New Character Face/Avatar Selection
Old 07-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Rackos

Default New Character Face/Avatar Selection

One feature that I enjoy in Nodiatis is the ability to choose from hundreds of faces. I like looking through the options and see what faces and personalities other players have as well. The only thing about the way the system is currently set up during character creation that detracts from that enjoyment is the constant rerolling to find a particular face or particular type of face.

Something that I think would be nice is to change the facial and background selection so that you can choose which details you want when rerolling faces.

Humanoid - Male
Humanoid - Female
Humanoid - Genderless
Creature - Male
Creature - Female
Creature - Genderless

These would be good options that allow a character to browse through the faces without having to see the same faces dozens of times before finding a new face that they would like to use. With the current system, assuming that we're rounding down to 300 faces, you have only slightly more than a 1% chance of finding any particular face since rerolling brings up 4 faces every time. If you accidently skip a particular face that you want before selecting it, you end up having to reroll again and again to try to find it again. By allowing sorting options so that you only see certain types of faces, new players would have to spend less time looking for particular faces that they would want to use and you stand a better chance of finding the right face since dividing the faces into 6 different typesets would increase the odds of getting any particular face to roughly 1/12 as opposed to the current 1/100. If you're as unlucky as I am, that 1/100 has a tendency to turn into 1/300 or so assuming that I don't pull a silly and accidently miss the face that I want.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Blademaster

I like the idea

Old 07-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

one other thing that can be annoying is picking a face then you find there are loads of other people with the same one. i think Decker's char have the most chars with the same avatar. maybe could we get more faces or counter to say how many times this has been picked. this should even out the char faces a bit more.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 07-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
Epic Scholar

i agree, its annoying to be in a town, and have like 5 faces with very, very similar backgrounds. when you are trying to find just one person.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Style

how about the possibility of uploading custom avatars for paying accounts?

heavy restrictions would need to apply ofcourse

Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
petrostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackos
One feature that I enjoy in Nodiatis is the ability to choose from hundreds of faces. I like looking through the options and see what faces and personalities other players have as well. The only thing about the way the system is currently set up during character creation that detracts from that enjoyment is the constant rerolling to find a particular face or particular type of face.

Something that I think would be nice is to change the facial and background selection so that you can choose which details you want when rerolling faces.

Humanoid - Male
Humanoid - Female
Humanoid - Genderless
Creature - Male
Creature - Female
Creature - Genderless

These would be good options that allow a character to browse through the faces without having to see the same faces dozens of times before finding a new face that they would like to use. With the current system, assuming that we're rounding down to 300 faces, you have only slightly more than a 1% chance of finding any particular face since rerolling brings up 4 faces every time. If you accidently skip a particular face that you want before selecting it, you end up having to reroll again and again to try to find it again. By allowing sorting options so that you only see certain types of faces, new players would have to spend less time looking for particular faces that they would want to use and you stand a better chance of finding the right face since dividing the faces into 6 different typesets would increase the odds of getting any particular face to roughly 1/12 as opposed to the current 1/100. If you're as unlucky as I am, that 1/100 has a tendency to turn into 1/300 or so assuming that I don't pull a silly and accidently miss the face that I want.
QFT! This is a very good idea!