwhelming so I've been thinking about ditching the entire thing and starting over,but I'm really not sure what gems would work best for me. What would you be using,if you were me? And I'm still thinking about joining a clan,as I understand there's a cost involved to the clan if I leave,so I'm still musing over the idea,as I would like to make sure the clan is one I'll be happy with.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:39 AM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

What is your character name ? Is it peto?

I'll ask someone to fix you up - we should get you epic bow perhaps (lvl 25) , at least lvl 13 armor and you don't have to worry about gems for now . With that setup you will blow monsters into ashes .

Buckle up ! Revange taste good.
We will look for you after 5 pm server time .

You can pm /t Joannatester

Old 03-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

Oh 1 more detail if you didn't do already:

Make sure your passive advancement skill in learning tab is at least 1.

Under adventuring skill mark "item stacking" as passive as you need at least 5 in it - makes it easier to dump trophies on altars by 10 not 5.

That's your homework and we will take it from there

Old 03-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

In case you do make an alt that doesn't get a bunch of help... I personally normally use healing gems at low levels. I can survive better focus more on raising damage stats more dps. So I don't really mind losing damage from dots. Your gem pouch will expand up to 50 slots as you level so plenty of room for dots later.

I normally use various ranks of sylvain's restoration, gaia's blessing, and gradual repair. They're all continuous heals with low mana/energy costs. Sadly they start being a bit lackluster ~ level 50. At that point hopefully you'll have a clan with vamp rune or be relying on regen. I do not recommend regen at low levels. Without runes and higher level gear/gems to boost it regen is fairly lacking. There is a decent epic regen gem at 50 called sacrigen (triples regen rate). It's big brother is sacrigenesis (quadruples).

Old 03-02-2017, 12:35 AM   #10
Neophyte

That's correct. My player name and my forum name are the same. I've been leveling the passive advancement skill like mad,it's currently at lv11 and rising as I was of the view that the higher it was,the better returns I got from it in passive leveling other non-learning skills.

Last edited by Peto; 03-02-2017 at 12:38 AM..