PSK System
Old 07-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Somneil

Default PSK System

This is sort of a supplement to the PK system.

I call it the Public Service Killing system.

And its used to kill people who are generally a public nuisance, but not bannable.

The way it might work is that someone can right click on an avatar and there will be a "Force PSK" option. Forcing PSK on someone triggers a vote dialogue among all other players who have the option toggled to participate in PSK voting.

Then the majority decides whether the person becomes open to being PSK'd or not.

PSK could be done on characters of any level. PSK'ing would not yield drops or loot of any sort but would take RT from the slain like a normal death. PSK'ing could even be done right in the middle of town, lynching style.

Paid accounts would be immune to PSK, of course, as its generally the free accounts causing problems. (And hey, one more reason to get a paid account.)

That's my idea, at least. The goal is to have some kind of vigilante system against annoying people without relying on Jeff and without risking permadeath on your characters just to smack some sense into spammers and retards.

The only problem with this system is that it could be abused against people who are not necessarily causing problems but the majority decides to gang up on them anyway.

Last edited by Somneil; 07-20-2008 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Seer's BFF

That's a way to allow mass harassment on players.
What's to stop a big bunch of players from organizing such "lynching" on other players?

A little too exploitable.

Ever heard of the Inquisition? Seems a harsh comparison, but actually, it's exactly like it.

It's even more pointless, when you can Ignore Shouts from free accounts and from acounts under level 5.

The way to prevent other forms of harassment would simply be: allow players to Ignore "actions" from accounts under level 5, free accounts, and All accounts.

"Actions" = duel invitation, group invitation, trade, whisper, etc...

Last edited by Nurvus; 07-20-2008 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Somneil

I agree the ignore functions completely solve most problems. But they don't make the game anymore interesting.

And while I'm certainly not hoping to make the game more interesting at the expense of innocent players, I am hoping for a compromise.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
spartanairborne

The Order of Nemesis gladly offers our services in this endeavor. All we need is some gold/items, and we'll be more than happy to oblige you.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Nomad

Quote:
The Order of Nemesis gladly offers our services in this endeavor. All we need is some gold/items, and we'll be more than happy to oblige you.
lol
so the PK guy has got into killing newbs for gold

Old 07-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

so spartanairborne your saying as long as you can pay anyone can hire you and your guild for a job of killing innocent noobs

Old 07-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
spartanairborne

Abso****inglutely.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Seer's BFF

Thanks for making my point for me...

Old 07-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

then PSK system isnt needed you just contact spartanairborne instead