TP, Epic, TP, Epic, TP
Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default TP, Epic, TP, Epic, TP

could not quote.. but here is link:http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/ga...html#post45828

supposed to be a 1/3 chance for TP to occur. I, like most, keep track of my drops. Here is a small sample of my most recent drops starting w/ most recent:
  • 88 chest TP
  • Gator
  • 78 shield TP
  • 88 quiver
  • 88 helm TP
  • 78 quiver
  • 88 quiver TP
  • 88 BP
  • 88 helm TP
  • 88 arm
  • 84 pierce TP

I can go back further too... are you seeing a pattern?? b/c I am.. and its not 1:2, its 1:1.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

my pattern is actually like 1:6 so tp:epic so it varies
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
Poopooface

yes its not fair huh

My record
99 helmet TP
99 Quiver TP
Alligator
Alligator
Alligator
Alligator
Alligator
Alligator
88 Legging

not fair

Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTigeR
could not quote.. but here is link:http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/ga...html#post45828

supposed to be a 1/3 chance for TP to occur. I, like most, keep track of my drops. Here is a small sample of my most recent drops starting w/ most recent:
  • 88 chest TP
  • Gator
  • 78 shield TP
  • 88 quiver
  • 88 helm TP
  • 78 quiver
  • 88 quiver TP
  • 88 BP
  • 88 helm TP
  • 88 arm
  • 84 pierce TP

I can go back further too... are you seeing a pattern?? b/c I am.. and its not 1:2, its 1:1.
your whole argument is useless, and here is why:

Each time you have an epic, a 3 sided dice is rolled. 1 is a tp, the other 2 are normal. if you get a tp drop you WILL get a non-tp drop next time. the time after that the 3 sided dice is rolled again.

basically:

each epic you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a tp, does not mean that 1 drop in every 3 will be a tp, it just means there is a chance.

i myself personally have had 10 drops with 1 tp in it. its random, and some just have better luck then others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros
your whole argument is useless, and here is why:

Each time you have an epic, a 3 sided dice is rolled. 1 is a tp, the other 2 are normal. if you get a tp drop you WILL get a non-tp drop next time. the time after that the 3 sided dice is rolled again.

basically:

each epic you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a tp, does not mean that 1 drop in every 3 will be a tp, it just means there is a chance.

i myself personally have had 10 drops with 1 tp in it. its random, and some just have better luck then others.
ever seen a 3 sided die? i mean seriously how would u make that

(yes i know its possible)
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
Zomg

The title of this thread called out to me...

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

Epic tp drops for me has always fell at a 50% rate, the 1 in 3 ratio has never been a reality with me since this patch came in. Bad luck is not a suitable answer as I refuse to believe in 100% bad luck and 0% good luck. But this has all been said before and has been ignored by the powers to be.

Worst patch ever by far

Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
Xenn

i rarely get TPs, i see no problem

and as already mentioned, its called LUCK, you would had lots of TPs in a row too (if there wasnt a patch for that)

Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy
Epic tp drops for me has always fell at a 50% rate, the 1 in 3 ratio has never been a reality with me since this patch came in. Bad luck is not a suitable answer as I refuse to believe in 100% bad luck and 0% good luck. But this has all been said before and has been ignored by the powers to be.

Worst patch ever by far
yea cause these other people saying they rarely get TP proves nothing to the point that you just have bad luck huh
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson
yea cause these other people saying they rarely get TP proves nothing to the point that you just have bad luck huh
Not at all, you are missing the point. Some people are getting 100% good luck, most people get average luck and some people get 100% bad luck. I am sure that on a global scale this looks like a perfect bell curve but it seems to me that your place on that curve does not change. So if you rarely get TP's then you will always rarely get TP's, and if you get TP's on a 50% rate you will always get TP's on a 50% rate. Thus there is no luck involved here, no randomness exist only an infinite loop that you are caught in.

A 100% of anything does not exist in a random environment, there is no such thing as infinite good luck nor infinite bad luck. But that is what we have here and just brushing it off as such is not an acceptable answer.

I would future argue that is is much the same as when I mentioned that the heroic mode was a failure and it was brushed off by you as just bad luck. Then months later as more and more people started to complain that the heroic mode was not dropping epics as stated, all of a sudden the powers to be admitted that it was not working and put in a patch to fix the problem. You were wrong then and you are wrong here.

Bad luck be dam, too many months have gone by with the same 50% drop rate to have it anything to do with luck.

Get me off this loop and give me average luck!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #11
Milkchan

ok..so there can't be 2 tp's in a row..but its ok for me to get a double tp drop? the dice fall at the same time and don't see if the other one is tp allready? or is there always a tp in double epic drop?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

My drops since patch:

53 pet
64 piercer tp
69 staff
78 bp tp
78 quiver
78 shield tp
78 bp

So I'm also getting 50% :/

Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkchan
ok..so there can't be 2 tp's in a row..but its ok for me to get a double tp drop? the dice fall at the same time and don't see if the other one is tp allready? or is there always a tp in double epic drop?
thats bad luck, ive gotten both as non-tp drops.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #14
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkchan
gems and items are on a different drop table so it is possible to get an item TP followed by a gem TP or an item TP and a gem TP at the same time you will not however see 2 gem TP drops in a row or 2 item drops in a row
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%