Does --- work for ---?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default Does --- work for ---?

This thread will clear up some questions on badly worded skills.
Some of these I don't know for sure.

Does dual parry work for whips? Yes, as long as you are dual wielding.
Does smash work for staves? Yes, same % chance as 1H weapons.
Does precision work for staves and whips? ???
Does climbing help avoid greys? no

If you have any other things I should add, post below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Graur

What is your motivation for saying that climbing does not help avoid grey creatures? Because to be honest, I can argue towards each direction.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you have 0 points in exploration and you are not using any mumbo-jumbo mode to move around. That means you have 50% chance of avoiding grey creatures. Once again for the sake of argument, let's say you have 50 Climbing, so 25% chance to avoid mountain creatures.

1. Climbing works only for non-grey creatures. If you encounter a grey creature in a mountain, you have the default 50% chance of avoiding it. If you encounter a non-grey creature, Climbing comes into effect and you have a 25% of not having to fight.

2. Climbing always works. If it didn't then the wording would have been something like "chance per point to avoid combat with non-grey creatures." That means then when you encounter a grey creature, you have a 25% chance of avoiding it due to climbing and a 50% chance of avoiding it due to it being grey, adding up to a chance of avoidance of 62.5%.

Unless I missed a post where Glitchless explains how the skill was implemented, I don't think anyone can say with 100% certainty how things work.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

Precision should work for staves + whips. They are considered crushing/slashin weps so...

Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

bump
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graur
What is your motivation for saying that climbing does not help avoid grey creatures? Because to be honest, I can argue towards each direction.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you have 0 points in exploration and you are not using any mumbo-jumbo mode to move around. That means you have 50% chance of avoiding grey creatures. Once again for the sake of argument, let's say you have 50 Climbing, so 25% chance to avoid mountain creatures.

1. Climbing works only for non-grey creatures. If you encounter a grey creature in a mountain, you have the default 50% chance of avoiding it. If you encounter a non-grey creature, Climbing comes into effect and you have a 25% of not having to fight.

2. Climbing always works. If it didn't then the wording would have been something like "chance per point to avoid combat with non-grey creatures." That means then when you encounter a grey creature, you have a 25% chance of avoiding it due to climbing and a 50% chance of avoiding it due to it being grey, adding up to a chance of avoidance of 62.5%.

Unless I missed a post where Glitchless explains how the skill was implemented, I don't think anyone can say with 100% certainty how things work.
You make sense, yet Climbing doesn't say it "increases your chance to avoid creatures". It says it provides X% chance to avoid creatures at the same rate as you would avoid greys.

So while you can argue it further reduces chance to encounter greys by default because it would explicitly say it doesn't otherwise, I argue it doesn't by default because it would be too easy to word it otherwise (by using the word "increases").

Last edited by Nurvus; 02-04-2012 at 04:14 PM..

Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvus
You make sense, yet Climbing doesn't say it "increases your chance to avoid creatures". It says it provides X% chance to avoid creatures at the same rate as you would avoid greys.

So while you can argue it further reduces chance to encounter greys by default because it would explicitly say it doesn't otherwise, I argue it doesn't by default because it would be too easy to word it otherwise (by using the word "increases").
If only Glitchless would explain the skill, reword it, and allow us to be done with this.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

Quote:
If only Glitchless would explain the skill, reword it, and allow us to be done with this.
Lol it won't happen.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Still looking for additions to this dictionary please.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Temporarily Suspended

Here, in Nod, is rivers and seas, Glitch must do swimming skill also.