Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic

Hello to Glitch, to all + Why I'm on Hiatus
Old 02-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Hello to Glitch, to all + Why I'm on Hiatus

I wanted to say hello to all my fellow Nodiatis family members. I haven't played in months, i'm sure you are all aware of this; but i'm once again on an indefinite hiatus. I enjoyed discussing topics at-length that were usually of insignificant importance revolving Nod in the chats; as well as discussing topics that involve the game itself.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Just to let you all know, you are all family and families ALWAYS fight. Nodiatis is a game with slim to none toxic players..... Sure there are peeps here who absolutely despise each other, for one reason or another, BUT we all do what we need to get by. Trading, Communicating, regularly posting our ideas in the forums; speaking in the chats, bugging the HELL out of Glitch, and of course... Helping the Newbies!
__________________________________________________ _______________
My IRL situation has gotten better; I primarily stopped playing this game to focus on myself. I was missing high-school credits, my driver's license, and a part of my sanity. I moved out of my folks house at the start of my 5th year in High school. I was so discouraged and so depressed at times; I often had wished I was a different person. The thought of receiving my diploma at the age of 19 made me feel terrible (and my driver's license at 18); But i then realized it could be much worse. I refused to drop out, or get a GED because I knew the value that it represented. As a person with few IRL friends and has a family that is addicted to drugs, no parents, no siblings, and only one parental figure. I'm doing what I need to do to get by -- Playing games when I have the time, limited my time to my family members, ( or cutting them out of my life)

I know people say " Blood is thicker than water" but I strongly disagree, with that saying. I personally think that family is whom you are comfortable being around. If your family has done nothing but steal, abuse, neglect and ultimately treat you like crap, and themselves for your entire life, Are they your family? Should friendships, relationships, business, education, or life-changing decisions be missed out on because of "Blood"? No.... At least, not to me.
__________________________________________________ ________________

I will say too that many people on Nodiatis have life experience, and have been counselor's and good friends/ mentors to me, and I am grateful for that. You guys know who you are,... And even if you didn't give me hours of counseling, being my friend is enough. You are all truly wonderful people. Thank you
My solution to my issues is to join the Army. I've already went through the enlistment process, and I'll be shipping out in May. I'll be sure to stop by several times before then. ( I can already hear Sisix yelling, Join the Army, DO EET NAOOO!) :s, anyways. Thank you guys for your time, and reading my rants. P.S. Buff Piercing Plox.

P.S. Again, I've not forgotten my debt to a certain midget viking. May Glitch and he indulge in my bliss when I start earning income :s
__________________________________________________ _____________

Conclusion.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

Good luck brosephus!
Take care of yourself!
Try not to get shot.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Rare Collector

Good luck lakki where ever your feet take you. be safe out there!

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 02-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

eat sammiches

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 02-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

Miss you and your hair bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeygoesmoo
Soxson gave Magic Johnson AIDS

Old 02-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
I wanted to say hello to all my fellow Nodiatis family members. I haven't played in months, i'm sure you are all aware of this; but i'm once again on an indefinite hiatus. I enjoyed discussing topics at-length that were usually of insignificant importance revolving Nod in the chats; as well as discussing topics that involve the game itself.
Just to let you all know, you are all family and families ALWAYS fight. Nodiatis is a game with slim to none toxic players..... Sure there are peeps here who absolutely despise each other, for one reason or another, BUT we all do what we need to get by. Trading, Communicating, regularly posting our ideas in the forums; speaking in the chats, bugging the HELL out of Glitch, and of course... Helping the Newbies!

My IRL situation has gotten better; I primarily stopped playing this game to focus on myself. I was missing high-school credits, my driver's license, and a part of my sanity. I moved out of my folks house at the start of my 5th year in High school. I was so discouraged and so depressed at times; I often had wished I was a different person. The thought of receiving my diploma at the age of 19 made me feel terrible (and my driver's license at 18); But i then realized it could be much worse. I refused to drop out, or get a GED because I knew the value that it represented. As a person with few IRL friends and has a family that is addicted to drugs, no parents, no siblings, and only one parental figure. I'm doing what I need to do to get by -- Playing games when I have the time, limited my time to my family members, ( or cutting them out of my life)

I know people say " Blood is thicker than water" but I strongly disagree, with that saying. I personally think that family is whom you are comfortable being around. If your family has done nothing but steal, abuse, neglect and ultimately treat you like crap, and themselves for your entire life, Are they your family? Should friendships, relationships, business, education, or life-changing decisions be missed out on because of "Blood"? No.... At least, not to me.

I will say too that many people on Nodiatis have life experience, and have been counselor's and good friends/ mentors to me, and I am grateful for that. You guys know who you are,... And even if you didn't give me hours of counseling, being my friend is enough. You are all truly wonderful people. Thank you
My solution to my issues is to join the Army. I've already went through the enlistment process, and I'll be shipping out in May. I'll be sure to stop by several times before then. ( I can already hear Sisix yelling, Join the Army, DO EET NAOOO!) :s, anyways. Thank you guys for your time, and reading my rants. P.S. Buff Piercing Plox.

P.S. Again, I've not forgotten my debt to a certain midget viking. May Glitch and he indulge in my bliss when I start earning income :s

Conclusion.
Don't get yourself killed out there you bastid :{ I expect to see you back in nod in the following years. You have the tendency to be a hyperactive chipmunk that can be annoying. You're a good guy though. I hope everything works out on the path you chose.

As for the blood vs water... blood is overrated. You can't choose the blood you're born with. Water has more option. Anyone who puts up with endless bs and getting screwed over and such just because 'they're family' is simply a moron. The point of family is they're standing by you. If they're just jackasses why consider them family?

Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki

Conclusion.
Holy sh**, I have such a similar situation.. you have no idea.. difference is I'm still playing nod.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
Epic Scholar

Lakki has since shipped out in the Army. He is a qualified HVAC technician so he's likely to spend his career fixing stuff and never seeing any combat unless under attack. Good luck sir Lakki.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:25 AM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

Yeah
I'm proud of the guy.
He's got more schooling than me
Haha
having a trade or certification, definitely gonna help him not just be shipped out to be shot at.
I imagine the army gets plenty of schmoes who don't know anything except how to point a gun and shoot... better to have something real under your belt.
What sox said too