Old 12-31-2015, 07:27 PM   #21
Rare Collector

Quote:
Also the PC standalone app would be awesome, means it can be advertised/put on Steam as well which can then drive up memberships.
Absolutely support it! Steam is way better plantform than Newgrounds, I bielive. Many hardcore gamers are gathered there.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 12-31-2015 at 09:52 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #22
Rare Collector

Sorry for double post (was page load mistake)

Also besides primary wanted things, I think "Free face ticket" is something that can be done easely.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 12-31-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #23
The Eldest Pilgrim

Some really nice ideas here. Obviously I support anything that takes the tedium out of crafting, so I definitely support the Recipe Loader and crafting memory ideas, these would make crafting (and indirectly resourcing) a more enjoyable experience.

Hotzones is a great idea also, it adds an element of randomness to the daily grind. It will also make clans more useful as well, especially those that have their own clan sites where they can have an updated daily list of what zones are giving what bonuses for the day. Variety is good and essential to keeping players interested. It also allows for those that actually just like the daily routine to not be affected.

New Mid Level Zones - this I liked the idea at first, but having taken an alt through the quests recently, I think you have plenty of zones already. (your hotzone idea adds the needed variety)

Free Face Ticket - Id be careful here, sure its a great gift idea, but I don't know how Id feel if Id spent the 45tcs to get a custom face ($225) to see someone score one as an additional freebie.

PC/Mac Standalone Client and Nodiatis App: I only play on my home comp, so I really don't have an opinion on these.

Some great ideas here Glitch, I'm looking forward to seeing (some) of them done.

[

Old 12-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #24
Epic Scholar

Both of the crafting options top my list.

Second would be the app, followed by the client at number 3.

Mid level zone additions are fourth.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #25
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Hot Zones - I loved this idea as well until I read Dav's post. His words took some shimmer off of it for me... If it is discovered to be a bonus zone and then shared widely, isn't it just another way to bump our grinding and grind on? I mean I know that is the base line reason (but as I say in a lower paragraph - i want the adventure). If we share what the bonus zone is the excitement is killed... it's just another pot or rune or something.. I know it's more complicated, and probs less likely to hit a bonus zone, if it is randomized per toon each day, but I think the engagement in the game factor might stay more intact with that approach since it can't be taken advantage of in such a way - imo, we don't need another version pots/runes/tiers...

Craft Memory - Perk!

Recipe Loader - Perk!

Free Face Ticket - I do believe this is a good idea. I understand Dav's view on it (would def be frustrating to have spent and then see someone else pop up with a "free" face), but for it to be a surprise reward after having spent enough irl money on the game itself - if super rare - is fair enough.

New Mid Level Zones - Support! As most of you know... i'm slow leveler. I actually don't look forward to getting to a stale grind at the end (or rather to begin my rerolls any time soon). I love exploring and adventuring and more mid levels would allow a longer adventure, plus -hopefully- higher chances of reaching beast more often without needing to be high level. But i play weird.. lol

PC/Mac Standalone Client - Perhaps I don't have the issues that having the graphics stored locally would effect? I support the growth of the game, but don't know if this would make it grow....?

Nodiatis App - Full Support... I can't visualize what would be needed to accomplish this safely and successfully but - I like the possibilities of bringing in a little more income and getting awareness of Nodiatis out to new people. Perhaps a clause of the app is free if have an existing character when you first log into it... **JJGiggles, get off your booty and post that more players idea! I believe an app and your something like your idea could go hand in hand...**

Added Note -- Tsurguyb states:
"Creating a bot for a stand alone client is a lot easier in terms of avoiding bot detection. I believe making a stand alone client will have a negative impact on the game or the steps needed to prevent botters will be discouraging to normal players."
-- I'm not programmer enough to fully understand how it works, but a conversation on this opinion was attempted. I do however understand the concern - the possible weakness he sees and the resulting attempts to address it could be negative to all players. Anyway, I offered to post his opinion, each vote has value.

Okay... that's all my current wordy, two cents....

Old 12-31-2015, 10:51 PM   #26
The Eldest Pilgrim

Sorry to 'take the shimmer of it', but was meant as positive comment. Social interaction in a game is generally a good thing. Zones still would need to be checked daily for it to work. Also you can expect people in chat to be asking "where are the bonuses?" like they do with gate and recall potions. There is nothing preventing the player to go find out themselves where the bonuses are, clan websites for example, are not needed, but would serve a good function with it.

[

Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 PM   #27
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip
PC/Mac Standalone Client - Perhaps I don't have the issues that having the graphics stored locally would effect? I support the growth of the game, but don't know if this would make it grow....?

Nodiatis App - Full Support... I can't visualize what would be needed to accomplish this safely and successfully but - I like the possibilities of bringing in a little more income and getting awareness of Nodiatis out to new people. Perhaps a clause of the app is free if have an existing character when you first log into it... **JJGiggles, get off your booty and post that more players idea! I believe an app and your something like your idea could go hand in hand...**

Basically its the same thing. A standalone client, would be the same as a game client for a different game. Like GTA V for instance. You download the game and play it. This would be the same, allowing advertising to be done on different clients, like Steam, which has a free to play section. It would also allow people to have Steam Chats and groups dedicated to the game, much like the forum, that is accessible as an overlay.

The fact that steam has millions of users, and is more attractive to most gamers over a website, is a massive drive as to why I think it is a good idea.

Yeah bots are a concern, but they are no matter what. No game can 100% eliminate them sadly, but a standalone client also allows you to go the direction of bot protection software which stops of a lot of fools from trying it.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

It's Cool!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #28
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Default It's Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davross
Sorry to 'take the shimmer of it', but was meant as positive comment. Social interaction in a game is generally a good thing. Zones still would need to be checked daily for it to work. Also you can expect people in chat to be asking "where are the bonuses?" like they do with gate and recall potions. There is nothing preventing the player to go find out themselves where the bonuses are, clan websites for example, are not needed, but would serve a good function with it.
I totally agree, Dav!! I do think it is a great way to support the camaraderie of clans.. and of Nod in general. I didn't think you meant it badly. I was just expressing for me personally that I was looking for intrigue in game play, not really thinking of the social in that aspect.

It is definitely something I would share on OtCst's group.

Granted
Old 01-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #29
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros
Basically its the same thing. A standalone client, would be the same as a game client for a different game. Like GTA V for instance. You download the game and play it. This would be the same, allowing advertising to be done on different clients, like Steam, which has a free to play section. It would also allow people to have Steam Chats and groups dedicated to the game, much like the forum, that is accessible as an overlay.

The fact that steam has millions of users, and is more attractive to most gamers over a website, is a massive drive as to why I think it is a good idea.

Yeah bots are a concern, but they are no matter what. No game can 100% eliminate them sadly, but a standalone client also allows you to go the direction of bot protection software which stops of a lot of fools from trying it.

Absolutely true.. cannot avoid bots and other malware. I just share the concern of the restrictions that may come of bots/etc when they do happen. Although, I realize that such concern could stunt growth of the great Nod game... :\

As for stand alone.. if it is specifically offered through something else.. for example.. it's not for me. Just how I like things... so that effects my opinion.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:59 AM   #30
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip
Absolutely true.. cannot avoid bots and other malware. I just share the concern of the restrictions that may come of bots/etc when they do happen. Although, I realize that such concern could stunt growth of the great Nod game... :\

As for stand alone.. if it is specifically offered through something else.. for example.. it's not for me. Just how I like things... so that effects my opinion.
I highly doubt that glitch would do that. I would say he would keep his clients here, and have a downloadable version on here as well, and then id suggest going the route of offering it elsewhere as well. That way it keeps the current playerbase, and gives room for growth through a different platform and their advertisements. Would also allow to offer the packs as "dlc" through steam and give discounts there (and through everywhere else as well obv) which then gives it the ability to be advertised to the masses when they open the steam client, which can bring in new players again cause of discounts lol.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:31 AM   #31
Seer's BFF

I like the hot zones idea, it would be cool in addition to this the higher the zone the greater the bonus, to encourage high end farming and group farming

Old 01-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #32
Rare Collector

Quote:
I like the hot zones idea, it would be cool in addition to this the higher the zone the greater the bonus, to encourage high end farming and group farming
Oh yes! <3 Id love to grind with some fellas, instead of boss pounding alone day after day.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #33
Neophyte

Hot Zone

Mid Zone

Old 01-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #34
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn
^

Old 01-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #35
Rat Slayer

I'd like to see the Hot Zone and more mid-level zones. Can we also get an updated map with all of the newer zones added in as well?

Old 01-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #36
Seer's BFF

Send a message via MSN to Sexyy

After seeing what possibilities could pc client have its No2 for me after hot zones, i would really like more players in game. I really like that idea and hope Jeff implements it :3

Old 01-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #37
Epic Scholar

Glitch has also said that things like images not loading, or problems with scrolling the map, or different things that go wrong with different browsers would be almost all eliminated if it was in a standalone pc/mac client

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-02-2016, 12:26 AM   #38
Auction Master

a downloadable client has been talked about for a while now not just 2016 stuff, understand glitch team may be small but would be great if it could be a possibility to happen without votes mattering

Old 01-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #39
Gem Pouch Expert

1. Recipe Loader/ craft memory
2.App/standalone client
3. Hot zone/mid zones

free face ticket is a mediocre addition - but does not add much to the game, achieving a face is feasible without the ticket, and could frustrate some players. could easily be a gift box or arena prize, but this is the least useful addition. all the options are very good.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #40
Epic Scholar

Standalone client
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.