black edge of decay slasher
Old 06-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default black edge of decay slasher

does the proc on black edge of decay slasher work for redirect and do unto gems as well?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

no one have any idea?

Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
Boss Hunter

wish i could help but idk :/ we could test if you want at some point.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #4
Administrator

It does work against for those gems, yes.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:29 AM   #5
Rare Collector

I think he meant someone using the do unto/resist gems rather than against someone using them.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #6
Administrator

I believe I worded that wrongly. Here goes a better (i.e. actually correct) explanation:

There is an Anti Resist test (roll) before any resists take place against a gem effect. If that test succeeds, then no resists can occur. Your chance of succeeding the Anti Resist roll is, of course, determined by things like the effect of that weapon.

So let's say both people have the weapon. Person A has a Do Unto gem in place, person B is casting something on him.

Case 1: Person B casts a DD against Person A
In this case, person B does not get any extra Anti Resist bonus when the gem is cast because it is an attack, and the weapon specifically says it doesn't help attacks. Person B, however, if their Do Unto % chance is triggered then the gem fires, and it tests to see if their Do Unto will be resisted: First they roll their Anti Resist for that effect based on the weapon's bonus and any other bonuses for anti resists. If that roll succeeds, then there simply are no resist checks done. Note: It does not matter what their CNC is or what the enemy's CNT is: Anti Resist is the % that is listed, regardless of stats. So you could have 0 CNC and you'll still have a 33% chance of avoiding all resists prior to them ever being checked if you use that weapon.

Case 2: Person B casts a DoT against Person A
Same as before, except person B also has a 33% chance from the weapon that their DoT will not be resisted. Anti Resist does NOT protect against mirror or reflect effects, however, only against actual resists. The resist % is based on caster CnC and defender CNT and only gets checked if the Anti Resist roll fails.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

awesome thanks for the response