Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Regarding Player vs Player Combat in Nodiatis
Old 01-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default Regarding Player vs Player Combat in Nodiatis

Section I. Arena

Arena seasons are too long. Most people do not take pleasure from fighting the same teams over and over for the entirety of the season. I suggest shortened seasons so that arena can really be about who is the best and not who had the time to queue 7 hours a day for 5 months straight. (It already is for the most part, but there are exceptions, both underranked and overranked teams due to ability to participate.)

Section II. Clan Battles

Not much to win or lose from these. A stack of trophies is nothing. Also the only fun I personally derive from it comes from upsetting others. I don't find excitement in the battle itself. Furthermore, most of the time, most of your enemies are immune.

Section III. Duels

Good for testing things out, can be fun, nothing to be gained. Fine as is; that's what duels are for.

Section IV. PKing

Just thinking about spreeing causes me to become nauseated. It is painfully thrilling. Unfortunately, there are currently 3 (three) active PKs who are known to me. The 3 PKs are me (Nibbles), Thesin, and Desthorn. Three people in the entirety of Nod who engage in PKing. That's very low.

So, why is this?

First, there's a huge amount of risk. The reward is disproportionately small compared to the risk.

Second, you are almost guaranteed to be alone. This means you will have to engage in 3v1 and 2v1 situations which is dangerous for even the strongest of characters.

Lastly, you are unable to participate in many aspects of the game while you are a PK. As there are only 3 PKs in Nodiatis, arena is not viable. Farming is equally impossible as trophies risk encumbering you. If you are forced and begin to flash, you cannot destroy these trophies and may be stuck being encumbered. Clan Battles and Beasts are also out of the question. Basically, if you are a capped PK, you are limited to spreeing and looting.

Of all the PVP systems I think this one needs the most reworking in order to be a fun part of the game for many people. Currently it is an exp boost for alts or a ridiculously risky business for idiots like me.

Section V. Deathmatches

I don't see why anyone would partake in one of these (unless they knew they were going to win). Let's say each player has full LG gear (150m or so). The reward for winning is about 10m. Unlike PKing, someone is going to lose 150m and someone is going to gain 10m. The way that LG Redemption works for Deathmatches needs to be changed so it's worth the risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 01-21-2015 at 02:06 AM..

Old 01-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

nods always been a "so what" "deal with it" type of game. the things you dont like are the very same things you knew what to expect before doing them so deal with it is how it seems this game is managed... great game, I love it obvious seems how ive been here sense some of you were probably crawling... but i miss the old school nod where people thrived on pvp and glitch made the game more about pvp.. hell the advertising for it alone was directed towards pvp.. but lately, pvp is just a shame, so if you sign up for it... Deal with it :P

all in all, Im proud of you for being pk i have too much to lose on my toon for no gain what so ever so i cannot do it, im a chicken ****zor.. but thank you for being apart of the excitment in the game atm.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

1) glitch already said he doesn't plan to shorten arena in a thread i am too lazy to search for a few months ago. shorter arena would be nice but would make high tempers harder. if season ended 2 months ago for a 3 month season no one would be able to get x8 tempers so would need to be rating and also more tokens per match.

2) enter copy pasta of what you said here.

3) ^

4) could make some exception like pk can group with non pks but cannot leave town in exchange or something.
farmingwise put junk straight into storage 1 at a time.then gate/recall fast as possible.
clan battles are just to annoy anyway. just pk the bastards >_>

as for ebs does suck you can't hunt. though xshadowedxx has before iirc :{

Old 01-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
4) could make some exception like pk can group with non pks but cannot leave town in exchange or something.
farmingwise put junk straight into storage 1 at a time.then gate/recall fast as possible.
clan battles are just to annoy anyway. just pk the bastards >_>

as for ebs does suck you can't hunt. though xshadowedxx has before iirc :{
I like your suggestion of allowing grouping while the PK is in town.

To rectify the CB problem I suggest gaining Terr/Dom for PKing a yellow.

The farming problem is tricky. People can watch your weight, figure out when you farm, when you load up trophies, etc. It's an enormous risk.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

Great idea actually king.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

My 25 cents worth.

For me p v p is a necessary evil either to get rating to temper at seasons' end or to get territory to upkeep runes.

Serious p v p u need r6+ runes, or u are at massive disadvantage. And it might be just me, but long fights where the first 5 minutes are foreplay before damage builds up enough to affect an outcome seems less fun than earlier nod.

I'd mention dotting, and regen, but we all know what that is like.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

imo glitch needs to F*&k all and just balance the game out and not care about people E-feelings. Fix his game and maybe more new players will come, maybe more new players will stay and maybe old supporters will come back. Everyone else may be butt hurt for w little while but they will adapt as usual.

To fix a problem you must first admit there is one. There is a problem with pvp nod and when glitch is able to see it and admit it I do have faith and trust he will be able and willing to fix it.. until then this is his amusement park and we are at his control on which rides he offers. If you don't like his rides stop riding them. if you tolerate them, seldomly ride them.. if you love them, then speak up and tell me i'm wrong.

Glitch wants better reviews? Well a good step to take for that directions is listen to your current player base!! Or keep doing what your doing and maintain the lower rating that you have. I think we all have a goal here, we all want to see nod grow, not only glitch team. I truly believe in order to obtain that goal we all need to work together as a team including glitch team. I also think that they are working on that atm. here is a old school quote "help me, help you" If glitch team is reasonable with listening to the player base and getting it to reasonable par to player suggestions i think the player base will be more willing to market and rate their product.

Personally I love this game and think it has MUCH potential... Just needs some team work to get it back up and live <3

Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #8
Seer's BFF

Most of the time, the person who's speaking so openly hurt about his E-feelings when some game mechanics are changed is you, Master. And I agree with Anga, apart from the usual upkeep of runes and rating/tokens I don't find a need to PvP.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

Its because others are lazy or cowards. Im not afraid to speak my mind in hopes of potentially bettering something, rather im wrong or not.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:44 AM   #10
Boss Hunter

I bet a timecard against your faith Master. I too loved the game, but the p v p aspect of it is now droll.

I wager team glitch will persist with their "classes are in balance" line and and will not admit that a once elegant game has become overcomplicated, and the elegance lost.

Lets set a time limit on it. End of July 2015.

Deal?

We will have to quantify if band aid epic/legendary gem lines are a serious attempt to balance. We can do that by pm.

#doublelooplearning

Last edited by angamaite; 01-19-2015 at 03:10 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 05:12 AM   #11
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 02:09 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #12
Boss Hunter

timmy broke nod k carry on

Old 01-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #13
Temporarily Suspended

Arena season is too long because Glitch don't want to give us LG weapons so quickly. As why LG beast come so rarely lately ?

Last edited by Fior; 01-19-2015 at 10:05 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #14
Seer's BFF

Old 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #15
Temporarily Suspended

I agreed in the aspect of PKing being changed, thats fine.. It's sad it didn't change when boon and such came around.. It really is not rewarding in the end..

And arena is boring, but if there is additional arenas or PvP tournaments much like instances in other games would make it pass the time alittle more..

Old 01-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #16
Gem Pouch Expert

CLAN BATTLES: Take away "immunity", somewhat.... INstead of NOT being able to clan battle someone for the 15 mins - 4 hour period, remove this to be able to be forced into clan battle. That time window will however affect the terr/dom gains though. So the first kill as it is now would be normal gains, then the gain immunity kicks in and nothing can be gained from killing them again, except for the love of clan battling, cuz let's face it. EVERYONE deleveled guerilla warfare to 0 so they could have a 4 hour immunity period.

Hell, yellows ANNOUNCE to be killed for this immunity. Being apart of a clan that is aligned should come with some "risk" of having the awesome perks of r6+++ runes.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #17
Seer's BFF

No support.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #18
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Section I. Arena

Section IV. PKing

Just thinking about spreeing causes me to become nauseated. It is painfully thrilling. Unfortunately, there are currently 3 (three) active PKs who are known to me. The 3 PKs are me (Nibbles), Thesin, and Desthorn. Three people in the entirety of Nod who engage in PKing. That's very low.
So, I'd like to bounce some ideas off of you guys. As a long time PK, I've found myself questioning the benefits of being such a nefarious character; so I'm little bias towards benefiting PKs, admittedly.

My idea is this; I want better rewards for PKs (!), more experience, more gold, and more trophies. In turn I suggest the implementation of a feature, PKK mode.
This 'mode' can be enabled by all premium accounts above the level of 20, and enables them to see where on the map AND paper map where a PK killed his latest victim (maybe as a red face or a death marker?). You can also 'spot' PKs while in PKK mode as long as the PK is flashing red. 'Spotting' a PK causes a similar effect as a PK having their victim's death location reported.

While in PKK mode you cannot gain active experience, trophies, or gold. People must remain in PKK mode for 30 minutes upon activation.

This is to stop people leaving it on all the time, but everything in this suggestion is open to change. I'd like to see your alterations and constructive criticism.

Quote:
They may have just gotten the squirts.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #19
Seer's BFF

Old 02-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #20
Epic Scholar

Bump. Will also edit to include new arena system.
Quote:
Quote: