Regener Secondary
Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Regener Secondary

Despite what people have and still are saying about regeners, i am still going to attempt to unlock the classes fullest potential for better or for worse. I am going for a build that utilizes the stacked reg i am gaining. I am currently playing as if i were a bm and was considering that as my secondary to utilize fire and ice on top of sacrigenesis but i am also considering guardian. Any serious ideas or point of views that will benefit my regener "research" is much appreciated.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

Best advice: ask Flipynifty. After all he's the best regenerererererererer in game.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

ok, i'll check out what input he has. thanks

Old 12-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

ive worked with regener since day one of nod, ive taken reg to 700 in tests. Mind you i havent tested a lot lately...

Reg itself doesnt really have a lot of "oomph" as a stat skill. When i did take it to crazy proportions, sacraficing melee and defense and all magic, i got my butt handed to me due to the low defense and dps. I believe the most ooc healing i was able to acheive was 120-130 per tick. This was a while ago mind you and i have skilled up a lot since. At this point with the regen gems you would be best to utilize a lot of pre and mre if you want to be able to use any other gems as sacrigenesis eats mana and energy like theres no tomorow, its actually dissapointing tbh. I stick with regenesis at this point, particularly for tanking. I am a regener guardian and quite a good tank. My in combat regeneration is roughly 20 per tick (the new ticks) and ooc i dont bother measuring because im full. I do use whips for the fire and ice boost as well. All in all i really wish those regen gems were a lot cheaper as they do not provide 50 mana and 50 energy worth of BANG for the buck. Ive stopped complaning tho.. The Regener class is a joke even to administrators as many times there have been cracks made towards it. Have fun and ask any questions in game that you may have.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

one more question, the "no fail upkeep" on sacrigenesis. does that imply that even when you're out of mana it will maintain itself?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
>.>
Auction Master

yes

Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

awesome, that is exactly what i was hoping for

Old 12-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

lol have fun taunting if ur a tank for a group :P

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

I am also a 1st class Regener. I exploit the class's recovery bonus towards Pre mainly. I've adopted a caster build (as well as a virtual family), and i give wicked-non-stop PL sessions and not once have to wait to recover energy or mana during or post-loot screen. My farming pouch doesn't even use replenishes.

I hope that's useful information.

I imagine that once I've got the family holding their own against heroic mobs, I will modify my build.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

Another question:
Is sacrigen/sacrigenesis affected by the life magic skills eternity and remedial focus?

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Epic Scholar

no

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
Boss Hunter

Yet another class with unlimited Build potential for those creative rich type folk....
Brother is spot on, but there is even greater potential with similar builds.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
Temporarily Suspended

Regenerererer is only for Leet peeps liek Brother and Flippy. I need to reroll again and go Regenerererer.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

looks as if it will be a bit of a challenge to maintain taunts while utilizing sacrigen/sacrignesis since i dont want to dump too much into mre/pre

Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
Crab Defiler

I switched my caster over to regener 2nd class back when Glitch had his sale on changing second class. I am regretting it now though. It seems that for pvp anyway it does not help with my defense at all, which is what i was hoping it would do. Even with sacragenisis which I can't afford to have up anyway, it eats mana way too fast.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
Epic Scholar

if you can tick 15 mana energy per second utilizing combat concentration, endurance, recovery and have high levelled red magic to reduce the cost of sacrigenesis you should be able to tank no prob, at this point i may use pst and mst as my negatives with enchant stones to attempt to do this, taking pre and mre to decent levels, if i drop my melee again i could perhaps take reg pre and mre to levels where i would be fairly unstoppable combined with earthen helm and chest (+40% reg) and skills, i believe i could tick for about 110 or so in combat

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
Epic Scholar

to be perfectly honest the cost of sacrigenesis outweighs the returns, when you compare it to other gems such as the new melee ones, that only take an amount of energy or mana as opposed to both.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambles
looks as if it will be a bit of a challenge to maintain taunts while utilizing sacrigen/sacrignesis since i dont want to dump too much into mre/pre

use mana and energy thief auras/rune/devamp, its not like you need alot of mana/energy to taunt so wait till you attack/atacked counter with taunt

also a slightly insainer idea would be to have each of your sets of armor boost one of your regen type stats and switching them around when you've running dry

Last edited by dOWNer; 03-09-2012 at 05:14 PM..