In combat ticks (pre mre reg)
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default In combat ticks (pre mre reg)

Are the in combat "ticks" of health mana energy regeneration every second? Just trying to calculate regen rate for 5 seconds to attempt to support sacrigenesis, though the cost (50 mana 50 energy) outweighs the returns, its worth a shot...

Other more powerful gems dont even cost that much... its crazy.. 100

Another question for those that have played with pre mre, at what point do you "tick" for 10 or so in combat, without staff?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Rare Collector

but aren't you also a OP regener? which means your ticks should be faster?

I never tested it, my ticks, but I seem to be able to handle 15mana 15 energy per 5 seconds with only 140 mre and 140 pre (NOTE that this means killing a mob in about 1-2 min. In a long fight, 140 pre is not enuf

Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Epic Scholar

im thinking 15 mana energy per second... to handle the sacrigenesis

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Rare Collector

Wasn't someone named scrambles who have 140 recovery?

Maybe you can pay him to restat and test it out

cause most nodders (including me) have like 1 recovery

EDIT: put a melee and mana energy thief aura in slots. pretty sure those 2 gems will make your energy mana problem poof

Last edited by terrorbladestorm; 03-13-2012 at 10:57 AM..

Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

yeah rec is useless all in all, and sacrigenesis costs way too much for what you get... ive tested reg up to 700 many times... yeah i talked to scrablmes

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Rare Collector

Don't give up yet Flippy,

I believe the earthfusion set could be something of regener's dream

However, I need to complete my aliangel set first before investing heavily in a regener with earthfusion... Oh so pricy

Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

only the chest and helm

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Rare Collector

But the bonus is huge!

Given what I have seen, it is entirely possible to have 500 in mre, pre, reg, Or having over 1.2k in reg alone. Has anyone actually tried

1.2k REG
22% earthfusion helm
20% earthfusion BP
24% regener bonus lvl 100
30% from combat recovery lvl 100 and battle mending lvl 100

pick 1:
overgen:100%
hypergen:150%
sacrigen:300%
sacrigenus:400%

EDIT:
REGEN RUNE 12%
no one knows earthfusion leg yet
one of the legendary shield could be regen

Last edited by terrorbladestorm; 03-13-2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

I could only assume that you are going to be using this for tanking since that is the gear i normally see you in so....

It is not hard tanking with sacrigenesis active, Ive been doing it for some time. All you need to do is stack a little bit of mre/pre and use r1/r2 taunts and youre good to go. And if you don't stack enough mre/pre then use transcendence and wisp lift to give you that extra boost in mana/energy that you need. When using the mana/energy restore gems, time them w/ your sacrigenesis.

Sacrigenesis really doesn't require any mana/energy to remain active since it has a no fail upkeep. So you don't have to give yourself a headache trying to figure out how to maintain it with your gems. Just time when it is about to eat your mana/energy and activate your continual mana/energy restoration gems right after sacrigenesis takes w/e chunk of mana/energy you had available. That should allow easy casting for your taunts.

I currently have 76 class enhancement, 71 class specialization, 71 combat recovery w/ 0 combat endurance and 0 combat concentration. With 127 mre and no continual mana regen gems active i gain 10-11 mana every time before sacrigenesis reactivates itself. Add 1 r5 transcendence and that is 15-16 mana per 5 secs. My pre is at 123 and it yields 9-10 every 5 seconds. Add 1 r5 wisp lift and that is 14-15 energy every 5 seconds.

Im sure most if not all of your regen stats are higher than mine along w/ green and blue magic so this should be much easier for you than it is for me. Just stack 25-50 mre and pre and get rid of that useless mst/pst. Get rid of your mana/energy cantrips and pick up some blood mana and blood power if you wish to aid your allies.

I have tested this method up to vd4 boss with scumby as my dps. Granted i didnt think about using an ac pot and he had to help heal after enrage, but what do you expect from a 1 week old lvl 85? Anyway the focus is on getting taunts off w/ sacrigenesis active. Through the whole fight with the gem active along with 1 r5 transcendence and 1 r5 wisp lift i was able to keep the boss taunted with r1/r2 gems using 74 cnc and only lvl 29 aggravation. Scumby didn't take a single hit that entire fight and i was able to maintain my 60-70hp/tick (700 reg) with little to no problem due to mre/pre.

Hopefully this has helped you any. I am still continuing my research on the class and lately I have not heard a single remark about regeners remaining as a crap class. I guess when you cause people to endure a 15-30 min duel just for them to bladow themselves, double cast themselves, watch your hp stay @ 100% the whole fight or at least put up a long decent fight...you tend to gain respect that rebuilds the regener class' name. Also i have seen an increase in regener alts and people asking for advice on how to build them.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
Temporarily Suspended

Sorry scrambles but your post is kinda irrelevant. Hard to support that gem in 3v3 PvP when your opponents have drains of a variety. Also flip cant really afford to go more than 3 draws w/o a taunt otherwise we are dead. So as far as 'timing' replenishes there is no room for that. And to top it off teams have started to use exhaustion gems

PvE is simple to maintain....

regeners are a class that is behind...it has potential granted you are able to support the key gem, have the proper gear and skills. I attempted to make a tank bm/regener in hopes of using sacrigenesis and getting in combat ticks around 100 with 200ish average heals from pets. Had the supporting skills there but fell a little short with base regen without taking a huge dump on either defense or melee. I am going to boost nauts xp and will reroll once i feel I have enough for my next round

Although if flips final build is feasible he will hands down be one of the top 3 tanks in game

As far as in combat ticks flipy

HoT and DoTs were readjusted to have a set tick rate of 1.5s. It would seem I get 2 ticks of pre,mre,reg every 1.5s

Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Well I am built for pve, haven't done much arena so yes it is slightly irrelevant. But with a few tweaks such as impervious aura and about 25-35 taunts in a gem pouch im sure tanking should not be too terrible with some increased skills. To truly find out though it will take some time and different approaches to conclude whether or not this is a plausible build.

But from my experience in pve this setup works just fine and helps ease the burden of any healers if they're needed.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

Also i am sure 100+ regen ticks are possible with earthfusion gear. i am ticking at 60-70 with all hp regen skills in the 60-75 range with 67 helm. Even with my current stats, the earthfusion chest and helm will probably enable me to tick for 100+ a tick if i were to afford them.

Last edited by scrambles; 03-18-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
Temporarily Suspended

yea, i was ticking for about 65 with nautolan as a regener 2nd and supporting skills with about 300 reg. So it is possible to break 100 once lg gear is obtained in my mind.