Player Killers
Old 03-21-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default Player Killers

The following suggestion is based upon my numerous experiences as a Player Killer (and my slightly more limited experiences hunting Negolezin and other PKs).

The following suggestions would be limited to S1, where gameplay is radically different from S2.

Becoming a Player Killer (PK) is no long permanent. You flash red for a set duration following one of the listed events:

-You click 'force combat' on a player (30 minutes, most likely)
-An enemy clicks 'force combat' on you (5 minutes)
-You kill an enemy in PvP combat (1 minute*[PK points gained from kill/2]-1 minute/200 total PK points-1 minute/500 PK points this spree)
Example: I have 800 PK points total. I start my spree today as I kill a level 80 (80 Points). This means I flash for 40 minutes minus 4 minutes for having 800 PK points, for a total of 36 minutes.

When the player is no longer flashing red, they are no longer a player killer.

They get a bonus whose duration and size is based on the PK points accrued during their time spent flashing, as well as total PK points. This bonus affects all the things it currently affects, as well as chest gold. The bonus decays over time. PK points reset to 0 upon permadeath, but not upon LG redemption.

Changes to legendary redemption:
If the store sell value of the killed PK's legendary items exceeds X? million gold, a legendary redemption is triggered.

Random legendary items are sold until X? million gold worth of LGs have been sold. After that, the PKK gets the remaining unsold legendary items.

This would greatly incentivise PKKs to hunt.

I understand that a bonus by point system could mean setups, but I think there would be more real PKs this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 03-21-2015 at 07:51 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
Boss Hunter

What about offering more in the way of useful items that can be looted? Charms that give bonuses if kept in inventory?

Old 03-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #3
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by orderr
What about offering more in the way of useful items that can be looted? Charms that give bonuses if kept in inventory?
Interesting, but I'm not sure.

I don't think it could be anything that gives any kind of permanent (combat) bonus because then you would have to be PK to enjoy full benefits of the game.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
Seer's BFF

why not make charms potion like, which have a time limit then >.>

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

bump
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-27-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

I was thinking of new inventory item(s) that non-pks could use, which could be looted by pks. Fx, a charm that gives you slightly more drops, or more inventory space, but can be taken from you.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:39 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

The appearance of epic tools gave high level pks a bit more of a chance of decent loot, for example. We could go farther in that direction.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:06 AM   #8
Boss Hunter

Quote:
I was thinking of new inventory item(s) that non-pks could use, which could be looted by pks. Fx, a charm that gives you slightly more drops, or more inventory space, but can be taken from you.
Support

Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #9
Epic Scholar

Quote:
As someone who has nearly 10k PK points, all gotten at cap, I can tell you that when people see a PK on their square, they move things to storage if they are in combat or they run from the square if they are not in combat.

It'd be better to have randomly generated charms which PKs get for killing people, rather than actually stealing items from others.

However, as my original suggestion shows, the problem is not loot, but the ability to make use of bonus. It is simply idiotic to try to farm while you are a capped PK.
Quote:
Quote: