Newbie or not so Questions
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Neophyte

Default Newbie or not so Questions

So i recently started playing Nodiatis made a toon and picked Weaponmaster as a class.

Thing is i read around the forums that WM CA is not as useful as others and i wonder if my dmg will be up to par with other class at higher lvl's.

What second class would you suggest and how would i benefit from it?
(Kinda early to ask but why not)

Also i want to focus on using 2h slash weapons.

How should i raise my stats?
Another thread suggested going melee and defense at start and raising strength:dext at 2:1 and all defense stats equally while skipping regen completely and raising magic Cnc:Mst at 2:1 but on higher lvl's(60+).

The thread i read is called "2H Slash Player Guide" cant link due to post low(non-existent ^^new here) post count.

Keep in mind I am going for 2h Slashers

What about skills?
For Weaponry:
I decided to go with the wiki on this one and raise the skills it lists on the 2h Slash page
Base Skills:
Slashing
Critical Strike
Overcrit
Two Handed
Hemorrhage

Level 20 Skills:
Double Attack
Slash Spec

Level 40 Skills:
Slice
Precision

Level 60 Skills:
Strikethrough
Vengeance

Level 80 Skills:
Death Blow

For Protection:
I thought it would be better to raise:
Suiting
Parry
Combat Recovery
Impedance
Will see what other skills will benefit me on higher lvl's

Im also raising:
All Learning skills.
Sorcery, White and Green Magic for heals and auras.
Gem Handling and Wizardry (read some threads about the gem pouch and liked their suggestions duplicates of gems and a pouch solely for escaping combat)
Adventuring skills:
Item stacking
Backpacking
Treasure Sense
Decumberance

Have raised Petmanship to lvl 10(was a pain to do so cause i was lvl 5 at the time)

All my other skills are or will soon be at the same lvl as me. I plan on keeping them even with my own lvl except slashing and suiting which i am told should be my lvl+2.(i wonder if its going to be easy to maintain this ratio with all skills at higher lvl's my lvl now is 6).

Is the cost for redistributing stats the same at higher lvl's (1000g)?

Sorry for the long read and thank you for reading it.

If there are any suggestions please let me know (Someone in game suggested the sloth aura gem didnt think its good untill i actually tried it might raise black magic only for it).

Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

The wiki page for2h slash lists the skills that affect your damage with 2h slash weapons. Of course you will also need to train defense and pet skills. Those were just listed because not all weaponry skills affect 2h slash. Redist cost starts at 1k and increases each time you do it, regardless of level. It decreases when you make real money purchases.

For pve I would go either warrior, vampire, or dk secondary. For PvP I think vampire would be first pick, then dk, then warrior.

Wm can is useful. Nod unfortunately has a group of whiners who like to complain without providing any measurable evidence to validate their complaints.

I will be on at 2030 server time tonight if you want to pm me (nibbles/hatenetscape)

Currently on phone so don't want to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Administrator

The raw value of the WM CA scales with gear which is rare for CAs.
And that's all I have to say about that. (Forrest Gump Voice)

Old 10-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

WA is one of the more powerful CAs especially for pve. Especially if you have a fully upgraded account. For the current lvl cap and available weapons its probably the number 1 dps ca for 2 handers.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
Rare Collector

Quote:
Thing is i read around the forums that WM CA is not as useful as others and i wonder if my dmg will be up to par with other class at higher lvl's.
Where did U read that... dont pick classe just for its ca, and btw WM is the best class for DPS slasher.

Quote:
2. What second class would you suggest and how would i benefit from it?
(Kinda early to ask but why not)
Depends on what You want to do. In case u use 2H Slashers mainly, id suggest Warrior class for higher damage output, but since u are a fresh made toon, id suggest go Adventurer and stick with it till u cap, go Regener if you want to be more durable, or vampire if you also want to survive longer.

Quote:
3. Also i want to focus on using 2h slash weapons.
How should i raise my stats?
Another thread suggested going melee and defense at start and raising strength:dext at 2:1 and all defense stats equally while skipping regen completely and raising magic Cnc:Mst at 2:1 but on higher lvl's(60+).
For Slashers, Dex determines your hit rate, STR increases chance to do max damage and also adds some bonus damage to the weapon. Keep STR and DEX equal or STR a bit higher then DEX. Also i dont know why would people ignore Recovery. Pumping straight to the cap with only melee and defense stats is time consuming. Train REcovery and add all points into REG, will greatly help you refresh faster after battles or if u happed to die, without recovery u will have to wait long enough after battles as your hp amount raises every level, which can be annoying to wait.

Your main goal should be to get to cap as faster as you can. There you will have skills to farm more gold and trophies to build a stronger competitive toon. Thats why i strongly suggest ADventurer class.

Good luck.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 10-08-2014 at 01:24 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #6
Rare Collector

Quote:
4. Keep in mind I am going for 2h Slashers

What about skills?
If you can read u wont have problems, train all skills that affect Slashing weapons. all uve listed is good enough for the start. do it.

Also the cost redistribute stats is doubled each time u do it. To lower the cost u have to make a purchase TC or upgrades etc.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 10-08-2014 at 01:23 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #7
Neophyte

Ok thanks for the replies everyone (didn't expect to see Glitchless ^^) guess ill have to see for my self when i get higher up in lvl's and if im that disappointed i can pick a secondary with a CA i like (both the Warrior and the Vampire CA seem good).

Srr Huggles but that time is a no-go as im sleeping im on GMT +2. Its ok though as most of my questions seems to have gotten an answer by Atropos.

Atropos i don't mind the game being a bit time consuming as i plan to play for quite a long while ^^ more than a couple of years a least.

Still have some questions about secondary classes but i pretty sure i saw them answered i another thread will have to check it.

Again thanks everyone.