Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

lg weapons for glitch
Old 12-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default lg weapons for glitch

just a few that Should be checked out are
as you listed lavavien quiver
Demonblood ranseur piercer- this one I feel is below par
bloodboiling beheader - could use a minor tweek possibly, its debatable.
endur of suffering- this is a newer one, yet many OP crushers gave it a try and then got rid of it, possible that the perk just doesn't work as well for a crusher or something about it is just off.

staff of guiding light- with all of the other healing effects stacking this offers the lowest heal bonus, potions/timmys/tommys/runes/ you name it all give a higher heal bonus, it also doesn't even give you the stats that a healer would desire, while it has one of the lowest dps as far as melee goes.

rangers earthflow bow- This is nice for the pre/mre BUT its still lower on the DPS and the whopping 12% to ONLY green effects is blown out of the water with siren bow, however the ranger bow does have more stats, so this is another debatable one.

Besides those with deeper consideration I really don't see a huge unbalance. And the demonblood piercer and lavavien I think have the lowest hand of all that I mentioned above.

But these are all just my opinions, I have been wrong many times as well as I am probably wrong now. but atleast I list them for you and let you decide from there.

I do think that LG armor should be looked into for the higher uptiered but than again I am biased on that because I went overboard.

Thanks for the chat glitch. Sorry if I annoyed you.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

As for armor, i was disappointed that there is no bonus to min damage, on any of them. Adding this on a set, would be awesome, as it would help others as well, and as most things, people would have to give up somethings for that boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

The issue with that is dd's increasing a armor min damage would result in that as well.... I think that demon skull should be min/max just like weapon master class is

Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master
The issue with that is dd's increasing a armor min damage would result in that as well.... I think that demon skull should be min/max just like weapon master class is
see thats what i thought it was, till i actual read it, then got disappointed. Id be fine with the armor increasing both, or a seperate set, like samurai or soemthing that isnt used, to have min added to it, so that it might be used by people like myself who would love a min damage bonus

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Administrator

Agreed except Ender of Suffering. There's a severe disconnect between the perceived value of antiblock/antiparry/antiresist weapons and their actual value in PvP against tanks. It was demonstrated mathematically in a thread a while ago, however, how superior they are specifically when fighting uber tanks.

Expect some buffs on lagging LGs with today's patch.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

thanks for looking into these.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
Seer's BFF

Might as well look into most legendary armors too. Constant revision is needed since some changes have a ripple affect and make other gears better or worse.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

I noticed you edited your post Glitchless, it was something like: Expect some rebalancing with today's patch. I was so happy but now you changed your mind?

Edit: anyways i guess at least with some Staff buffs it can balance it out a little ,however people shouldnt depend on a legendary staff to make it worth it.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Last edited by Sanluciferr; 12-31-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
Auction Master

not to be a downer but mathmatically and what actually happens are diff things. i had dw ender of sufferings. the proc doesnt make up for the pathetic pokings of damage they do vs a tank, needless to say got rid of them fast and went back to my 2her solar fury that does for me take out tanks quicker. the bout 100 less stats they gave and 1% less chance to avoid parries with tact second giving me only a boost to avoid blocks really didnt make up for it, at least that i saw. could be totally wrong was just my experience with them.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
I noticed you edited your post Glitchless, it was something like: Expect some rebalancing with today's patch. I was so happy but now you changed your mind?

Edit: anyways i guess at least with some Staff buffs it can balance it out a little ,however people shouldnt depend on a legendary staff to make it worth it.
We changed rebalance to buff since rebalance can indicate nerfs, but we're only buffing lagging weapons.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Seer's BFF

I think he changed it because rebalance means tons of work for him

Old 12-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesiss
not to be a downer but mathmatically and what actually happens are diff things. i had dw ender of sufferings. the proc doesnt make up for the pathetic pokings of damage they do vs a tank, needless to say got rid of them fast and went back to my 2her solar fury that does for me take out tanks quicker. the bout 100 less stats they gave and 1% less chance to avoid parries with tact second giving me only a boost to avoid blocks really didnt make up for it, at least that i saw. could be totally wrong was just my experience with them.
Your comparison of the two weapons makes sense, but likely has more to do with Strikethrough since one benefits much more greatly from the skill. This is something we need to ponder. Thank you for the feedback.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Epic Scholar

Quote:
We changed rebalance to buff since rebalance can indicate nerfs, but we're only buffing lagging weapons.
Makes perfect sense, but you do acknowledge that we are way over due for a balance right? i mean you know at this particular moment that 3 melee regeners should have the highest chances to win arena right?

That is assuming that they are being use with people that know what to do, basically 1-2 whippers/archers 1 2h or 2h shield, etc but all regeners basically.

They can just share taunts and replay like crazy and have those "anti gems gems" and since the regen games dont have upkeep fail cost any other possible high dps team that is not melee regen like them would run out of mana/energy since they cant theft anything or etc, basically be the same to win the same.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
Seer's BFF

can you possibly look into the heaven shock bow, as imo the healing proc gets blown out of the water by the siren bow similar to how the ranger bow does, but thats just my opinion

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
Administrator

Quote:
Makes perfect sense, but you do acknowledge that we are way over due for a balance right? i mean you know at this particular moment that 3 melee regeners should have the highest chances to win arena right?

That is assuming that they are being use with people that know what to do, basically 1-2 whippers/archers 1 2h or 2h shield, etc but all regeners basically.

They can just share taunts and replay like crazy and have those "anti gems gems" and since the regen games dont have upkeep fail cost any other possible high dps team that is not melee regen like them would run out of mana/energy since they cant theft anything or etc, basically be the same to win the same.
Overdue for a balance before the new "best" build even wins an arena season? I don't think so.

We'll look at that bow too, Chloe.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Boss Hunter

That bow was on my list originally but then I realized that its still very nice with the DPS. Wont hurt to look tho

Old 12-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
Seer's BFF

Games are meant to be fun. This so called "best build" is destroying arena. Sucking all the fun from it. When you have the opportunity to go make a sandwich or a cup of coffee during a fight and come back with both teams in the exact same scenario you left thats when you should have realized something is wrong

We want fast paced and fun. not drawn out and boring.
which sums up the arena season in a whole. way too long.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Overdue for a balance before the new "best" build even wins an arena season? I don't think so.

We'll look at that bow too, Chloe.
Bad, bad Glitchless if you are basing all your decisions on what the top list shows you are making a huge mistake, no wonder why you started nerfing (indirectly, buffing or providing buffs against specific) casters or no wonder why you started buffing regeners so much or whip users or anything for that matter.

Just because a person who clicks all day and achieves the most means that he is using the best mouse. ( hopefully you get the reference)

Anyways i am really happy with everything so far, whoever things that the game is going in a bad direction is completely wrong the game has improved A LOT in the past year and i am so glad and happy for that, honestly. However i do be always sharing my concerns and points of view for the best and the harder it gets the more i will enjoy it (no paulo).

Old 12-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
Administrator

Quote:
Bad, bad Glitchless if you are basing all your decisions on what the top list shows you are making a huge mistake, no wonder why you started nerfing (indirectly, buffing or providing buffs against specific) casters or no wonder why you started buffing regeners so much or whip users or anything for that matter.

Just because a person who clicks all day and achieves the most means that he is using the best mouse. ( hopefully you get the reference)

Anyways i am really happy with everything so far, whoever things that the game is going in a bad direction is completely wrong the game has improved A LOT in the past year and i am so glad and happy for that, honestly. However i do be always sharing my concerns and points of view for the best and the harder it gets the more i will enjoy it (no paulo).
There's a huge difference between basing decisions on the tops lists and delaying a rebalance until it actually proves to be required.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
There's a huge difference between basing decisions on the tops lists and delaying a rebalance until it actually proves to be required.
Dear God, please don't overlook what Paulo said.