Rested Time and grey enemies
Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
Aeronor

Default Rested Time and grey enemies

I'd like to suggest that battles against grey enemies do not use up your rested time. My reasoning for this is that grey enemies give nothing, so they are a waste to fight when you have rested time. Here are two scenarios:

Firstly, let's say I have some items in storage in a far off town that I'd like to retrieve. The problem is, if I journey there all I will encounter are grey enemies. It is a waste to go all that way, burning RT during and for 60 seconds after every grey encounter. This means the most efficient thing to do would be to burn up all my RT and then journey to the town, which is difficult to do given my play time.

The second scenario is that I'd like to introduce my friend to this game, and I'd like to help her reach my level so that we can adventure together. I'm fine with earning nothing while she levels up, the problem is that that will burn up all my RT as well.

Having RT used when fighting grey enemies discourages travel and discourages helping friends join, two things which probably should not be discouraged.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

actually, if you lvl with her, she will get nothing also. because the grey fights are trivial to you.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
Style

scenario

i am lvl 15 all the monsters on the travelers way are grey to me every single one, if grey monsters do not eat up rt i can go back and forth from castile to stronhad gaining massive amounts of adventuring experience at no loss all day.

if u are looking to help your friend lvl close to u at no experience gain y would u care about your daily rt that would be a detriment to equaling out your lvls...

finally if the monsters are grey to u and u gain no experience for killing them, neither do your group members in the same squares...

Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
Epic Scholar

i think style proved that the case is a moot point.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
Aeronor

I did not realize that about helping lower levels, it makes sense to prevent power leveling.

As for the travelling, you can already travel between cities and gain massive exp. If you don't lose RT, it doesnt speed up the process, just makes it affect your combat time less. If it did become an issue, some sort of diminishing returns could be implemented so that travelling to the same city repeatedly gives you less experience. That would help out with travelling for trade purposes, while not letting people abuse the adventuring bonus. This might also help boost the crafting industry, as no one wants to sacrifice RT just to get their goods to a different city.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
Epic Scholar

if Adventuring points were to diminish instead of go up, there is a higher likelihood that trade would decline. whats the point of going to a diff town with RT, if you dont get a higher reward for it? i think, that the amount of points given, justifies just slightly, the RT used. if you dont like it, wait till you are out of RT to travel.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Style

i tend to take anything i have to new cities when i dont have rt personally, and the fact that greys eat rt is what stops u from continuously going from town to town most people do not want to trade off 45-1hr of rt for only 200k adventuring xp

Old 07-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Ehlmaris

I dunno... once I can kill Ogre or Newt in one hit every time, I might just farm some adventuring exp :P

Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

travelers way can be soloed in about 1 min once you can solo you way through creatures on north passage

Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
spartanairborne

especially with hotkeys. i once was already exited out of combat before all the damage from my ambush trishot showed up on the screen.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
Adamska

Haxor hotkeys lol. Can I see your script Spartan?