Tips for New Players
Old 05-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Davina

Default Tips for New Players

Most of the information that you need is contained in the tutorial. Also, take a few minutes to mouse over the various skills and buttons to see what they do. It will help you avoid asking inane questions and you will get a lot more enjoyment out of the game. If you don't understand some instructions or aspect of the game after you've done this, feel free to ask.

cont.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
Davina

Default cont.

Also, read the Pro Tips. These tips come from high level players to give you insights into the game.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

another suggestion is i think its a pro tip to try to load escape gems in to your slots in a battle as find it works eeasier when u can fire like 3 at once to escape a battle saves dieing

Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i guess i would add something here then

ive seen a lot ask how magic works ingame

magic works really simple you lvl the magic type you want to use then you buy gems put them in gem pouch and then use them in combat when they are drawn

to equip gems in pouch these are the requirements for the different types

white and green magic requires sorcery equal to the number of gems you want of those colors in pouch

red and black magic require diabolism equal to the number of gems you want of those colors in pouch

blue and grey magic requires mind bending equal to the number of gems you want of those colors in pouch

if you have no gems in pouch you will always draw escape gems

its recommended to keep at least on gem slot empty so you always have a small chance of drawing escape gem

Old 05-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Davina

To use pets, equip a pet you've purchased or found in the pet slot on the left of your helm. The pet will automatically attack (or heal, as the case may be) during battle. Make sure you know the level of Petmanship required before purchasing a pet. Petmanship skill levels can be gained by sacrificing spirit trophies to the Altar of the Beast or by Passive Advancement.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Davina

In the beginning focus your equipment purchases on better weapons, not armor. The full rag set lasts until level 13 if you have a decent weapon. The difference in AC is marginal until higher levels and you can get weapons that kill your enemy faster than they can kill you. Also your hit points rise fast enough that you will have enough hit points to withstand most hits until the later levels. When buying weapons, focus on damage, accuracy and delay. Accuracy levels are (from worst to best) - poor, normal, good, great, excellent, exceptional. Looking at delay, a delay of 19 will strike twice as often as a delay of 38. Therefore, if damage is 1-10 and delay is 19, there is the potential for twice as much damage than if the damage is 1-10 and delay is 38.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

here some other advice the first thing you should do when you start is get passive advancement to lvl 1 by setting it to active training under learning skills as its really helpfull for increasing skills as it even does it while your offline so you can get several times more skills that couls be usefull to you

Old 05-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

defenite good idea warlock yeh thts is like a must lol passive skills are so awesome lol

Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
Auction Master

think we better bump these tips as they are good

Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
Camli

Tip for gaining Adventuring Skill Exp:

You need to have AT left when you leave a town in order to gain active exp in these skills. There is a way to fudge this a bit if you're not willing to spend the AT walking between towns. If you started your day in a town, or had at least some AT left the last time you visited a town, you can travel to a different town after your AT runs out and get Adventuring Exp.

For example, I'm currently smashing beasties in the Mosslands, so Castille is my current home base. I spend all my AT there, and head back to Castille with zero AT left. I sacrifice my trophies, and walk to Stronhad. Normally this would be a waste of time since the mobs are all grey, but I'm out of AT anyway. Arrive in Stronhad, bam, Adventuring Exp, because the game only prevents you from town hopping with zero AT, but there was a point when I left Castille when I did have AT, so Exp it is.
Very useful if you've got extra time on your hands and you want those adventuring skills.

Storage, Trophies, and you.

Smashing things far away from town? Encumberance got you down, but you don't want to have to make three trips back to town?

If you're far from a town, just dump your full stacks of trophies into storage on the spot where you're standing. When you're ready to go back to town, load up with your stuff, and either walk or gate back encumbered. Especially effective if you use up all your AT in one spot, since the encumbered walk back doesn't affect you that badly.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
Auction Master

also another thing after you out of AT and have visited next town to get adventure xp you should go to 1 step from the town nearest to the place your lvling as then when you get AT again then upon entering the town you waited outside you get adventure xp can be very usefull

also as a lvl 10 plus if you want to lvl your adventure skills fast for a day then travel between 2 towns where everything is gray on the route like for example from T2 to T3 and back this can easily get you a lot of lvls in adventure skills though will get harder the more you go above your player lvl in the adventure skills because of reduction